5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Floor Mat Recall

Reaction score
Did your mats come with the truck when you took delivery, or did you buy them separately? If you bought them separately, where did you purchase them from? From what I've read, they should be covered under the recall if they either came with the truck, or if you bought them from a CDJR dealer. Either online or in person. If you bought them from Amazon or ebay they won't be covered.

Purchased mine the day after I took delivery of my truck, from the dealer I purchased the truck. So everything us right from FCA / MOPAR , not from third party sellers.

Reaction score
So I reached out to FCA Canada again, with the 6 parts numbers on my MAT that matched the recall notice. They are going to be reaching out to the dealer to verify all this information and then the next steps to have my mat replaced.

They asked me why wouldn’t the dealer verify the parts. I said well I told them I had called FCA and they told me the dealer can check the part numbers and verify them with the parts manager. Once verified then they can move to the next steps as to why I haven’t had a recall notice. I said, for some reason the dealer didn’t want to take 5 mins to pull my MATS out and verify the numbers because the service advisor said they couldn’t replace the MATS even if they were part of the recall. So they are going to look into the dealer now.

The funny thing is, I told the service advisor that I realize they can’t replace my MAT without a recall notice on my VIN I wasn’t disputing that. I told her, I just simply need you to get the ball rolling to see why mine haven’t been registered for the recall. Simple request and they made such a big deal out of it.

Normally I wouldn’t have a big problem with a situation like this as I haven’t had any issues with the MAT in the 1.5yr that I have owned them. I’m making issues with this because the dealer seems to not know what they are doing sometimes. I am mechanically inclined, have a pretty good code reader for home use and just common sense. They tick me off because I come in and let them know in detail what the problem is, not to be a know it all but to narrow it down for them. Case in point my tire monitors, I go in 3 times each time they say no problem. Excuse me, no problem you say, then why is my tire pressure fine and my light coming on. I don’t care that your computer says there isn’t a problem, clearly there is a problem your looking it my tire pressure is fine but the light sensor light is showing an error like what more proof do you need. Sorry for the rant, just getting frustrated with the lack of customer service respect, common sense and knowledge from this dealer.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
From FCA:
When asked to clarify what interference meant, an FCA spokesperson told C/D, "The floor mat has ribs. The pedals are adjustable. When the pedal is set at certain positions, there may be interference with some mats."

Based on that explanation and looking at my mats I'm not sure how this can happen or what they would cut out to prevent it.

View attachment 67427
I tried my darndest to get mine to interfere and was never able to .. I have the adjustable pedals and went full range up and down and forced the pedal to the floor. I never got it to interfere -- UNTIL I saw a vehicle which placed these on top of the carpeted floor mats -- which the warning label clearly states not to put this on top .. I got my new mat today as well which looks like the above. Strange I hadn't had time to jump on here to see if others were having issues and I see they were saying on top of the accelerator pedal ... ... ...

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@19BlueStreakSport I'm curious as to your passion for the replacement of your floor mats... do you fear you are in danger? Are you one that needs the free pen at the end of a car rental? Do you demand that chocolate on your pillow every day at the hotel?

My point is that it's not worth the effort. Nothing is wrong with your mat. Someone that should probably not be driving in the first place and should be riding the short bus didn't reinstall their mat correctly after cleaning and had an accident as a result. And rightfully so. This could happen to any driver... FCA has decided to waste money for good PR, I guess.

I told my dealer I opt out, they've called twice and I laughed and said if they called again I would change dealers for service. This is a boondoggle of epic proportions and I, out of practical principles refuse to participate.

I hold nothing against those that comply with the recall, obviously. But I don't understand the slightly paranoid obsession with immediate replacement.
Just check for clearance to the gas pedal every time you drive if it's that concerning.

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@19BlueStreakSport I'm curious as to your passion for the replacement of your floor mats... do you fear you are in danger? Are you one that needs the free pen at the end of a car rental? Do you demand that chocolate on your pillow every day at the hotel?

My point is that it's not worth the effort. Nothing is wrong with your mat. Someone that should probably not be driving in the first place and should be riding the short bus didn't reinstall their mat correctly after cleaning and had an accident as a result. And rightfully so. This could happen to any driver... FCA has decided to waste money for good PR, I guess.

I told my dealer I opt out, they've called twice and I laughed and said if they called again I would change dealers for service. This is a boondoggle of epic proportions and I, out of practical principles refuse to participate.

