5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi everyone, this is Matt from B2 Fabrication

Cannonball

Reaction score
Story time: I just installed my B2 MF yesterday. Had the wife take the truck to the store last night right after I finished bolting it up and before i even had a chance to drive it. She goes "oh no, I won't take that from you". I laugh and said just get on it when you pull out.

5 minutes later I hear her start up and my eyes widen. Cold start will get your neighbors attention. I have a z06 and a macan S to compete with so I'm not concerned but yes, you'll hear it from inside the house.

Then the broad launches it and all I can do is laugh giddly like a high school kid. Partly at how awesome my wife is for hitting 5000 rpm in the cul de sac and partly at the at the fact i just became 10 years younger again.

I'll post an actually review later on, just wanted to share and throw a quick shout out the guys @ B2. Quality, American, fairly priced product!

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
^^^^ lol love it man!!!
Well I got mine today. To bad it went to my house instead of work. Which was the ship to address :mad:. Oh well, one more day I guess. I’ll just have some beers and admire it tonight. Haha

jaychris

Reaction score
I just installed the B2 Magnaflow this morning. It was all pretty easy and I love the sound. I never thought the stock was bad per se, but the Magnaflow gives it a little something extra. And in 6th/7th/8th you get your nice quiet cabin at speed, so it's a perfect marriage in my opinion.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Installed mine Saturday morning. Will give it a few days, so I’ll give my thoughts Monday night

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I would think the difference should be fairly noticeable. The difference is 97db stock vs 117db (after) at the tips (not sure if that’s cold/cold or warm/warm but either way... That’s a pretty big difference don’t you think?

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would think the difference should be fairly noticeable. The difference is 97db stock vs 117db (after) at the tips (not sure if that’s cold/cold or warm/warm but either way... That’s a pretty big difference don’t you think?
Yes, I didn’t measure dbs at any conditions. There is a noticeable difference, yes. I have driven the truck way more then usual over this weekend then I normally do. I’ll give a few more days to give a full review Tuesday night.

Cannonball

Reaction score
In cabin sound dB levels via an android app with Mic facing forward sitting on my center console, doors closed, ac off, truck backed IN a garage @ idle cold ish start. Let idle down to 650ish rpm.
1. Stock = 62
2. Exhaust cut off = 76
3. B2 MF = 68

Let me just say i almost didn't put the B2 on after hearing this truck without a muffler. If cutouts weren't so expensive, temperamental, and invasive I'd have sent the B2 back and gone that route. That being said, props to B2 for being so easy to remove which, keeps that possibility on the table. My setup is all stock intake side, resonators fully stock.

B2 weighs 14.4 lbs.
Stock is 23.4 lbs

Install was easy excluding getting the stock hangers out of the rubber supports. I had to sawsall two of the barb ends of the stock unit off. B2 fit was perfect. Rock solid in the hangers and perfectly lined up on both inlet and outlet piping.

The sound is addictive when the transmission shifts properly. My truck rushes to get to 5th or 6th and doesn't like to downshift when not in tow mode. So from a stop or in tow haul it sounds great.

DBs on the highway are exactly the same when not under load and just maintaining speed (72 mph @ 2000rpm)

There is no drone but the 4 cylinder to 8 cylinder shift is more noticable than stock (was also noticable stock). This is worse around town than at highway speed. My truck tries to be a little too efficient at times i think. It is a low compression thunk if you let the engine bog down in 4 cylinders and auto shift to 8 cylinders vs just giving it throttle to power up and down shift (then there is no thunk)

Any small issues are totally out weighed by the fact I can swap this exhaust out for free back to my stock can and recoup almost all my money. No other exhaust has such easy swap out and roi.

It's a deep noticable rumble that is the quietest aftermarket you'll get but don't kid yourself, this exhaust is louder all around than stock and can get crazy loud when you want it to.

