5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flowmaster...Borla...Magnaflow???

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had mine installed at my local exhaust shop as we had non-stop rain and I couldn't wait. Glad i did too because there was indeed an alignment issue with driver's side tip. Install was only $125 and they tach welded at my request. That's a great install price if you ask me.
tac weld wont rust through?

Rebel Yell

Reaction score
I hate my Flowmaster..Thats why Im trying the magnaflow. I wanted toe Borla but it's just too much dam $$$

Hottexhaust has a 20% off coupon now.
[/QUOTE
Curious as to why you hate the Flowmaster, can you elaborate? Which Flowmaster do you have?
I personally like the sound of Flowmaster 40 series, but since it is chambered it probably doesn't have the performance benefits of the Magnaflow straight through design.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I specifically went with the MF since it is a straight through design versus chambered. Plus, all the exhaust shops I spoke with locally and those on-line said that MF was a better overall product than the FM so I opted to get the B2 MF kit and it sounds AMAZING!

myram2019

Reaction score
I specifically went with the MF since it is a straight through design versus chambered. Plus, all the exhaust shops I spoke with locally and those on-line said that MF was a better overall product than the FM so I opted to get the B2 MF kit and it sounds AMAZING!
Do you have a sound clip ?

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I do not have a sound clip but I could try to make one. I have found that the sound clips I have heard via this site just don't do the live sound justice. It has a deep, throaty sound and lets you hear the HEMI well. To remove the resonators would be a big mistake with this set-up. With the MF, based on its internal design, it will get even throatier and deeper as it ages with a few thousand miles. Every time I hear it it just makes me smile and my neighbor just loves to hear it when I start her up...said it makes him want to put one on his Mercedes;)

myram2019

Reaction score
I do not have a sound clip but I could try to make one. I have found that the sound clips I have heard via this site just don't do the live sound justice. It has a deep, throaty sound and lets you hear the HEMI well. To remove the resonators would be a big mistake with this set-up. With the MF, based on its internal design, it will get even throatier and deeper as it ages with a few thousand miles. Every time I hear it it just makes me smile and my neighbor just loves to hear it when I start her up...said it makes him want to put one on his Mercedes;)
Any issues with drone? MDS On/Off

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I notice no drone at all...just a nice deep throaty sound. Your ears may be better than mine but drone would bother me deeply and give me a headache and I have had no such reaction when driving. If you remove your resonators...you WILL get drone.

Craigg69

Reaction score
Question,I have always had flowmasters 40 on my other ram and my challenger scat pack but thinking of trying a magaflow. What size muffler did you go with? Did you just replace the Muffler and left the resonators? Or is that a kit you installed?

myram2019

Reaction score
I notice no drone at all...just a nice deep throaty sound. Your ears may be better than mine but drone would bother me deeply and give me a headache and I have had no such reaction when driving. If you remove your resonators...you WILL get drone.
I want it then. What is the sku or model #

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Question,I have always had flowmasters 40 on my other ram and my challenger scat pack but thinking of trying a magaflow. What size muffler did you go with? Did you just replace the Muffler and left the resonators? Or is that a kit you installed?

myram2019

Reaction score

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I did my research too and spoke with folks that have it installed and they are all very happy with the outcome and also stated they experienced no drone. Keep us posted once you get it installed.

myram2019

Reaction score
The three choices are:
1 Magnaflow - Moderate
2 Pypes - Agressive
3 Delete - Most Agressive

I choose Magnaflow

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Really awesome peeps. I’ve done the same. Remember, they are a dad and son family combo! Good money going back to the family people working hard makes my own hard earned money spent even better

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online