5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hellwig Sway Bar Purchase$$$$

CMil527

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
These were the 2 i was looking at last night as well, price point is close.. which way to go? Hmmmm

obrien

Reaction score
Pedal commander is absolute must and #1 upgrade :) I love my JMS but I am sure there are many other good available. First 1.5 minute of this video from Sprint Booster will tell you you need to know

NorthernArea51

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Threw mine on today and went for a spin...definitely a noticeable difference in the first turn. Pleased.

The only suggestion I’d make for the process after watching two install videos and reading the instructions...I’d loosen the end link bolts first before the bushings. I had to to put a bolt back in both bushings to get enough leverage to loosen the end link bolts. No way was I getting those loose with the bushings unattached.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Threw mine on today and went for a spin...definitely a noticeable difference in the first turn. Pleased.

The only suggestion I’d make for the process after watching two install videos and reading the instructions...I’d loosen the end link bolts first before the bushings. I had to to put a bolt back in both bushings to get enough leverage to loosen the end link bolts. No way was I getting those loose with the bushings unattached.
That's what I did as it made more sense to me.

Smashius

Reaction score
Pedal commander is absolute must and #1 upgrade :) I love my JMS but I am sure there are many other good available. First 1.5 minute of this video from Sprint Booster will tell you you need to know

Well, that video is the best example of sour grapes that I've see in a long time, lol.

KCViper

Reaction score
Sorry if this is a noob question, but is the stock sway bar the same in 4x2 and 4x4? Will Hellwig #7709 fit both? Thanks much!

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Made some offers to vendors on ebay last week, no one really seemed interested in dealing. Lowest counter I received was $7 off LOL. Received an email last night from one of those same vendors for $250, went ahead and pulled the trigger. I could have waited it out, but now that I have my new (heavier) wheels and tires on, I can see the benefit of a better swaybar

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Made some offers to vendors on ebay last week, no one really seemed interested in dealing. Lowest counter I received was $7 off LOL. Received an email last night from one of those same vendors for $250, went ahead and pulled the trigger. I could have waited it out, but now that I have my new (heavier) wheels and tires on, I can see the benefit of a better swaybar

Ya I tried the same thing as they wouldn't budge at all. I got 1 online retailer with a price of $242 for but they were backed for 4-6 weeks. Got a different online retailer to price match it ($20 off) and it will be arriving today.

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just looked at Ebay and both of the sellers I tried to buy the Hellwig 7709 are now offering it for 250.45 or 253.14...Now they want to play the game.

Too bad mine just showed up tonight.

obrien

Reaction score
Just looked at Ebay and both of the sellers I tried to buy the Hellwig 7709 are now offering it for 250.45 or 253.14...Now they want to play the game.

Too bad mine just showed up tonight.
who? :)

obrien

Reaction score
btw can you use 7709 with off road package (= 1inch lift I believe )

Smashius

Reaction score
You can.

Everyone seems to shy away from the 7883 though, and maybe it is overkill (?), but I'm really happy and it's not that big of a price difference.

Also, I'd prefer my truck be overkill :sneaky:

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online

Members online