5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flowmaster...Borla...Magnaflow???

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
For just $10 more you can get the B2 setup which I'd feel far more comfortable with and it's a Magnaflow!

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
^^^^ that’s same for myself. Just trying to spread the options & information. They make some strong claims of zero drone and quite while on highway. That means a lot.
I did email them to get more info from them. As it doesn’t say or I missed material it’s made of, which looks to be aluminized and doesn’t look to be 3” diameter. Before we, I bash with assumptions, I’ll post info when they return email

DonsRam19

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I believe you’ve said in other threads for this one. If I’m not mistaken it’s a weld on. Is it the chambered or straight through design? As they make both in 14” size. Thanks man
Straight through design. Yeah it's weld on was gonna go with the b2 magnaflow but you still have to cut so I just said screw it.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sounds super sexy to me. Just a little much for a daily. Thanks for sharing (y)

DonsRam19

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks sir, I thought so. Just wanted to clarify for self and community
I gotcha I will say it has gotten a little louder now that I got about 2k miles on it. But not bad at all. Still no drone in cab but outside it's gotten louder.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@securityguy , goatmann has it and believe a few others. Also don does, same MF muffler just was weld on instead of the bolt on kit. If you look back on this thread or another they both make comments on it.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Thanks @Nails ...I actually spoke on the phone with @Goatmann this evening and want to publicly thank him for his time and willingness to chat. I have decided to order the B2 with the Magnaflow and I also ordered the AEM drop in dry filter off Amazon. The exhaust piping on the RAM is all T409 and I have no issues with the look of the exhaust tips so going with a replacement muffler seems to be the most logical choice at this point as I see no real benefit to go with a Borla or MF cat-back kit but I can always change my mind later if I feel I want or need more from my exhaust;)

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks @Nails ...I actually spoke on the phone with @Goatmann this evening and want to publicly thank him for his time and willingness to chat. I have decided to order the B2 with the Magnaflow and I also ordered the AEM drop in dry filter off Amazon. The exhaust piping on the RAM is all T409 and I have no issues with the look of the exhaust tips so going with a replacement muffler seems to be the most logical choice at this point as I see no real benefit to go with a Borla or MF cat-back kit but I can always change my mind later if I feel I want or need more from my exhaust;)
Awesome brother !!! I’m right behind ya on the mods. Little more time for me but please send some pics and vids are way

RichT

Reaction score
Does anyone happen to know the weight difference between the stock and Flow Fx mufflers?

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
@RichT ...my exhaust is coming off Saturday and I will happily weigh it for you. I am replacing it with the Magnaflow B2 kit and will weigh that as well. The stock muffler is very big and clunky so I am anticipating a huge reduction in weight but, in the scheme of things, it will most likely be irrelevant in terms of performance to weight ratio. The benefit will come from the free flowing exhaust and the low frequency rumble from the HEMI:D

RichT

Reaction score
That would be great, thanks. Looks like that will require about the same size cutout and then I can get the Flow Fx weight from some shipping info I'm sure unless someone else happens to have it handy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online