5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Floor Mat Recall

ny2az

Reaction score
would appreciate if someone that had the mat cut, post a pic of the mat as well as a pic in the vehicle to show the actual mod...

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Guys, look through the earlier pages of this thread and you'll find these pics below...

Took mine in to have the door panel replaced on the drivers side rear door, the factory put the wrong trim on it. They said they took care of the floor mat recall while it was there. As far as I can tell they did absolutely nothing to the mat, it looks exactly the same as it did before and the service manager said he knew nothing about the mats being replaced. The paperwork just said it was inspected and showed .2 hours labor.
What's the build date of your truck? Some of the more recent 2020's have the new mats installed already. You can easily tell if you have one or not by comparing yours with these (posted by another member), or by the part numbers...

Floor mat recall 1.JPG
would appreciate if someone that had the mat cut, post a pic of the mat as well as a pic in the vehicle to show the actual mod...
Here's a pic another member posted a couple weeks ago...

Floor mat recall fix.JPG

ny2az

Reaction score
Guys, look through the earlier pages of this thread and you'll find these pics below...

What's the build date of your truck? Some of the more recent 2020's have the new mats installed already. You can easily tell if you have one or not by comparing yours with these (posted by another member), or by the part numbers...

View attachment 70227

Here's a pic another member posted a couple weeks ago...

View attachment 70228

appreciate the info ... thx
confirmed...l do have the mat to the left that needs updating...
but, based on the pic of the mod the dealership did... how does cutting the ribs on the affected mats stop the pedal issue... the ribs are no were near the pedal to cause any issues ... l must be missing something....

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Build date on mine is 1-20, here are pictures of the floor mat.
View attachment 70257 View attachment 70259
In looking at your mat, it looks like you have the updated version. Even though your part number ends in AB. It definitely looks like the one on the right though. No modification required. Lucky you.
appreciate the info ... thx
confirmed...l do have the mat to the left that needs updating...
but, based on the pic of the mod the dealership did... how does cutting the ribs on the affected mats stop the pedal issue... the ribs are no were near the pedal to cause any issues ... l must be missing something....
I found the same thing with my truck. I couldn't get my gas pedal anywhere even close to those ribs, no matter where I adjusted the pedals to. But apparently some people have had it happen. My daughter has a 2019 Rebel, and she said hers has done it a couple of times. But she has enough sense to just step on the brake when that happens, which overrides the throttle after a short delay. The funny thing is she hasn't gotten a recall notice yet. I got my recall notice for my 2020 a couple weeks ago. And I got another one last Friday. Weird.

ny2az

Reaction score
I found the same thing with my truck. I couldn't get my gas pedal anywhere even close to those ribs, no matter where I adjusted the pedals to. But apparently some people have had it happen. My daughter has a 2019 Rebel, and she said hers has done it a couple of times.

l can only see this happening if the mat is not snapped in place and allowed to slide up to where this occurs or placed on top of the carpeted mat where this will occur as well....my all weather mat is secure in place and has not moved at all in 6 months of ownership ...

Barqs

Reaction score
Just got a call from my local dealership that my replacement mat is in. When I took the truck in for an oil change a few weeks back I made sure to take my slush mat out so they didn't hack it up. What sucks is that this should be a quick in-and-out, but they are treating it like any service visit and told me that I'd have to leave the truck with them and get either a shuttle ride or a rental if available (since it's technically a recall). I'd much rather just grab the mat from the parts department and install it myself in a couple of minutes max. But I guess the dealership has got to eat! SMH

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just got a call from my local dealership that my replacement mat is in. When I took the truck in for an oil change a few weeks back I made sure to take my slush mat out so they didn't hack it up. What sucks is that this should be a quick in-and-out, but they are treating it like any service visit and told me that I'd have to leave the truck with them and get either a shuttle ride or a rental if available (since it's technically a recall). I'd much rather just grab the mat from the parts department and install it myself in a couple of minutes max. But I guess the dealership has got to eat! SMH
I don't think I'd stand for that.

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Dealer did the floor mat recall on mine today without me asking. The new floor mat is IDENTICAL in every way to the one that came with my truck from the factory in November 2019. I'm confused. Lol. But I guess now I have two driver side floor liners I can use.

moparleo51

Reaction score
got a call yesterday, my new mat is in . i went to the dealer and they ordered the wrong one,SMH, but its not as easy as swap out . they have to put it into the system and then code it and then send a copy of the recall over to the parts department ,then they have to there paper work and then back to service where they finish up all the needed info on the swap. so after all that the mat was the incorrect one as it was suppose to be the one with the red ram logo. i asked don't you replace the whole set? he said no just the driver side. he noted at first that some dealers did replace the complete set in the beginning because they didn't know what to do. oh and you must bring in your recalled mat.

79 300

Reaction score
I took mine in for the annual state inspection and an oil change on Friday. The service manager mentioned the floor mat recall and said they had new ones in stock. They switched it, and I was out of there in about an hour with everything done.

BilletLaramie57

Reaction score
That's ridiculous.

moparleo51

Reaction score
79 300, love your avatar, i had a 79 chrysler 300(cordoba ) back in the day ,it was my first purchase on my own as an adult.

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Question: for any of you who had the recall done, how does the new mat compare to the old mat in terms of how it feels when you are driving? I'm not sure where my foot falls on the floor mat so I don't know if those missing ribs will feel different to me or not.

79 300

Reaction score
79 300, love your avatar, i had a 79 chrysler 300(cordoba ) back in the day ,it was my first purchase on my own as an adult.
I have owned mine since 1992. Before that my dad owned it. It only has 40000 miles on it.

Barqs

Reaction score
That's ridiculous.
I thought that too, so I called today and cancelled my appointment. I'll just roll the dice and wait until my next oil change. I sure hope my truck doesn't run full speed out of control into a brick wall between now and then! ;-)

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I thought that too, so I called today and cancelled my appointment. I'll just roll the dice and wait until my next oil change. I sure hope my truck doesn't run full speed out of control into a brick wall between now and then! ;-)
It's simple, just avoid any roads with brick walls in them. :D

Users who are viewing this thread