5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Floor Mat Recall

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I thought that too, so I called today and cancelled my appointment. I'll just roll the dice and wait until my next oil change. I sure hope my truck doesn't run full speed out of control into a brick wall between now and then! ;-)
if it does you can blame FCA for dragging *** on the recall.

Barqs

Reaction score
Honestly this should be a breezeway swap. Drive in, let the tech come out and verify the part number matches the recall, then give you the new mat to install and be on your way. Five minutes, tops. Then they can go back and charge FCA 0.5 hours of shop time to catch up with the paperwork!

bigdaddymac

Reaction score
Called today and confirmed the mat was in stock which it was. Set a time to come in where it was pitched as an easy swap. Show up and then get told they have to take it into the bay and complete the swap which will take no less than 30 min for them to get paid. I’ll pass on this new mat unless it’s in stock for the next oil change.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Called today and confirmed the mat was in stock which it was. Set a time to come in where it was pitched as an easy swap. Show up and then get told they have to take it into the bay and complete the swap which will take no less than 30 min for them to get paid. I’ll pass on this new mat unless it’s in stock for the next oil change.
What a ridiculous waste of time. They should just walk out to the parking lot with it swap it out and do whatever paperwork they need to do after you leave. Shouldn’t take more than 5 mins of your time.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My recall letter just said to show up with the old mat and bring my recall letter. However, for liability, they need to be the ones who make the switch and confirm installation in case you take it home, screw something up (like how?) and then sue them or FCA.

I'm sure they rather you take the mat and go home than taking up a bay and a tech's time for a quick switch.

Reaction score
If you purchased the Mats afterwords, do you still get the update design? I purchased mine the day after I bought my truck.

The recall should include all mats regardless of VIN number when ourchaes with truck or not. Safety is safety and part numbers should really be the only thing that matters.

moparleo51

Reaction score
If you purchased the Mats afterwords, do you still get the update design? I purchased mine the day after I bought my truck.

The recall should include all mats regardless of VIN number when ourchaes with truck or not. Safety is safety and part numbers should really be the only thing that matters.
i purchased a set later and when i first heard about the recall i took it to my dealer and they did say that it was only vin specific, but i then said thats not fair or safe, and the parts guy came out and we checked my drivers side mat on the back and compared the numbers and it was one affected, so he did the swap when the stock came in. so just talk to you dealer they should do this for you,especially if you got them from there parts dept.

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The recall letter said to bring the original mat in to the dealer for an exchange. That is what I did. I just brought in the mat. The new mat was like the original mat but with shorter ribs under the pedal area. The color was identical (in my case, brown) and the thickness was the same. There was a yellow tag attached with a plastic tie through one of the attachment holes. The tag stated: NOTICE: ONLY CUSTOMER SHOULD REMOVE THIS TAG and warned: Always make sure that floor mats are properly attached to floor mat fasteners and Never install floor mats that cannot be properly secured to floor mat fasteners.

I guess that means that the service technician can't install the new mat since only the customer can remove the tag and the mat can't be installed with the plastic tie in the way. Apparently, they can only hand you the mat. Who thinks up these things? Must have been the same person who devised modifying the ribs by cutting them off. :unsure:

moparleo51

Reaction score
The recall letter said to bring the original mat in to the dealer for an exchange. That is what I did. I just brought in the mat. The new mat was like the original mat but with shorter ribs under the pedal area. The color was identical (in my case, brown) and the thickness was the same. There was a yellow tag attached with a plastic tie through one of the attachment holes. The tag stated: NOTICE: ONLY CUSTOMER SHOULD REMOVE THIS TAG and warned: Always make sure that floor mats are properly attached to floor mat fasteners and Never install floor mats that cannot be properly secured to floor mat fasteners.

I guess that means that the service technician can't install the new mat since only the customer can remove the tag and the mat can't be installed with the plastic tie in the way. Apparently, they can only hand you the mat. Who thinks up these things? Must have been the same person who devised modifying the ribs by cutting them off. :unsure:
oh no, my parts guy cut my yellow tag off, hope he doesnt get into trouble.

