5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hellwig Sway Bar Purchase$$$$

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You can.

Everyone seems to shy away from the 7883 though, and maybe it is overkill (?), but I'm really happy and it's not that big of a price difference.

Also, I'd prefer my truck be overkill :sneaky:
That model is needed for lifted trucks; it comes with adjustable end links. It’s the same sway bar, so it’s unnecessary if you’re riding at stock height. It’s nice that they offer an adjustable version for those who need one.

Smashius

Reaction score
That model is needed for lifted trucks; it comes with adjustable end links. It’s the same sway bar, so it’s unnecessary if you’re riding at stock height. It’s nice that they offer an adjustable version for those who need one.

Aren't we all just waiting to lift our trucks....more? ;)

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
You can.

Everyone seems to shy away from the 7883 though, and maybe it is overkill (?), but I'm really happy and it's not that big of a price difference.

Also, I'd prefer my truck be overkill :sneaky:
Same bar as the 7709...just comes with the adjustable end links versus purchasing them separately if desired. For me, the stock end links are just fine and I doubt you'll notice any difference at all by replacing the end links anyway...Hellwig confirmed that to me before I ordered.

Smashius

Reaction score
Same bar as the 7709...just comes with the adjustable end links versus purchasing them separately if desired. For me, the stock end links are just fine and I doubt you'll notice any difference at all by replacing the end links anyway...Hellwig confirmed that to me before I ordered.

Yea, I had originally thought it was a 7/8" vs 1 1/8" difference, but further research proved that not to be true. And agreed on the link difference, I wouldn't know unless I spent some time running both links...which I'm not gonna do, lol.

Ram Man 727

Reaction score
all I care about are first 1.5 minutes where they explain the functionality. I did not even watch the rest :D
If they stopped the video after they talked about their product I would be inclined to consider it. When a company spends more time bashing their competition instead of promoting their product, I start thinking maybe the competition has a better product! Lol

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
If they stopped the video after they talked about their product I would be inclined to consider it. When a company spends more time bashing their competition instead of promoting their product, I start thinking maybe the competition has a better product! Lol
I do believe the design of the Pedal Commander is far superior to that of the Sprint.

obrien

Reaction score
I have JMS PedalMax so I am definitely not their fan or customer. But I really enjoyed seeing it in action.

jai91

Reaction score
This probably won't apply to everyone, but if you're military and/or have access to the Exchange website, they have an auto-parts site on an external page. It sells the Hellwig 7709 for $196. The site hasn't been updated for vehicles newer than 2017, but I figure for 196 its worth the risk that the page is old but the part is right. I figure I can always return it if it ends up being something other than what is listed.

Broly

Reaction score
This probably won't apply to everyone, but if you're military and/or have access to the Exchange website, they have an auto-parts site on an external page. It sells the Hellwig 7709 for $196. The site hasn't been updated for vehicles newer than 2017, but I figure for 196 its worth the risk that the page is old but the part is right. I figure I can always return it if it ends up being something other than what is listed.

I wonder what other parts are lurking at the exchange..hmm!

NorthernArea51

Ram Guru
Reaction score

It’ll definitely work. It’s the same bar they sold for the 4th gens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I had the exact same thought.

Awesome, I’ll confirm once it arrives but saved me some money.
The lifted version (7883) is only $219 on there 😳.

NoMoFoMoCo

Reaction score

Thanks, I just ordered... I didn't even know the Exchange had a separate parts store! Could be dangerous for my wallet.

Arth

Reaction score

Wow that’s a decent price. Just ordered one too.

sailouterbanks

Reaction score
Is the sway bar affected by the air ride adjustments?

Users who are viewing this thread