5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Floor Mat Recall

Florida Truck

Reaction score
So sorry to hear this! Have you had any concerns since? Let us know if we can help with anything.

The recall repair is to take off some of the ribbing from the mat. Once the new redesigned mats are available, customers will be able to get those free of charge.

Kaitlin
Ram Cares
Redesigned mats ARE available

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
A couple strips of duct tape on the back side of the mat would complete this hack job

GoMango16

Reaction score
Looks like the ribs caught the bottom edge of the pedal and wedged it down.

jaychris

Reaction score
They called me for an inspection, but I'll be passing on the "modification". I'll wait for the revised floor mats. I didn't get all-weather mats to let someone cut random holes in it.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine was built 08-01-2020 and think it has the modified new mats, the ridges are nowhere near the gas pedal.

Mine has the ridges all the way to the gas pedal, I don't think their would ever be a problem. Oh well I guess I guess I'll look forward to getting a new clean mat to replace my dirty one.

Nukegm426

Reaction score
Ranks right up there with the crappy booger welds on the adjuster for the drag link on the 2500’s

SD Rebel

Reaction score
I am curious about the Rebel's all-weather mats vs the standard ones?

The reason is that when I checked mine out, no matter the pedal settings, there is zero way they could hinder the throttle pedal. They aren't anywhere close enough to make contact.

Florida Truck

Reaction score
No, they aren't. If your mat is under the recall, the redesigned mat is not yet available.

Kaitlin
Ram Cares
Part # 82215321AD , my dealership was kind enough to give me the updated redesigned set.

RamCares

Reaction score
Part # 82215321AD , my dealership was kind enough to give me the updated redesigned set.
They aren't available until later this year so they might still be under recall.
The supplier hasn't started shipping yet.

Kaitlin
Ram Cares

Florida Truck

Reaction score
They aren't available until later this year so they might still be under recall.

Kaitlin
Ram Cares
Recall states AA,AB,AC are defected all other are correct, read w63 recall, I was issued the redesigned mats pictured on the right in the recall notice. 2D6C16A2-FA0E-4B3A-A22B-902CD1546E04.png

Nukegm426

Reaction score
If they’re not shipping replacements then why aren’t all these floor mats being recalled? If there are good ones then that should be what’s made avail for the recall.

RamCares

Reaction score
Recall states AA,AB,AC are defected all other are correct, read w63 recall, I was issued the redesigned mats pictured on the right in the recall notice. View attachment 68550

I am just telling you what we have been told from the safety team at FCA. There was an update sent earlier today that there are no parts in the network yet.
Did they give them to you out of another truck?

Kaitlin
Ram Cares

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Kaitlin
Ram Cares
Katlin, I purchased the redesigned AD mats off Amazon two weeks ago. The Mopar barcode had a 6/20 date on it so they've been around for a while. Perhaps what they are saying is that the "extra" mat production run to satisfy the recall aren't available yet.

View attachment 67705

Florida Truck

Reaction score
Recall states AA,AB,AC are defected all other are correct, read w63 recall, I was issued the redesigned mats pictured on the right in the recall notice. View attachment 68550
I am just telling you what we have been told from the safety team at FCA. There was an update sent earlier today that there are no parts in the network yet.
Did they give them to you out of another truck?

Kaitlin
Ram Cares
No, new set from parts department. Thanks for your feedback, I’m very satisfied. The part number they are waiting on is for a single replacement drivers mat. My dealer was gracious enough to give me a complete set. Thanks

Amazing93

Reaction score
So I just read the recall notice. It does not say floor mat will be replaced. It just says they will remove some material from the floor mat. This is concerning. Whats the point in having a floor mat with a bunch of holes. No thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200915-232857_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20200915-232857_Drive.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 35

Users who are viewing this thread