5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flowmaster...Borla...Magnaflow???

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I installed b2 fab MF this last Saturday morning. Wanted to give a few days to settle in with me. Was in a hurry so all my ocd went to the window. Had other things I had to do and it’s hard having a goodie just sitting there.
As I will be taking it back off and doing the complete job of deburring the cut edge on outlet side and make good tailpipe alignment, good seals front and rear. Blah blah. I’m going to give a few more days before I give a full thoughts on paper here.
Here’s some quick things- great quality from Matt & b2 peeps. -nice rumble but quite at idle.-truck sounds great down the road in cab. - definitely tell oem muffler was restricted, Ofcourse forget the noise. Feel the exhaust pulses at tails before and after. - if your looking for efficiency but quite. I’d recommend doing a 24” MF straight through muffler design. See if b2 can help with that.
I’ll be back with more. Working on possible installer issue and deferent weep hole ideas

RAMayor

Reaction score
Can’t upload my movies to this thread, took some vids before and after my install today (did it by myself in my driveway, never done anything like it before) of the B2 MF muffler. IT IS AWESOME! Just the right amount of rumble, and not overly obnoxious. Neighbor was outside when i started it up and it made him turn his head.
Here is a link to my insta
http://instagr.am/p/BvzUS0ol7qV/ Here is a link to my fb

Let me know what you think, video kinda sucks, and tips are off but got them back from powder coat today and just put them on. I will do a cold start video tomorrow morning and post.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I would say that the MF exhaust is a bit high...should be able to negotiate that down to around $700 and my shops here do the install for a flat $100 so over $200 is very high IMPO. It doesn't take longer than 30-45 minutes to remove and install the new exhaust and they are charging you for 2 hours...CRAZY!

You need to shop around my friend.

SColang22

Reaction score
I'd save yourself the money and install the exhaust yourself. It took 45 min and was about 6 bolts. You can do it with common and tools and a jack. Only thing i would buy is the hangar removal tool. You don't need it but it saves a lot of time.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I'd save yourself the money and install the exhaust yourself. It took 45 min and was about 6 bolts. You can do it with common and tools and a jack. Only thing i would buy is the hangar removal tool. You don't need it but it saves a lot of time.

Great info from @SColang22 ...but no need to buy a hanger removal tool...just use a large plumbers wrench if you already have one. Tons of YouTube videos showing how well it works to remove an exhaust from a hanger.

Reactions: Vic

SColang22

Reaction score
Great info from @SColang22 ...but no need to buy a hanger removal tool...just use a large plumbers wrench if you already have one. Tons of YouTube videos showing how well it works to remove an exhaust from a hanger.
I tried the plummers wrench and still thought the hangar tool was way easier but like i said you don't really need it

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It would take less then two hours for them to build you an exhaust lol. Now if they are polishing the underside while also installing then that’s worth it. Definitely find another place to do that install ..

Whiskey_tango

Reaction score
Can’t upload my movies to this thread, took some vids before and after my install today (did it by myself in my driveway, never done anything like it before) of the B2 MF muffler. IT IS AWESOME! Just the right amount of rumble, and not overly obnoxious. Neighbor was outside when i started it up and it made him turn his head.
Here is a link to my insta
http://instagr.am/p/BvzUS0ol7qV/ Here is a link to my fb

Let me know what you think, video kinda sucks, and tips are off but got them back from powder coat today and just put them on. I will do a cold start video tomorrow morning and post.
View attachment 21122

I thought the B2 MF was 14". Do they also supply a 18" version?

Lize

Reaction score
I've asked the dealer to fit the Borla ATAK, most likely it'll be fitted before I pick it up so I'll never know if its too loud compared to stock :D
His comment was it will be "very loud indeed", when I told my friend about this he said "sounds just the job".

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I've asked the dealer to fit the Borla ATAK, most likely it'll be fitted before I pick it up so I'll never know if its too loud compared to stock :D
His comment was it will be "very loud indeed", when I told my friend about this he said "sounds just the job".

May GOD bless your neighbors :oops: We may be able to hear you start up your truck state-side :LOL:

Rambro23

Reaction score
Get ready, it's obnoxious!!!

Users who are viewing this thread