5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hellwig Sway Bar Purchase$$$$

Mr. Grumpy

Reaction score
Hi guys. I was looking for it at AAFES and I couldn’t find it. Are you guys buying it from a specialty store?

Amazing93

Reaction score

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210311-203453_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210311-203453_Chrome.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 33

Mr. Grumpy

Reaction score

Ram Dude

Reaction score
Mine came in today. Installed it in about an hour working slowly and answering phone calls. I put it on the middle setting. I notice a little difference buy not as much as I anticipated so I may move it in to the closest hole. Has anyone used the firmest setting yet? Thoughts?
I experienced same. Firmest setting is only way to go for me. Drives flat in corners, turns, and lane changes like a sports car without wallow, rolling, and bouncing of a normal truck. Pretty amazing.

U

User_34235

The nuts that hold the drop link onto the sway bar, anyone know what size that is? I used a 3/4" but that was a little loose and when I tried a 17MM and 19MM neither fit so my "guess" is its an 18MM.
Thoughts?

TechDaddy3x

Reaction score
if purchasing these for a limited w/ ORP and daystar + revel links do you go with the base model or one with adjustable bushings?

XoVoX

Reaction score

Amazing93

Reaction score
The nuts that hold the drop link onto the sway bar, anyone know what size that is? I used a 3/4" but that was a little loose and when I tried a 17MM and 19MM neither fit so my "guess" is its an 18MM.
Thoughts?
It's an 18 mm

davidn0021

Reaction score
Update to this:

I'm an idiot and for some reason I thought it was the stock bushing/bracket that fell off when it was actually the Hellwig bracket that fell off! Spoke to Hellwig and they're sending me a replacement for free! Great service!

MajorMalfunction

Reaction score
Question regarding proper installation with a Ram 1500 with adjustable air ride and a 5” Rough Country lift. I will buy the Hellwig 7883 with adjustable end links. At what ride height should the links be adjusted? I understand that the bar ends should be adjusted to be parallel to the ground, but should they be parallel in Off Road 2 (highest ride setting) or in the Normal setting?

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Question regarding proper installation with a Ram 1500 with adjustable air ride and a 5” Rough Country lift. I will buy the Hellwig 7883 with adjustable end links. At what ride height should the links be adjusted? I understand that the bar ends should be adjusted to be parallel to the ground, but should they be parallel in Off Road 2 (highest ride setting) or in the Normal setting?
I would think it should be level in normal setting but I would contact hellwig and see what they say.

Users who are viewing this thread