5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FitCamX dashcam

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes. Makes no sense that the factory system cant be looped into a memory drive and reviewed later, one extra step Ram, ONE
It would be nice - whatever shows up on the digital rearview mirror is automatically recorded. That'll drive sales of trailer cams. Or full-time recording of the surround cams. They just don't want to up sales of their options I guess.

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I installed the rear-facing camera--upside down. It used one of those double-sided 3M pads (with the red peel-off strips on each side) to attach. Before I try to pull it off (I have another pad) is there anything I should know about removing it? Any way to simplify the process?

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I installed the rear-facing camera--upside down. It used one of those double-sided 3M pads (with the red peel-off strips on each side) to attach. Before I try to pull it off (I have another pad) is there anything I should know about removing it? Any way to simplify the process?
Use a heat gun to help soften the adhesive. I removed a 3M adhesive pad from my windshield (with window tint applied) and it didn't do any damage. It actually came off pretty easily with a little heat and some patience.

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Also, is there anything within the settings to flip the camera view? I know many of the dash cams have that option within the app settings. I'm just not sure if it is doable with FitCam or not. Might save you the headache of removing and reapplying if able to adjust it within the app.

Last edited:

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Also, is there anything within the settings to flip the camera view? I know many of the dash cams have that option within the app settings. I'm just not sure if it is doable with FitCam or not. Might save you the headache of removing and reapplying if able to adjust it within the app.
Good thought and I will check. I didn't attach it to the glass but to one of the vertical glass trims adjacent to the opening window. It's a Cobra dashcam.

Davidbt

Reaction score
My Fitcamx is on the way. I just got the front cam after some great info from other members. I think it's somewhere over the Pacific Ocean, and I did sign up for email updates, so we'll see.

Tango51

Reaction score
I installed it on my truck and it works great. The only thing I don't like if you have an issue you have to send a text to China and wait for a response which they do but it takes a while.
I'm happy with mine and its an easy install.

TittoPollito

Reaction score
Good thought and I will check. I didn't attach it to the glass but to one of the vertical glass trims adjacent to the opening window. It's a Cobra dashcam.
You can also try to let the back window get warm from the sunlight and use some fishing line to "saw" through the adhesive pad. After that a little elbow grease and your favorite adhesive remover and Bobs your Auntie.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I would just try pulling it off. If it hasn't been in there very long, it may peel off fairly easily. Most of these kits provide extra pieces of the double sided tape you can use if it doesn't come off omin one piece.

Enrique2021

Reaction score
I have added the front 4k and rear camera on 2021 limited. Front just was quick. spent more time make sure I was routing the cables correctly. Put the rear camera on the sliding glass. I'm please with it.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have added the front 4k and rear camera on 2021 limited. Front just was quick. spent more time make sure I was routing the cables correctly. Put the rear camera on the sliding glass. I'm please with it.
If you put it on the sliding glass window, I hope you never open it

WFO2

Reaction score
Has anybody just installed the app. on a cheap tablet instead of their phone ?

Davidbt

Reaction score
I just installed my Fitcamx, and of course what should have maybe taken 30 minutes, took me over a hour because there's a little slit in the back that hooks together to keep it tight for the clips. I didn't see that it was undone and the camara housing wouldn't stay up tight. Once I figured that out, everything went back together just fine. Got the app set up and went for a short drive, and alls good.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
Has anybody just installed the app. on a cheap tablet instead of their phone ?
I don't see why you couldn't do that. The only reason I personally wouldn't do that is if something did happen and I needed to show a police officer the video I wouldn't have the tablet on hand because mine stays home. My smartphone goes everywhere with me

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I got an e-mail from FitcamX that they are running 6% off right now. Code UUS266

WFO2

Reaction score
The reason I was thinking about a Tablet is becuuae I found an android tablet for 100 bucks at Best Buy . It has a usb oport so I was thinking it would be easy to grab videos off of the cam . It could ride in the truck when I'm in it also being able to charge it in the truck would be easy to do . Hoping it would not have to turn the bluetooth off on my phone or any other settings on my phone .

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The reason I was thinking about a Tablet is becuuae I found an android tablet for 100 bucks at Best Buy . It has a usb oport so I was thinking it would be easy to grab videos off of the cam . It could ride in the truck when I'm in it also being able to charge it in the truck would be easy to do . Hoping it would not have to turn the bluetooth off on my phone or any other settings on my phone .
You don't need a USB port to get the videos, just download them from the app. Also, you don't have to turn anything off in your phone, just connect to the Wi-Fi for the camera.

Also you can find cheaper tablets. I have one I got off Amazon for $60 I use at car shows to have a slide show of pictures.

smashweights

Reaction score
So I pulled my card to get a video the other day, half way through my drive this morning I touched the card just to check it was fully inserted and it was very hot. Any elses microSD hot as heck while running?

Users who are viewing this thread