5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hellwig Sway Bar Purchase$$$$

CMil527

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I would love to achieve the opposite more of a drop in entry mode and aero mode so there isn't so much rake but from what I've read the shorter links cant even accomplish that.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Beefier links...Just got mine today from Core 4x4 and plan on installing tomorrow:
I got their -2" inch links to match the rear drop springs that I installed, they make awesome stuff

Word of warning, the top link of the core 4x4 uses a larger diameter bolt than stock. You'll have to chisel off or drill out the welded nut on the frame. I opted to drill out the nut IMG_20200930_131529~2.jpg

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Well...today I put some miles on her with the wife to get a better feel for the Hellwig. It makes a HUGE difference and happy I got it. Now I can go around curves at 70mph like in my Audi and the truck remains planted on the ground...who needs a sports car now :)

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well...today I put some miles on her with the wife to get a better feel for the Hellwig. It makes a HUGE difference and happy I got it. Now I can go around curves at 70mph like in my Audi and the truck remains planted on the ground...who needs a sports car now :)
really is a top two mod for our truck. First one being the Pedal Commander.

post up what you experience when you move from the middle mounting holes. I know you will experiment next week.

Ram Dude

Reaction score
I got their -2" inch links to match the rear drop springs that I installed, they make awesome stuff

Word of warning, the top link of the core 4x4 uses a larger diameter bolt than stock. You'll have to chisel off or drill out the welded nut on the frame. I opted to drill out the nut View attachment 80563
Thanks Scram I knew that when I ordered and didn’t want to drill fixed nut out so I told them to put narrower sleeves in the top bushings so could just reuse the top OEM bolts and with no drilling, and they did! 😊. Outstanding customer service. Just finished installing in garage and notice SICK tightness just driving out garage to driveway 😂.

With stock links I had Hellwig on firmest setting just to feel something, but with these beefier and longer links I think my 3.5” lift on the shorter, skinnier stock links must’ve put the sway bar at a less than optimum position cause I now REALLY feel it 😳...So much so I may need to go back to center position or even softest position 😂.

Ram Dude

Reaction score
Absolutely, LOL! I’d still be driving a Honda if it weren’t for this damn website,😂
I am pretty excited about this one, I live around a bunch of roundabouts. Fast ‘n Furious coming at ya, RAM STYLE!
😂...Oh yeh!!

FDChauffeur91

Reaction score
Absolutely, LOL! I’d still be driving a Honda if it weren’t for this damn website,😂
I am pretty excited about this one, I live around a bunch of roundabouts. Fast ‘n Furious coming at ya, RAM STYLE!
same. I have 2 roundabouts I drive almost daily. I will be ordering in the next few days and will have to drive same day before and after on the roundabouts to feel the change.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I was pleasantly surprised how much more planted the truck feels now versus before. A big thanks to @Goatmann for helping me spend my money in all the right places :)

Users who are viewing this thread