5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For those with 6 speaker base stereo who have upgraded-What speaker did you use?

D-dub

Reaction score
I’m looking at upgrading my speakers. My biggest concern with the stock system is over a certain volume it doesn’t get any louder. My truck is quieter than my 4th gen was. Both base systems.

Do these speaker upgrades allow the system to go louder, or does it just add clarity?
Yes and yes. The stock system will be louder. Don't expect miracles tho. I used the infinity reference speakers just in the doors and it was a big improvement on both. The speaker change is worth the money. 👍👍

St-na

Reaction score

Attachments

• 72-7902.jpg
    72-7902.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 50

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score

St-na

Reaction score

Attachments

• 20211102_094807.jpg
    20211102_094807.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 41
  • 20211102_094818.jpg
    20211102_094818.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 40
  • 20211102_094946.jpg
    20211102_094946.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 42
  • 20211102_095551.jpg
    20211102_095551.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 42

1awesomelaw

Reaction score
I literally spent over an hour trying to find this answer, so please don't come at me for not searching! I have BASE stereo (6 speakers) and want to do a simple speaker swap. The other threads out there got SOOO much input that finding this answer has become about impossible, too many people with the HK or Alpine systems and it sounds like different ohm speakers work for different stereo's. I want more sound and a crisper sound, so swapping speakers should do the trick and I'm starting with the dash speakers (ONLY 2 speakers in this system). What ohm speakers did you use? I know what ever speakers are used, it sounds like the Meta 72-7902 adapters are needed for the dash. Was thinking Infinity speakers for the dash because I'll eventually likely put in the REF 9632 in the doors.

Infinity Reference speakers all around., I didn't install an aftermarket amp.
i drive 34 miles to and from work so no need to blast out my ears at 4 am each day. I am happy with the speakers i chose, I purchased right through Crutchfield too.

dbark

Reaction score
Been thinking about ordering new door speakers, most everything says my door speakers are 2 ohm but I recalled someone here saying theirs were 4 ohm. I pulled both front and rear driver's side door panels off today and my door speakers are 4 ohm. Not sure why they are not 2 ohm, it's a V-6, no ANC, quad cab.

Attachments

• PXL_20211207_212307649.MP.jpg
    PXL_20211207_212307649.MP.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 61
  • PXL_20211207_222302742.jpg
    PXL_20211207_222302742.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 61
  • PXL_20211207_222359786.jpg
    PXL_20211207_222359786.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 61

dbark

Reaction score
I've been reading up on this entire thread for the past few days. It's been a great read. I have a 2020 1500 eco diesel and the 6 speaker system. It does not have the ANC..(thank God!) I to have decided to replace the door speakers due to their low volume and muddy sounding characteristics. I watched alot of videos on how to do this. Doesn't look like a bad project at all. I went with Crutchfield for 4 infinity reference 6x9 2-ways. I should have them on Wednesday. However, there is some info Crutchfield is wrong about. Crutchfield says that the speakers are 2 ohm for the 6 speaker system. I pulled my door apart and my speakers are 4 ohm. So their info is not 100% accurate. The dash speakers are 8 ohm, like everyone else's. Looking forward to the improved sound clarity, bass, and volume.

I checked my doors today and they are also 4 ohm. Are you still running the 4 ohms in your doors? Any issues?

D-dub

Reaction score
I checked my doors today and they are also 4 ohm. Are you still running the 4 ohms in your doors? Any issues?
I'm using the infinitys speakers. They are a 3 ohm speaker. No issues. Working as they should. I'd also get the speaker baffles and cut the bottom of them out. It will keep moisture off them and you won't lose any bass response.

D-dub

Reaction score
Been thinking about ordering new door speakers, most everything says my door speakers are 2 ohm but I recalled someone here saying theirs were 4 ohm. I pulled both front and rear driver's side door panels off today and my door speakers are 4 ohm. Not sure why they are not 2 ohm, it's a V-6, no ANC, quad cab.
Those of us who have vehicles without anc should have the 4ohm speakers in the doors. Replace them with the 2way or 3way infinity and enjoy the better sound. The infinity speakers are worth it. Also get the speaker baffles. They go behind the speaker. Cut the bottom of the baffle out. The baffle will keep moisture off the speaker and won't kill the bass response of the speaker.

dbark

Reaction score
Those of us who have vehicles without anc should have the 4ohm speakers in the doors. Replace them with the 2way or 3way infinity and enjoy the better sound. The infinity speakers are worth it. Also get the speaker baffles. They go behind the speaker. Cut the bottom of the baffle out. The baffle will keep moisture off the speaker and won't kill the bass response of the speaker.

