5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Floor Mat Recall

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looking at you picture I am wondering if the pedal was adjusted closer to the driver and pushed to the floor if it could catch the edge of the pedal on those raised ribs and the pedal would not return to neutral when you took your foot off?
There is no way a properly installed mat will interfere. Maybe if the right front of the mat was folded under the pedal but that shouldn't happen naturally.

Pedals adjusted all the way to the floor.

frontmats3.jpg frontmats2.jpg

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Now, could you get the heel of your shoe hung up on the ribs, probably yes but as to how that would affect the use of the pedal is unknown to me.

AZHUND

Reaction score
Now, could you get the heel of your shoe hung up on the ribs, probably yes but as to how that would affect the use of the pedal is unknown to me.
Yeah, that is why I want to see a picture of a "fixed" one. I couldn't find a way for my pedal to get caught on it. If it is just that the floormat could go over the pedals if you put in back in wrong after cleaning it... that is dumb and all of my vehicles from 3 different brands (and all prior vehicles I have ever owned) would then also need a recall.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
@RamCares what happens if we bought a set off another member and they were not stock our bought through MOPAR? We will be able to get it replaced or is that just bad luck?

If they were not bought through Mopar or came with the truck from the factory, there wouldn't be a way to include your VIN in the recall.

Kaitlin
Ram Cares

hoodac78

Reaction score
I have to say this is the most ridiculous recall I've ever seen. If a person doesn't know enough to take the time to ensure the mat goes UNDER the pedal, there are bigger issues afoot.....I'm very happy with the MOPAR mats and have no intention of cutting or adjusting them.

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, that is why I want to see a picture of a "fixed" one. I couldn't find a way for my pedal to get caught on it. If it is just that the floormat could go over the pedals if you put in back in wrong after cleaning it... that is dumb and all of my vehicles from 3 different brands (and all prior vehicles I have ever owned) would then also need a recall.
Unfortunately, there's no recall yet invented that addresses stupid. The closest we have is Darwin in action :LOL:

Florida Truck

Reaction score
There is no way a properly installed mat will interfere. Maybe if the right front of the mat was folded under the pedal but that shouldn't happen naturally.

Pedals adjusted all the way to the floor.

View attachment 67432 View attachment 67433
Hello, your pictures show the new style floor mat, the recall is for the older style mat with the ribs further up toward the top EE2E63DE-01AF-49EF-A447-E963BBA54ECD.png

duke2001

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I appreciate all the above information and Ram trying to do the right thing, however, I have the old style mats but cannot see how there would be any interference if the mat is properly installed. I cycled my pedals completely forward and backward and pushed the accelerator pedal completely in and out. Plenty of clearance. I don't think I will be cutting the ribs out of my mats, which will leave holes and defeat the purpose of the mat.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I was in the dealer yesterday for my power folding mirror are broken(waiting to here back on that) and she said mine had the recall but the tech wouldn't modify them without my permission. I told him "no" so they just left it and put a note in there computer about customer saying no.

Mopar_maxi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I bought my mats from amazon. They are the new style with the ribs further down. No issues here.

How about they recall this crap driveshaft or cracking rear window, real problems...

Florida Truck

Reaction score
Does anyone have pictures of how much the dealer will cut off? Afraid they will butcher the mat if I go in for any kind of service before the new design is released so would rather do this myself (based on the inability for dealers to put the right amount of oil in my JLU, don't trust them with sharp objects....).

Attachments

• IMG_3697.JPG
    IMG_3697.JPG
    199.7 KB · Views: 160

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
What good are the all-weather floor mats if they have holes in them in or near the area of the carpet where the most wear occurs? I've said it before and I'll say it again...I won't be complying with this recall until the redesigned floor mats are available.

Bassinb

Reaction score
Haha wow. They could at least tape some plastic barrier to the bottom of the mat or something...

Clayinfla

Reaction score
What a crappy fix! Is this something they do without asking, or can you refuse this? Or just leave the mat at home on service day?

hoodac78

Reaction score
Geezus Murphy.....that is p*&s poor as far as I'm concerned. They cut holes in your all weather floor mats and just leave them open for liquid, dust, dirt etc to go through? What is the point of even having them in there then? That is brutal. I stand by my statement......they are staying as is.

AZHUND

Reaction score
Wow thanks. I actually expected worst than that - like a scissor cutout of the whole corner. Thankfully I have the 'new and improved super safe mats' so I don't have to worry about this anymore (not to brag... but I need something to go right for once).

FastBlackRam

Reaction score
So my Limited factory mats are shaped correctly such that the "tongue" piece (longer) is actually on the LEFT side of the mat not the right side near the pedal. The mat does not interfere at all with the pedal. Especially if you hook it to the insert parts that are attached to the truck floor near the seat. If you hook it in correctly it is impossible for it to reach the pedal to interfere on my truck.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
So my Limited factory mats are shaped correctly such that the "tongue" piece (longer) is actually on the LEFT side of the mat not the right side near the pedal. The mat does not interfere at all with the pedal. Especially if you hook it to the insert parts that are attached to the truck floor near the seat. If you hook it in correctly it is impossible for it to reach the pedal to interfere on my truck.
Yeah, our Limited floor mat is the same way. But this recall is only for the all-weather floor mats so it doesn't affect you if you didn't get those mats.

Users who are viewing this thread