5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flowmaster...Borla...Magnaflow???

Pitcom

Reaction score
I've had MagnaFlow Cat-Backs on my last two vehicles. Both vehicles had fitment issues where the tips did not align properly. Especially on my Silverado the driver side tip hung down about 1 inch lower than the passenger side tip and several people I know had the same issues with MagnaFlow over the years. I think for this truck I'm going to go with the borla S-Type or the ATAK. Don't get me wrong though MagnaFlow sounds great.

Kntoys

Reaction score
I've had MagnaFlow Cat-Backs on my last two vehicles. Both vehicles had fitment issues where the tips did not align properly. Especially on my Silverado the driver side tip hung down about 1 inch lower than the passenger side tip and several people I know had the same issues with MagnaFlow over the years. I think for this truck I'm going to go with the borla S-Type or the ATAK. Don't get me wrong though MagnaFlow sounds great.
After I installed the magnaflow 19430, I ran around to exhaust shops and they wouldnt help, so i readjusted while it was hot and it lined tight up

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I was told to stay away from the Pypes as it sounds like a Honda Civic Cherry Bomb muffler and not well suited for our truck.

Ram1984

Reaction score
Not dissing the car itself,,,just the sound they make when a 16 yr old tries to pimp them out

myram2019

Reaction score
Any feedback on drone noise. Which exhaust has the least ?

machz

Reaction score
I have installed several Borla kits on my mustangs and they are top notch but expensive. On my rebel, I liked the tailpipes so I decided to go with flowmasterFX. The install was a piece of cake, it took about 45 min to install with a Sawzall and a socket set. There is zero drone in the cab and to be honest, it's only slightly louder at cruise speed but it really wakes up when you step on it.

Rebel Yell

Reaction score
I have installed several Borla kits on my mustangs and they are top notch but expensive. On my rebel, I liked the tailpipes so I decided to go with flowmasterFX. The install was a piece of cake, it took about 45 min to install with a Sawzall and a socket set. There is zero drone in the cab and to be honest, it's only slightly louder at cruise speed but it really wakes up when you step on it.
I am looking at the flowmaster FX as well. I used to have the 40 series on my old truck and it sounded great. The FX is not a chambered system like other flowmasters which has me a little concerned on the sound. How does you FX sound on a cold start. Does it have a nice rumble?

myram2019

Reaction score
what was the model or sku number of your exhaust ?

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am looking at the flowmaster FX as well. I used to have the 40 series on my old truck and it sounded great. The FX is not a chambered system like other flowmasters which has me a little concerned on the sound. How does you FX sound on a cold start. Does it have a nice rumble?
I hate my Flowmaster..Thats why Im trying the magnaflow. I wanted toe Borla but it's just too much dam $$$

Hottexhaust has a 20% off coupon now.

Rambro23

Reaction score
I hate my Flowmaster..Thats why Im trying the magnaflow. I wanted toe Borla but it's just too much dam $$$

Hottexhaust has a 20% off coupon now.

Magnaflow is the way to go, have had on my last two Rams and its a perfect match!

Pitcom

Reaction score
You can get borla for 980 shipped right now. Magnaflow is what 720 or so for the cat back?

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Magnaflow is the way to go, have had on my last two Rams and its a perfect match!
No problem lining up the tips like another member had mentioned? There's also the issue with the deployable bed step too.

machz

Reaction score

Yeah, I think it sounds great on startup. I think of the FX like Borla's "S" series, subtle but good tone. You can easily tell it from stock on startup.

Rambro23

Reaction score
No problem lining up the tips like another member had mentioned? There's also the issue with the deployable bed step too.
I had mine installed at my local exhaust shop as we had non-stop rain and I couldn't wait. Glad i did too because there was indeed an alignment issue with driver's side tip. Install was only $125 and they tach welded at my request. That's a great install price if you ask me.

Users who are viewing this thread