5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi everyone, this is Matt from B2 Fabrication

onelochevy

Reaction score
Based on the reviews of the B2 14” Magnaflow I’m thinking it will be too loud for me. Quotes like “it will get your neighbors attention”...hmmm.

Its not that loud at all. I just has a very nice rumble to it. Perfect sound IMO. My driveway is right outside the window of my 2 year old son and it doesnt wake him up when I crank it up at 5am.

B2 Fabrication

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Hi guys, Sorry for the delay, I should be checking this forum more often!
I am glad to hear most of you are liking the muffler setups, I really think our version with the Magnaflow muffler would keep 90% of people very happy.
For those of you that want something quieter I may have something later on but not right at the moment. The reason is that the overall length I have to work with is about 37 1/2". I can fit a 14" muffler in that space as well as the bent tube with some space in between the bends, I need that length in between for the bend tooling. I may be able to fit an 18" muffler but I will have to come up with a prototype, have someone local try it on their truck, then invest in some custom tooling. I will probably do all that in the summer when we get slow but to be honest I have only had a few requests for this so that is why it is not my top priority at this very second. If you guys want to wait a little while I will probably have something but if you want something now you could always do the Mufflex version, they use an offset muffler and slip joints that you have to rotate into place, not quite as nice as my setup in my opinion but it would still do the trick and give you the sound you are looking for. We will not ever make a 24", they are just too close to stock sound, maybe 5% louder than the factory.

Wmyersabn

Reaction score
I just ordered the full delete system. I live in a town were loud exhaust is accepted. I'll give a review after installation.

trixdesigns

Reaction score
People saying 68db is too loud?

I traded in my 2015 Charger R/T+ for my truck. The measured output at cold start in open air (not in a garage or parking facility) from the rear of the car was 117db and would idle down to 98-100. Warmed up it was around 89 inside the car at idle. Double chambered exhaust with no resonators. It sounded beautiful everywhere from 5 to 130mph.

Now do I want that on the truck, Hell no.
I do however want to hear and feel it if I get into it.

Wmyersabn

Reaction score
I just ordered the full delete system. I live in a town were loud exhaust is accepted. I'll give a review after the installation.
B2 fabrication muffler delete. I was little leery of a full delete but do not regret it.

I just installed the B2 fabrication.
The install; took about 30ish min 5 of those minutes were me trying not to throw up while contemplating taking a saw to my brand new truck exhaust system. It was simple just cut 11/4in of the back took my impact drill to the brackets pulled it out switched it sprayed silicone lube on the rubber mounts slip right off. Bolted up easy and honestly would not have taken 30min if I hadn't broken my first blade (it was old).
Sound; it's not loud at all compared to what I was expecting. It growls now and I can't hear it in my house. Now give it gas and she gets loud but windows up and don't hear much at all.
For the price and sound well worth it. Think it added some more horsepower also.

Now best comparison I have My neighbor has a 2500 6.4hemi that he paid almost 500 for them to run duals with magnaflow. His cold start idle is as loud as my warm idle. A few more decibles then his not much more.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
^^^ nice man. I’m interested in a sound clip. I’m loving my MF. I was way to scared to go full delete.

Chrisdp23

Reaction score
I just installed mine this morning and could not be happier. The sound is just what I was looking for, a nice throaty rumble at start up and while idling, then as you accelerate it gives you that nice V-8 sound, get to cruising highway speed and you don't even notice it. When ECO mode kicked in while doing 30mph on my street it actually got a little louder but was not anything that I would say was annoying, even with all with all four windows down. If anyone is on the fence, buy it you will not be disappointed.

Install was super easy thanks to Wmyersabn. I also unbolted the rear hanger bracket, used my air ratchet, and the rear rubber mounts were a breeze to get off once the muffler was off the truck.

I also weighed them both B2 was 14lbs the stock was 26Lbs

Last edited:

Jbartlett

Reaction score
Im still waiting to see some videos of the sound! Lol I've heard a few but the more the better!