Thanks for the reply, I was about to order 2 ohm speakers a few days ago based off all the other info that said we had 2 ohm speakers in the doors. After I went back and reread this thread I decided to pull them out before I ordered, glad I did. Pretty sure I'm going to get 2 ways for all 4 doors, just have to decide which ones I want.

dbark

Reaction score
Added these to the doors to go along with the Faital Pro dash speakers I did a few months ago. I still need to adjust the settings more but it is a definite improvement.

Front PXL_20211228_004104892.jpg

Rear
PXL_20211228_004059392.jpg

WhiteZombie

Reaction score
The CDT HD-690CFX are on sale all day! I just picked up 4 in 2 ohm for the doors.

Reaction score
I added the Infinity Reference speakers in the dash and front doors. I'd like to get a little more bass response by swapping out the speakers in the rear doors. I'm not interested in the thumping bass of a sub-woofer while listening to dance tunes. I'd just like to hear the bass guitar in the country music I listen to. Are there speakers that could do this and fit in the rear doors? And before you ask, I have not yet disabled the ANC mics.

Brunzca

Reaction score
I added the Infinity Reference speakers in the dash and front doors. I'd like to get a little more bass response by swapping out the speakers in the rear doors. I'm not interested in the thumping bass of a sub-woofer while listening to dance tunes. I'd just like to hear the bass guitar in the country music I listen to. Are there speakers that could do this and fit in the rear doors? And before you ask, I have not yet disabled the ANC mics.
I just picked up a pair of CDT CL-69S 6x9s on sale from their website. I’m going to be putting them in the front doors, but they are supposed to give a decent mid/bass response. What you may want to consider, that would help even more, is add some sound deadening treatment to all 4 doors (if you haven’t already). That should help with what you are looking for

ZombieSlayer

Reaction score
RockFord Fosgate P1692s put those in all 4 doors and left the dash tweeters alone. Really good sound for country ;)

Reaction score
I just picked up a pair of CDT CL-69S 6x9s on sale from their website. I’m going to be putting them in the front doors, but they are supposed to give a decent mid/bass response. What you may want to consider, that would help even more, is add some sound deadening treatment to all 4 doors (if you haven’t already). That should help with what you are looking for
I'm going to buy a pair of those CDT 6x9's for the rear door. Looking at the description on their website, I agree that they may be just what I'm looking for. Thanks for the suggestion! Have you did anything with the ANC unit?

Brunzca

Reaction score
I'm going to buy a pair of those CDT 6x9's for the rear door. Looking at the description on their website, I agree that they may be just what I'm looking for. Thanks for the suggestion! Have you did anything with the ANC unit?

I have the 6 Cyl, so no ANC to deal with.. But, I also removed the stock amp, so it would have been a non-issue anyway. lol. Good luck, hope they work for you! I'm planning to put mine in tomorrow.

jeffjcalweb

Reaction score
Hi - what a great topic and detailed, helpful, discussion! I think I read through almost every post - but my question anyway - can someone please provide a link to the exact speaker & source for these Faital speakers? I'm asking as I've done several Amazon/Google searches and I am consistently getting returns for only a 4ohm speaker. I've yet to find a link to a store that I can buy an 8ohm.

Also, the questions about the CDT 6x9 speakers. Are these to upgrade the front door speakers? Anything specific why these are better "paired/suited" than say any of the Kicker 6x9s?

I've had Ram's before, and I know the front door mounting is very shallow and I've put in Kicker's previously. However those trucks all had the Alpine system (bleh).

This is my first 6 speaker setup. Anyway, the CDT 6x9's, are these the correct ones: https://www.cdtaudio.com/sep_components/subwoofers/cl69s.php

Thank you!

Brunzca

Reaction score
Hi - what a great topic and detailed, helpful, discussion! I think I read through almost every post - but my question anyway - can someone please provide a link to the exact speaker & source for these Faital speakers? I'm asking as I've done several Amazon/Google searches and I am consistently getting returns for only a 4ohm speaker. I've yet to find a link to a store that I can buy an 8ohm.

Also, the questions about the CDT 6x9 speakers. Are these to upgrade the front door speakers? Anything specific why these are better "paired/suited" than say any of the Kicker 6x9s?

I've had Ram's before, and I know the front door mounting is very shallow and I've put in Kicker's previously. However those trucks all had the Alpine system (bleh).

This is my first 6 speaker setup. Anyway, the CDT 6x9's, are these the correct ones: https://www.cdtaudio.com/sep_components/subwoofers/cl69s.php

Thank you!
I can’t speak to the kickers.. but those are the CDT 6x9s I recently purchased. They dropped right in to the front doors with no mods required (other than the wiring harnesses), and sound fantastic.

Users who are viewing this thread