5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fuel Rebel 5’s or 6’s. Toyo AT3 Tires.

2019GRamRebel

Reaction score
After quite a bit of research, come to the conclusion that 18x9 Fuel Rebel’s are the rims my 2019 Ram Rebel needs. Anyone have a set on their Ram?
Also thinking about running a 295/75/r18 Toyo AT3 tire. My truck is currently on stock air suspension. Think I need a levelling kit? Anyone have a similar tire size running on their truck? Would love to see pics. Thanks!

jjhall8

Reaction score
After quite a bit of research, come to the conclusion that 18x9 Fuel Rebel’s are the rims my 2019 Ram Rebel needs. Anyone have a set on their Ram?
Also thinking about running a 295/75/r18 Toyo AT3 tire. My truck is currently on stock air suspension. Think I need a levelling kit? Anyone have a similar tire size running on their truck? Would love to see pics. Thanks!
Rebel 5's are 5 lug so it would have to be the Rebel 6. Also Toyo does not make a 295/75.

stalkerish

Reaction score

Heres mine leveled with 305/65 18

Attachments

• 20200710_203730.jpg
    20200710_203730.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 298

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a set of AT3s - I posted a ton in the AT3 threads.
Like, more than maybe I should have posted :ROFLMAO:

They're wayyy improved from the Toyo AT2s in wet traction, big time.
On dry pavement the later grip is amazing.

IMHO now that they're worn in, I think it improved my MPG. They were lighter than the duratracs in the stock size, and I think the treadpattern has less rolling resistance. I've been happy with them.

2019GRamRebel

Reaction score

IMHO now that they're worn in, I think it improved my MPG. They were lighter than the duratracs in the stock size, and I think the treadpattern has less rolling resistance. I've been happy with them.
Niceee!

What size tire is it? I kinda know that my fuel economy is gonna go down from the bigger tire but honestly all this excitement is numbing the pain :ROFLMAO:

2019GRamRebel

Reaction score

Just saw your signature running stock tires, answered my own question LOL

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just saw your signature running stock tires, answered my own question LOL

So here's my guess off the top of my head
- The height of the truck + the tires will have more of an effect at highway speeds IMHO, bigger profile cutting through the wind.
The Rebel is on a knife edge anyway, in terms of MDS being on (fuel savings up) and MDS being off (fuel savings down).
Changing the aerodynamic resistance + adding engine load to get and stay moving will take it down a bit.
I'm going to guess your highway MPG might end up being a little over 18mpg

- Around town, I'm going to pull a number out of thin air and say 14.1mpg

The toyos aren't terribly heavy, rolling resistance seems good compared to the duratracs, and you went with 34.3s and not 35x12.5s
(That size, while common - when compared to the stock size, is heavy, wide, and tall.)

If you're looking to get back MPG, an it was something I thought about?
I added a mopar ram air intake and a magnaflow exhaust. In my personal opinion it lets the engine just breath and function better. The engine just didn't seem to work as hard audibly, visibly in its rpm range on the same roads.
MDS was able to kick on sooner and stay on longer. Air in, exhaust out. I personally believe I added just about 1mpg highway, around .5mpg around town, .7 average - between the 2.
I personally believe the power is delivered faster and more efficiently. Oh, and the highway power at speed, when the air is flying at the front of the truck, slams into the intake, down a very short path that's properly sized right into the engine - that power at speed is better.

2019GRamRebel

Reaction score
So here's my guess off the top of my head
- The height of the truck + the tires will have more of an effect at highway speeds IMHO, bigger profile cutting through the wind.
The Rebel is on a knife edge anyway, in terms of MDS being on (fuel savings up) and MDS being off (fuel savings down).
Changing the aerodynamic resistance + adding engine load to get and stay moving will take it down a bit.
I'm going to guess your highway MPG might end up being a little over 18mpg

- Around town, I'm going to pull a number out of thin air and say 14.1mpg

The toyos aren't terribly heavy, rolling resistance seems good compared to the duratracs, and you went with 34.3s and not 35x12.5s
(That size, while common - when compared to the stock size, is heavy, wide, and tall.)

If you're looking to get back MPG, an it was something I thought about?
I added a mopar ram air intake and a magnaflow exhaust. In my personal opinion it lets the engine just breath and function better. The engine just didn't seem to work as hard audibly, visibly in its rpm range on the same roads.
MDS was able to kick on sooner and stay on longer. Air in, exhaust out. I personally believe I added just about 1mpg highway, around .5mpg around town, .7 average - between the 2.
I personally believe the power is delivered faster and more efficiently. Oh, and the highway power at speed, when the air is flying at the front of the truck, slams into the intake, down a very short path that's properly sized right into the engine - that power at speed is better.
I actually been looking at the Mopar intake! It seems like a good investment imo. Better fuel mileage and a little beefier grunt under load I heard. Thanks for your input!

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I actually been looking at the Mopar intake! It seems like a good investment imo. Better fuel mileage and a little beefier grunt under load I heard. Thanks for your input!

Best mod IMHO, if I had to pick one. Paired with a free flowing exhaust? Awesome.
If, god forbid, something happened to my truck and I had to start over?
100% I'd get another ram, and 100% I'd want a ramair in it!

Users who are viewing this thread