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There are many videos on the flowmaster full delete and outlaw(pypes) muffler. Sound will be very close to the same. Fyi

Steveu

Reaction score
Hi guys,
My name is Matt Boesch, I own B2 Fabrication. We are a small fabrication company established in 2008. The company consists primarily of myself with my retired dad coming in to help a few days a week. My wife runs our website and handles the books. We operate out of a extremely well equipped barn behind my house. I have a background in the automotive restoration and racing industry.
We have been making exhaust systems for Ram trucks for about 8 years now, we have over 10,000 of our systems on the road, I have hand welded every single one of them but in the near future we will be using a robot for this task whenever I figure out how to program it! We have spent the better part of a decade figuring out what is important to the majority of our customers and what is not. What seems to be the most important is fit and sound followed closely by value.
We realize someone can easily spend over $1000 for a full cat-back system or a 304 stainless bolt-on that sounds sometimes as good, sometimes far worse than ours does. With us you spend less than $300 (shipped!) and have something that you can install in 15 minutes, sounds fantastic, and will last the life of your truck!
We manufacture our systems using 100% 409 stainless, why not 304? 3 reasons: It is because the exhaust that comes stock on the Ram is 409 stainless, the Magnaflow mufflers we use only come in 409 stainless, and it would add considerably to the price of our systems. Like I said before, we are trying to find a balance between quality and value.
For now we are offering 3 versions for your 5th Gen Ram. The DR-06 with a Magnaflow muffler ($260 shipped), the DR-04 with a Pypes brand muffler ($260 shipped) and the DR-05 which is a muffler delete ($170 shipped).
At this moment I do not have sound clips, I will have one later next week for the DR-06.
Our exhaust systems are 100% made in the USA and come with all the necessary hardware / instructions for installation. Because of our small size we usually operate on a two day lead time.

Check us out at www.b2fabrication.com

View attachment 19061

View attachment 19062

View attachment 19063
Good afternoon i just drove home my new 2019 Longhorn. I’m looking for a exhaust that will not be heard in the cab like the Borla Inhad on my Raptor. I just was more of an announced sound.
Ideas ?

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Good afternoon i just drove home my new 2019 Longhorn. I’m looking for a exhaust that will not be heard in the cab like the Borla Inhad on my Raptor. I just was more of an announced sound.
Ideas ?
The MF muffler will be your choice then. It’s very tame when your chill. Aggressive when you are. Best of both worlds if you will.

Evoking1230

Reaction score
My muffler delete was supposed to be here Friday, but pushed to Monday. There went my Father's Day plans :LOL:
Won't be able to install it until the weekend. :-(
Vid comparing cold start w/ AFE Magnum Force CAI and the delete installed to follow...sit tight y'all, it's coming!!! :LOL::cool:

Evoking1230

Reaction score
Left work early to get the muffler delete installed. Took under an hour as I too had an epic struggle with the rear muffler hangers lol.

This clip is with the stock exhaust and just the AFE Magnum Force Stg II CAI. Really woke up
the HEMI and made the stock exhaust louder. The vids don’t do it justice. Listen to both with some headphones, it just sounds better.

This one is just a semi cold start with the exhaust installed. I absolutely love the sound. It’s exactly what I always wanted my V8 powered car/truck to sound like. Not too loud honestly. Drone, not much. Definitely gets attention. Wife loves it and actually wanted to drive with the windows down last night

Last edited:

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Left work early to get the muffler delete installed. Took under an hour as I too had an epic struggle with the rear muffler hangers lol.

This clip is with the stock exhaust and just the AFE Magnum Force Stg II CAI. Really woke up
the HEMI and made the stock exhaust louder. The vids don’t do it justice. Listen to both with some headphones, it just sounds better.

This one is just a semi cold start with the exhaust installed. I absolutely love the sound. It’s exactly what I always wanted my V8 powered car/truck to sound like. Not too loud honestly. Drone, not much. Definitely gets attention. Wife loves it and actually wanted to drive with the windows down last night

Keep the wife (y):ROFLMAO:

Users who are viewing this thread