5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi everyone, this is Matt from B2 Fabrication

JK47TheWeapon

Reaction score
I installed my B2 Magnaflow today. Fit and finish of it is nice.

The rubber exhaust supports were a total nightmare to remove, even with support removal pliers. I had to soap them up, and even then they were a bear.

onelochevy

Reaction score
I installed my B2 Magnaflow today. Fit and finish of it is nice.

The rubber exhaust supports were a total nightmare to remove, even with support removal pliers. I had to soap them up, and even then they were a bear.

Yea, the hangers were a pain. The front one came off easily but I had to work for the back 2. I cut one with a die grinder and cutoff wheel and the other I was able to push through with a pair of channel-locks. Definitely the longest part of the install process.

Zeronet

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi guys,
My name is Matt Boesch, I own B2 Fabrication. We are a small fabrication company established in 2008. The company consists primarily of myself with my retired dad coming in to help a few days a week. My wife runs our website and handles the books. We operate out of a extremely well equipped barn behind my house. I have a background in the automotive restoration and racing industry.
We have been making exhaust systems for Ram trucks for about 8 years now, we have over 10,000 of our systems on the road, I have hand welded every single one of them but in the near future we will be using a robot for this task whenever I figure out how to program it! We have spent the better part of a decade figuring out what is important to the majority of our customers and what is not. What seems to be the most important is fit and sound followed closely by value.
We realize someone can easily spend over $1000 for a full cat-back system or a 304 stainless bolt-on that sounds sometimes as good, sometimes far worse than ours does. With us you spend less than $300 (shipped!) and have something that you can install in 15 minutes, sounds fantastic, and will last the life of your truck!
We manufacture our systems using 100% 409 stainless, why not 304? 3 reasons: It is because the exhaust that comes stock on the Ram is 409 stainless, the Magnaflow mufflers we use only come in 409 stainless, and it would add considerably to the price of our systems. Like I said before, we are trying to find a balance between quality and value.
For now we are offering 3 versions for your 5th Gen Ram. The DR-06 with a Magnaflow muffler ($260 shipped), the DR-04 with a Pypes brand muffler ($260 shipped) and the DR-05 which is a muffler delete ($170 shipped).
At this moment I do not have sound clips, I will have one later next week for the DR-06.
Our exhaust systems are 100% made in the USA and come with all the necessary hardware / instructions for installation. Because of our small size we usually operate on a two day lead time.

Check us out at www.b2fabrication.com

View attachment 19061

View attachment 19062

View attachment 19063
Any plans on offering an 18” or 24” Magnaflow? Been looking at the Mufflex 24 but like your kit design better.

Trfnj74

Reaction score
Any plans on offering an 18” or 24” Magnaflow? Been looking at the Mufflex 24 but like your kit design better.

I'm curious as well just in case the 14" is too loud, I have other options.. The cat back wasn't at all to my liking.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm curious as well just in case the 14" is too loud, I have other options.. The cat back wasn't at all to my liking.
Guys, I would just go to their website and contact then. Tell them what your looking to do. I’m sure they will get back much quicker then here

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

I was curious about this and asked Matt and the answer was No. Couple of reasons. First was that he couldn’t make an 18” or 24” fit unless he did a full catback. I guess the way he does his bolt-on it wouldn’t work. The other point that I’ve heard others make is that an 18 or 24 (especially) doesn’t make enough of a difference in sound to be meaningful and worth it. In prior years they did but in the 5th Gen the exhaust design is different because of the single in/out design, plus the 3 resonators. This design eliminates a lot of the sound so in order to get some of it back, you need to go a bit more “aggressive” and go with the 14” B2 Magnaflow or do a full Catback of your choice.

Zeronet

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was curious about this and asked Matt and the answer was No. Couple of reasons. First was that he couldn’t make an 18” or 24” fit unless he did a full catback. I guess the way he does his bolt-on it wouldn’t work. The other point that I’ve heard others make is that an 18 or 24 (especially) doesn’t make enough of a difference in sound to be meaningful and worth it. In prior years they did but in the 5th Gen the exhaust design is different because of the single in/out design, plus the 3 resonators. This design eliminates a lot of the sound so in order to get some of it back, you need to go a bit more “aggressive” and go with the 14” B2 Magnaflow or do a full Catback of your choice.
I do a good bit of towing, so i’m concerned with drone and it being too loud when towing. Basically looking for something more free-flowing with the Magnaflow flow through design. Also looking for an improved tone. That’s why I was looking at the 24”.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mines calmed down in this week or so. I really like it. I do want for someone to drive it while I listen on the outside

Cannonball

Reaction score
Based on the reviews of the B2 14” Magnaflow I’m thinking it will be too loud for me. Quotes like “it will get your neighbors attention”...hmmm.
You have the 3.6 by your signature but maybe you got the 5.7 in your '19? The 3.6 will obviously be quieter than my 5.7.

Your concern of more noise while towing is legit. I notice more noise for sure when I'm accelerating to pass or going up a "hill" (Florida). I'd say it would get annoying if you're towing distance but that's coming from a 3.92 and I like to cruise at 75. If you're 3.21 or travel slower while towing you may not notice the additional sound. It only is notable above 2000 rpm.

I really think this exhaust is they perfect option for our trucks when you look at price, install, quality, tone, and sound.

Last edited:

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I do a good bit of towing, so i’m concerned with drone and it being too loud when towing. Basically looking for something more free-flowing with the Magnaflow flow through design. Also looking for an improved tone. That’s why I was looking at the 24”.

If you’re set on an 18” or 24” you can go with a Mufflex.

Love2driveRAM19

Reaction score
No it wasn't. That was my opinion.

You can download a free Sound Meter and post some decibal (dB) readings. While this will not be 100% accurate, it will give better data to support your opinion. Others have posted dB readings showing effects with/without, windows up/down etc...helps better understand the "loudness" or "acceptable" ranges which varies person to person.

Cannonball

Reaction score
You can download a free Sound Meter and post some decibal (dB) readings. While this will not be 100% accurate, it will give better data to support your opinion. Others have posted dB readings showing effects with/without, windows up/down etc...helps better understand the "loudness" or "acceptable" ranges which varies person to person.

Already did the sound meter and posted a very thorough review. Volume is relative to the listener.

Users who are viewing this thread