I hold nothing against those that comply with the recall, obviously. But I don't understand the slightly paranoid obsession with immediate replacement.
Just check for clearance to the gas pedal every time you drive if it's that concerning.
I do demand at least a chocolate on my pillow and I only stay at Hiltons. To each their own.

Reaction score

No, I'm not concerned and I believe I mentioned it in one of my post or maybe not. I've had my mats for 1.5years since truck was brand new. I've never had a problem with clearance.

My issue really isn't about getting the MAT replaced, even though a initiated the process when I was at the dealer with another problem. I seen the recall and decided to see about getting a replacement.

Am I concerned about my safety and a potential immediate threat, NO, but if there is a fix for a potential safety issue then why wouldn't I replace it. I do want to kindly point out, your comparisons you used don't really add up to the same thing as the mat. The MAT does have a potential of being a safety problem, albeit small the potential is still there. Your comparisons have nothing to do with safety whatsoever, only the need for free items or pure greed. Again not picking a fight just pointing it out.

Also, my post may come across as being pissed, annoyed and/or persistent with a new mat. It's a number is issues I have with the dealers lack or concern or common sense to deal with situations properly. My post are less about the mat, and more directed to the lack of professionalism within the dealership. No matter how you or I may feel about how small the potential is for safety hazards are with the mats it's beside the point, the recall is considered a safety recall and the dealer should take it seriously.

What IF my pedal did get stuck and caused a serious accident, and the dealer decided to fluff off my concern after bringing it to there attention. What do you suppose would be the ramifications to the dealer when it's found out they ignored my request to replace a safety recall no matter the level of concern?

Also, I got a free pen from the dealer after signing my paperwork. Thanks covid-19 for the free pen oh and the dealer as well.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Indeed @bill-e , I live by each to their own. I still get curious about things from time to time and his comments peaked that curious bone in me. He seemed almost panicked at the thought he might not get that completely useless and frivolous replacement mat that is barely different than the one he's replacing it with.

I'm also curious about the stories I'm reading about some Ram owners putting the all weather mats on top of their fancy fabric mats... and that curiosity was then doubled at the thought of @19BlueStreakSport doubling up his mats.

It's all very fascinating and also a slow news day.

Reaction score
Indeed @bill-e , I live by each to their own. I still get curious about things from time to time and his comments peaked that curious bone in me. He seemed almost panicked at the thought he might not get that completely useless and frivolous replacement mat that is barely different than the one he's replacing it with.

I'm also curious about the stories I'm reading about some Ram owners putting the all weather mats on top of their fancy fabric mats... and that curiosity was then doubled at the thought of @19BlueStreakSport doubling up his mats.

It's all very fascinating and also a slow news day.
We are all curious about things, and that's fine for your mind to wonder. My ask questions out of pure curiosity as well.

I'm not panicked in and way, trust me this is the least of my concerns on my truck. I've dealt with much more serious concerns in my job. I also have put myself in much more serious threatening circumstances.

Also, if you've read my post on this thread and others. I'd hope you realize I'm not an idiot and I have at the very least common sense lol. My factory mats are stored away in my house and have been since I got these rubber mats. I would hope no one lacks the common sense to double up the mats. Also, how do you even double them up? Wouldn't the defeat the purpose of the locking system that is designed into the mats?

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@19BlueStreakSport , my intent is not to engage in a way that upsets you, mocks you or otherwise creates ill feelings.

I went the long way to the grocery store on that post and I will make my thoughts more clear, hopefully without insulting you.

The dealer may be showing a lack of care or enthusiasm based on the fact that they know the recall is bogus. The new mat could just as easily create havoc in the hands of the lowest common denominator. You don't seem to be in the below average community, just slightly overly concerned or bored or both. And that probably has them perplexed as to your concern. Either way, be careful, check your mat every day and get vaccinated when you can. Be safe, be well.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
We are all curious about things, and that's fine for your mind to wonder. My ask questions out of pure curiosity as well.

I'm not panicked in and way, trust me this is the least of my concerns on my truck. I've dealt with much more serious concerns in my job. I also have put myself in much more serious threatening circumstances.