RamCares

Reaction score

If you purchased through a dealer or the Mopar store, you would be included under the equipment recall. Feel free to send us a private message with your VIN and I can look into this for you.

Kaitlin
Ram Cares

Hemogoblin

Reaction score
Any Canadians here? I only got a letter saying they need to grind the mat, which they did and ground right through the damn thing.

Does this mean I need to wait for another letter, saying a replacement mat is available?

Thanks

2019REBEL

Reaction score
Any Canadians here? I only got a letter saying they need to grind the mat, which they did and ground right through the damn thing.

Does this mean I need to wait for another letter, saying a replacement mat is available?

Thanks

I got 2 letters, one saying recall and second saying we have the mats and bring it in.

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
FCA is starting to get mad at me; they sent me a second, more urgent letter. Thing is I want to see this mat side by side with my original mat before I let anyone swap it out. I have an appointment for an oil change and I am going to leave my mats at home and maybe see what the new one looks like. If it doesn't match my other ones or not cover the carpet as good, nope.

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
FCA is starting to get mad at me; they sent me a second, more urgent letter. Thing is I want to see this mat side by side with my original mat before I let anyone swap it out. I have an appointment for an oil change and I am going to leave my mats at home and maybe see what the new one looks like. If it doesn't match my other ones or not cover the carpet as good, nope.

I was able to compare my original mat with the replacement recall mat. They were identical in color (my mat is brown), thickness, shape, etc. The only difference was the lack of ribs under the pedal area. It looks to me like the manufacturer simply modified their mold with the removal of the length of the ribs. Only the driver side mat is being replaced.

What I would do is take your mat with you when you go for your oil change. Perhaps stow it in the second row seats. Have them show you the replacement mat beforehand. That's what I did. Then you can judge for yourself.

Hemogoblin

Reaction score
I got 2 letters, one saying recall and second saying we have the mats and bring it in.
Thanks mate, I'll keep an eye out for that second letter. I didn't even realize until looking into this thread that they actually ground right through the mat. Unbelievable......nothing like buying liners only to now have salt creeping into the carpet

2019REBEL

Reaction score
Thanks mate, I'll keep an eye out for that second letter. I didn't even realize until looking into this thread that they actually ground right through the mat. Unbelievable......nothing like buying liners only to now have salt creeping into the carpet

I told them not to touch my mat until the new ones arrive, they just put a note in my file.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Got my second letter stating the mats are available yesterday. Called my dealership and they told me they need to order it. They said they are only allowed 3 mats per week, so it will be a couple weeks before I get the new one. Fine with me since I never let them cut my original mat. Glad I called first though. It saved me from having to make a 30 minute drive LOL.

Reaction score
Figures I'm getting the run around from both my Dealer and FCA Canada.

Dealer says its not part of my trucks vin. FCA says the exact something. My parts number on my mats match the part numbers on the recall notice.

I said to both of them. How can my mats not have a recall when the parts match those of the Recall. The dealer wouldn't even verify my mat part numbers to verify because they still can't replace them without a recall notice. I said I understand but FCA says you can verify the numbers and get the ball rolling to see why I haven't gotten it. Like seriously 2 seconds to check the part numbers to make me a happy customer but they wouldn't even do that.

How can people have 2 or 3 notices and I've yet to get one. Regardless of purchase before delivery or after delivery of the vehicle. Not like that redesign the foot pedals amongst the years which affects the mats.

Complete BS

Just like my tire sensors, 4th time at dealer because the sensors are going off even with proper air pressure. They tell me bring it in with the light on so I do, they say still not a problem. Like seriously the f'kn like is actually on with proper air pressure.. HOW IS THAT NORMAL!!! I finally said I've been here 3 or 4 times for this problem and its wasting my time and the light is on so there is a problem. So not backing down they have finally are replacing the sensor.

Sorry for the rant, just sitting at dealer a little ticked off.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Did your mats come with the truck when you took delivery, or did you buy them separately? If you bought them separately, where did you purchase them from? From what I've read, they should be covered under the recall if they either came with the truck, or if you bought them from a CDJR dealer. Either online or in person. If you bought them from Amazon or ebay they won't be covered.

Users who are viewing this thread