Last edited:

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score
In cabin sound dB levels via an android app with Mic facing forward sitting on my center console, doors closed, ac off, truck backed IN a garage @ idle cold ish start. Let idle down to 650ish rpm.
1. Stock = 62
2. Exhaust cut off = 76
3. B2 MF = 68

Let me just say i almost didn't put the B2 on after hearing this truck without a muffler. If cutouts weren't so expensive, temperamental, and invasive I'd have sent the B2 back and gone that route. That being said, props to B2 for being so easy to remove which, keeps that possibility on the table. My setup is all stock intake side, resonators fully stock.

B2 weighs 14.4 lbs.
Stock is 22.7 lbs

Install was easy excluding getting the stock hangers out of the rubber supports. I had to sawsall two of the barb ends of the stock unit off. B2 fit was perfect. Rock solid in the hangers and perfectly lined up on both inlet and outlet piping.

The sound is addictive when the transmission shifts properly. My truck rushes to get to 5th or 6th and doesn't like to downshift when not in tow mode. So from a stop or in tow haul it sounds great.

DBs on the highway are exactly the same when not under load and just maintaining speed (72 mph @ 2000rpm)

There is no drone but the 4 cylinder to 8 cylinder shift is more noticable than stock (was also noticable stock). This is worse around town than at highway speed. My truck tries to be a little too efficient at times i think. It is a low compression thunk if you let the engine bog down in 4 cylinders and auto shift to 8 cylinders vs just giving it throttle to power up and down shift (then there is no thunk)

Any small issues are totally out weighed by the fact I can swap this exhaust out for free back to my stock can and recoup almost all my money. No other exhaust has such easy swap out and roi.

It's a deep noticable rumble that is the quietest aftermarket you'll get but don't kid yourself, this exhaust is louder all around than stock and can get crazy loud when you want it to.

The B2 turned out to be just the sound I wanted for my truck. I’ve got a 2015 Mustang GT (currently for sale) that has a Borla touring catback that, for me, is perfect for the Stang, but I didn’t want the truck quite that loud. Here’s a pic of Ruby if anyone’s in the Central Texas area and is interested. More pics and a description are on the Austin Craigslist.

Attachments

• 9910A087-D011-4137-9BB5-0D4AE842E87B.jpeg
    9910A087-D011-4137-9BB5-0D4AE842E87B.jpeg
    130.5 KB · Views: 84

DeanKing

Reaction score
1. Stock = 62
2. Exhaust cut off = 76
3. B2 MF = 68

B2 weighs 14.4 lbs.
Stock is 22.7 lbs

thank you very much. I appreciate everyone posting on how great it sounds or it’s loud or not loud but that is all subjective. A decibel reading tells me volume and that comparison was really interesting without any muffler. I noticed your signature described your motor as v8-NeT. I cannot tell when mine switches back and forth in cylinder deactivation. But that may be because the etorque smooths it out. And if I can’t tell I am not listening for it.

Stogey

Reaction score
Hi guys,
My name is Matt Boesch, I own B2 Fabrication. We are a small fabrication company established in 2008. The company consists primarily of myself with my retired dad coming in to help a few days a week. My wife runs our website and handles the books. We operate out of a extremely well equipped barn behind my house. I have a background in the automotive restoration and racing industry.
We have been making exhaust systems for Ram trucks for about 8 years now, we have over 10,000 of our systems on the road, I have hand welded every single one of them but in the near future we will be using a robot for this task whenever I figure out how to program it! We have spent the better part of a decade figuring out what is important to the majority of our customers and what is not. What seems to be the most important is fit and sound followed closely by value.
We realize someone can easily spend over $1000 for a full cat-back system or a 304 stainless bolt-on that sounds sometimes as good, sometimes far worse than ours does. With us you spend less than $300 (shipped!) and have something that you can install in 15 minutes, sounds fantastic, and will last the life of your truck!
We manufacture our systems using 100% 409 stainless, why not 304? 3 reasons: It is because the exhaust that comes stock on the Ram is 409 stainless, the Magnaflow mufflers we use only come in 409 stainless, and it would add considerably to the price of our systems. Like I said before, we are trying to find a balance between quality and value.
For now we are offering 3 versions for your 5th Gen Ram. The DR-06 with a Magnaflow muffler ($260 shipped), the DR-04 with a Pypes brand muffler ($260 shipped) and the DR-05 which is a muffler delete ($170 shipped).
At this moment I do not have sound clips, I will have one later next week for the DR-06.
Our exhaust systems are 100% made in the USA and come with all the necessary hardware / instructions for installation. Because of our small size we usually operate on a two day lead time.

