5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hellwig Sway Bar Purchase$$$$

gzgg99

Reaction score
Well...today I put some miles on her with the wife to get a better feel for the Hellwig. It makes a HUGE difference and happy I got it. Now I can go around curves at 70mph like in my Audi and the truck remains planted on the ground...who needs a sports car now :)
What setting did you install on (sorry if you said it and I missed it)

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
What setting did you install on (sorry if you said it and I missed it)
I thought I'd go with the middle setting first. Actually liking where it's at, but I may try the inner most setting just to see what it does differently in a month or so.

CMil527

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Did you order your Pedal Commander too?
So what's the story on these things, I've never had one. Typically tune but with needing to swap stuff out a bit wary. So I see everyone running some version of these throttle controllers but there are like 8 different units?? Any input guys?

gzgg99

Reaction score
I thought I'd go with the middle setting first. Actually liking where it's at, but I may try the inner most setting just to see what it does differently in a month or so.
well, I pulled the trigger, will likely start in the middle too. This truck is a fun, but expensive, hobby.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
So what's the story on these things, I've never had one. Typically tune but with needing to swap stuff out a bit wary. So I see everyone running some version of these throttle controllers but there are like 8 different units?? Any input guys?
You will find that the RAM has BAD accelerator lag. This device adjusts the throttle sensitivity and makes the truck FUN to drive. It has 32 settings to choose from. I would never have a truck without one! 5-minute install (or less) and will put a BIG smile on your face!

CMil527

Reaction score
You will find that the RAM has BAD accelerator lag. This device adjusts the throttle sensitivity and makes the truck FUN to drive. It has 32 settings to choose from. I would never have a truck without one! 5-minute install (or less) and will put a BIG smile on your face!
Got that part from what ive read, just hit 400 miles today so haven't got on her too much as of yet. So you recommend the pedal commander? Tons of different units definitely confusing

kooz21

Reaction score
Until the next mod my friends! There will always be another :D
No no no! Just ceramic tint next week, then I’m done...
No, really...
Maybe a pedal commander, eventually. But I’m definitely not getting cool wheels and tires... no way... at least not until my tires wear out... some.
But then I’m definitely done!
😬

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Got that part from what ive read, just hit 400 miles today so haven't got on her too much as of yet. So you recommend the pedal commander? Tons of different units definitely confusing
I like the design of the PC and that it can be controlled via BT so you can bury the controller anywhere you want. The Sprint Booster is also a nice unit. I just prefer the PC myself. In the end, they will all do the exact same thing.

CMil527

Reaction score
I like the design of the PC and that it can be controlled via BT so you can bury the controller anywhere you want. The Sprint Booster is also a nice unit. I just prefer the PC myself. In the end, they will all do the exact same thing.
Yeah i would want to hide it as well not really big on sticking wired controllers on my new vehicles dash.. thanks for the advice! (y)

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did you order your Pedal Commander too?

No I haven't. I'm not sure on the PC or the PedalMonster. I have the SprintBooster for JGC but don't want to get that again.

Oh ya..already lined up the Ceramic Tint for the front window and my firelight bar for the front windshield.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
No I haven't. I'm not sure on the PC or the PedalMonster. I have the SprintBooster for JGC but don't want to get that again.

Oh ya..already lined up the Ceramic Tint for the front window and my firelight bar for the front windshield.
The Bank's units appears a bit "overkill" for most I think.

Users who are viewing this thread