Also, if you've read my post on this thread and others. I'd hope you realize I'm not an idiot and I have at the very least common sense lol. My factory mats are stored away in my house and have been since I got these rubber mats. I would hope no one lacks the common sense to double up the mats. Also, how do you even double them up? Wouldn't the defeat the purpose of the locking system that is designed into the mats?
I think we have now established that A - you are not a simpleton. B - You're one that crosses T's and dots your I's. C - It's a slow news day. D - Anyone that doubles up on a floor mat deserves to perish in a fireball off a cliff to save humanity from their intellectual struggles.

This has been fun.

Reaction score
@19BlueStreakSport , my intent is not to engage in a way that upsets you, mocks you or otherwise creates ill feelings.

I went the long way to the grocery store on that post and I will make my thoughts more clear, hopefully without insulting you.

The dealer may be showing a lack of care or enthusiasm based on the fact that they know the recall is bogus. The new mat could just as easily create havoc in the hands of the lowest common denominator. You don't seem to be in the below average community, just slightly overly concerned or bored or both. And that probably has them perplexed as to your concern. Either way, be careful, check your mat every day and get vaccinated when you can. Be safe, be well.

Definitely not upset with you or your post. I didn't feel you were mocking me and besides it's the internet so even if you were I wouldn't care to much. So no hard feelings. Just the comparisons didn't really make sense that they are both two totally different situations but I geot your point.

I'm not concerned or bored to be honest, ok maybe a little bored but definitely not concerned. I think the dealer just hit a nerve with me today and it made this recall situation someone I was gonna not let go with the dealer. They don't always seem to be the smartest when it comes to repairs, I got annoyed today with how they handled my issue with regards to the tire monitor.

The dealer doesn't know who I really am and if I was legitimately concerned about my mat. There are people out there who have big fears, so if a company puts out a safety recall someone who has strong fears would want the situation rectified. The fact that the dealer can't take a 5 min look into something that may be of serious concern to a customer is a little concerning.

I've spent lots of money at the dealer between my truck purchase and aftermarket parts. I've also been inconvenienced many times for problems I clearly spelt out for them and that force me to go multiple times to the dealer to have these problems rectified. So the least they could do is take 5 mins to look at some numbers.

So my beer isn't about the stupid mat, it's about the dealers dealing of situations.

Reaction score
I think we have now established that A - you are not a simpleton. B - You're one that crosses T's and dots your I's. C - It's a slow news day. D - Anyone that doubles up on a floor mat deserves to perish in a fireball off a cliff to save humanity from their intellectual struggles.

This has been fun.
It has and you're spot on with all your points. From A to D.

Kidder

Reaction score
Pardon my dirty truck but I don't understand the issue. I bought these in 2018.
c4ff9e6d337bd1385184b184f24e3c3f.jpg

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Getting my replacement mat today. So excited!!!! Now I will be sooooooooo safe. I feel all warm and fuzzy inside. What a great day. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Like most on here My recall notice said they were in stock call dealer. I called dealer, they said they had to order back in early November and would call me! Not herd from them since...lol. My mats were ordered with the truck when I ordered the truck. The favorite thing for my dealer to yell is one of two: 1.Its Normal! 2. National backorder! lmao!

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Took my truck in today and they said they had to order the mat and will call me when it comes in.

xspeedy

Reaction score
Not that I am concerned, but if you purchased your mats separately from the vehicle via a third party, how would you obtain a replacement?

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I checked my mats, I can't see in any way shape or form could they ever interfere with any pedals. However, got the letter and tried to get my dealer to schedule the replacement, the parts guy says they are in stock, the service person said we'll call you back. No one has called me back, they suck, FCA dealer network has a lot to be desired when it comes to service work or freaking basic communication. Maybe FCA's nearly bottom dealership satisfaction scores for the last few years will get them to improve it somehow.

I love my truck, but the biggest thing preventing me from getting another RAM in the future isn't the F150 or Silverado, it's the RAM dealer network.

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I called my dealer parts department ahead of time. They had to order the mat since they only had black mats in stock and my Ram interior is brown. Once I knew the brown mat was there, I simply took my original mat and my recall letter in to the service department. I didn't have an appointment. The service writer had me sign some paperwork; he got the replacement mat from parts; we traded mats and away I went. Simple solution! (y)

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Not that I am concerned, but if you purchased your mats separately from the vehicle via a third party, how would you obtain a replacement?
If you bought them from a 3rd party, such as Amazon or ebay, you will not qualify for a replacement under the recall. If you bought them from a Mopar authorized dealer you should qualify.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/