Check us out at www.b2fabrication.com

View attachment 19061

View attachment 19062

View attachment 19063
Matt, thank you very much for the DR-06. It is the exact sound I was looking for. Sound not too loud, but throater. Your instructions you supplied and the fit were perfect. I am super pleased...
Hi guys,
My name is Matt Boesch, I own B2 Fabrication. We are a small fabrication company established in 2008. The company consists primarily of myself with my retired dad coming in to help a few days a week. My wife runs our website and handles the books. We operate out of a extremely well equipped barn behind my house. I have a background in the automotive restoration and racing industry.
We have been making exhaust systems for Ram trucks for about 8 years now, we have over 10,000 of our systems on the road, I have hand welded every single one of them but in the near future we will be using a robot for this task whenever I figure out how to program it! We have spent the better part of a decade figuring out what is important to the majority of our customers and what is not. What seems to be the most important is fit and sound followed closely by value.
We realize someone can easily spend over $1000 for a full cat-back system or a 304 stainless bolt-on that sounds sometimes as good, sometimes far worse than ours does. With us you spend less than $300 (shipped!) and have something that you can install in 15 minutes, sounds fantastic, and will last the life of your truck!
We manufacture our systems using 100% 409 stainless, why not 304? 3 reasons: It is because the exhaust that comes stock on the Ram is 409 stainless, the Magnaflow mufflers we use only come in 409 stainless, and it would add considerably to the price of our systems. Like I said before, we are trying to find a balance between quality and value.
For now we are offering 3 versions for your 5th Gen Ram. The DR-06 with a Magnaflow muffler ($260 shipped), the DR-04 with a Pypes brand muffler ($260 shipped) and the DR-05 which is a muffler delete ($170 shipped).
At this moment I do not have sound clips, I will have one later next week for the DR-06.
Our exhaust systems are 100% made in the USA and come with all the necessary hardware / instructions for installation. Because of our small size we usually operate on a two day lead time.

Check us out at www.b2fabrication.com

View attachment 19061

View attachment 19062

View attachment 19063

Matt, thank you very much for the DR-06. It is the exact sound I was looking for. Sound not too loud, but throater. Your instructions you supplied and the fit were perfect. I am super pleased...

US. Air Force
Dayton, OH
2019 Longhorn

DeanKing

Reaction score
The B2 turned out to be just the sound I wanted for my truck. I’ve got a 2015 Mustang GT (currently for sale) that has a Borla touring catback that, for me, is perfect for the Stang, but I didn’t want the truck quite that loud. Here’s a pic of Ruby if anyone’s in the Central Texas area and is interested. More pics and a description are on the Austin Craigslist.
I don’t know if you saw my post but I hav the same concern but due to a Corsa on the mustang. I like your car. If I had gotten a fastback I would have gotten that color. It looks lowered. As long as we are posting “my other car is a mustang” pictures in this thread...

Attachments

• mustang.jpeg
    mustang.jpeg
    251.8 KB · Views: 83

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don’t know if you saw my post but I hav the same concern but due to a Corsa on the mustang. I like your car. If I had gotten a fastback I would have gotten that color. It looks lowered. As long as we are posting “my other car is a mustang” pictures in this thread...

Your Vert looks good. Black is always a good looking color. I hate to part with Ruby, but the truck will better suit my retirement, and I don’t want to be paying two insurances.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Matt and crew, thanks you great product you made (y). I’ll be sending some peeps over your way

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
B2 fab MF installed- great quality Matt and team! Keep up great work. Was very quick to install. Longest part was thinking about the no go back cut lol. Deep rumble. Quite at idle, you know it’s there when WOT, yet mellow when not.
Peeps fyi- give it some time before you say yah or nah. Smiles all the way around at my house (y)

Users who are viewing this thread