5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hellwig Sway Bar Purchase$$$$

y2karnival

Reaction score
Hey y’all, could someone with a 21 verify part 7709 will fit. I’m 99.8% sure it will, and Hellwig stated they could neither confirm or deny it would fit a 2021. I’m stock height with air suspension as well. Thanks!

CMil527

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hey y’all, could someone with a 21 verify part 7709 will fit. I’m 99.8% sure it will, and Hellwig stated they could neither confirm or deny it would fit a 2021. I’m stock height with air suspension as well. Thanks!
Yes sir that is what is on mine installed a few weeks back!

U

User_34235

That's odd as a few days ago I asked Hellwig about the right swaybar for my 21 Bighorn and they said to get part number 7709. Looks like they may know now that it will work.

zj4x4

Reaction score
Any real-world experience taking the Hellwig offroad? That's the only reason I haven't pulled the trigger...I camp in some spots which push the limit of my truck and don't want to limit my capabilities. Of course I'm on the road the vast majority of the time so if it's just a matter of putting the bar into the loosest position when I take a trip that's manageable.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
That's odd as a few days ago I asked Hellwig about the right swaybar for my 21 Bighorn and they said to get part number 7709. Looks like they may know now that it will work.
The 7709 fits RAMs going back like 10 years...no change to the bar at all. They just haven't updated their web site.

shrubs2000

Reaction score
This probably won't apply to everyone, but if you're military and/or have access to the Exchange website, they have an auto-parts site on an external page. It sells the Hellwig 7709 for $196. The site hasn't been updated for vehicles newer than 2017, but I figure for 196 its worth the risk that the page is old but the part is right. I figure I can always return it if it ends up being something other than what is listed.

Mine finally arrived from AAFES.. Just need a nice warm day now.

Attachments

• 20210225_181949.jpg
    20210225_181949.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 42

jai91

Reaction score
Mine finally arrived from AAFES.. Just need a nice warm day now.

I got mine from them around the 20th, but yesterday it hit 45 degrees so it was finally warm enough to install. Happy it turned out to be 100% legit and the package had a sticker on it stating it was manufactured in late 2020, so it wasn’t one that was sitting in a warehouse since 2009(which wouldn’t surprise me with AAFES).

U

User_34235

I got mine from them around the 20th, but yesterday it hit 45 degrees so it was finally warm enough to install. Happy it turned out to be 100% legit and the package had a sticker on it stating it was manufactured in late 2020, so it wasn’t one that was sitting in a warehouse since 2009(which wouldn’t surprise me with AAFES).
What made me worried was that AFTER I ordered it did it say that the item was not returnable so I am really glad to see/hear that what you ordered and received was the right one. Thanks for letting us know

U

User_34235

Ordered mine from AAFES this past Saturday and UPS just delivered it today. I just installed it but have a few things to do before I can test drive it. I think it took me longer to open the box than it did to install it. Way too many staples in that box. LOL
It was rather easy to do in the garage but dang is that grease/lube sticky.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ordered mine from AAFES this past Saturday and UPS just delivered it today. I just installed it but have a few things to do before I can test drive it. I think it took me longer to open the box than it did to install it. Way too many staples in that box. LOL
It was rather easy to do in the garage but dang is that grease/lube sticky.
Lol, that grease will get in places you never though possible by the time the install is done.

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Stock Rebel has 1” lift. Do I go with the 7709?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FuriousDZ

Reaction score
So ive seen these for lifted rams as well, do you need a specific part# if you have a 6" lift? The sway links are longer with the lift kit so I would think the same part number works on stock or lifted

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So ive seen these for lifted rams as well, do you need a specific part# if you have a 6" lift? The sway links are longer with the lift kit so I would think the same part number works on stock or lifted
If you already have extended end links from your lift kit then part# 7709 will work.

Users who are viewing this thread