5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FitCamX dashcam

myfast3rdgen

Reaction score
Parking guard only works if it’s hard wired to constant 12v, otherwise it does not if the truck is off.
It is hardwired. I spent the extra money and time to hardwire it but the parking guard doesn't work.

And before you ask - yes I wired it correctly and yes there is a blinking light on it when the power is off. :)

myfast3rdgen

Reaction score
I've never had to disconnect Bluetooth to connect to the camera. Only connection to camera is wifi
Maybe it's just my phone but I have to turn off my wifi and my bluetooth. If one is off and the other is on it will turn the one that is off, on. I think it has to do with AndroidAuto because it uses both Wifi and Bluetooth. It if notices one isn't turned off it does it for you as long as it has one connection.

O'Town Ram

I know less and less about more and more
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have to disconnect my blue tooth ( Iphone) but really what it is doing is disconnecting the phone from CarPlay.
I cannot connect to camera if connected to Carplay

O'Town Ram

I know less and less about more and more
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It is hardwired. I spent the extra money and time to hardwire it but the parking guard doesn't work.

And before you ask - yes I wired it correctly and yes there is a blinking light on it when the power is off. :)
And it is turned on in the app?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe it's just my phone but I have to turn off my wifi and my bluetooth. If one is off and the other is on it will turn the one that is off, on. I think it has to do with AndroidAuto because it uses both Wifi and Bluetooth. It if notices one isn't turned off it does it for you as long as it has one connection.
I don't have wireless android auto. Might be part of it.

blacksheep37

Reaction score
I just ordered my FitCamX and went with the front and rear setup. I also want to put in the digital rearview mirror. The question is this - if I install the DRVM, can I splice that in to be the rearview camera on the FitCam? That way I'd only have one camera in the back and nothing sticking to the rear window.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I just ordered my FitCamX and went with the front and rear setup. I also want to put in the digital rearview mirror. The question is this - if I install the DRVM, can I splice that in to be the rearview camera on the FitCam? That way I'd only have one camera in the back and nothing sticking to the rear window.
Noz doesn't work that way. Different signals

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
We only wish. But to expand HSKR R/Ts answer, one is analog, and the other is digital.

JOzzz

Reaction score
Just installed mine, 4k front and 1080 rear. Took about 20 min start to finish. Ran my rear cable along the bottom of the passenger side and had about 6” of extra cable that I tucked into the rear passenger seat belt trim.

Quality is good and app works better than the others I tried. Fit and finish is perfect and other than the Fitcam sticker on the side, it looks factory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just installed mine, 4k front and 1080 rear. Took about 20 min start to finish. Ran my rear cable along the bottom of the passenger side and had about 6” of extra cable that I tucked into the rear passenger seat belt trim.

Quality is good and app works better than the others I tried. Fit and finish is perfect and other than the Fitcam sticker on the side, it looks factory.

Any issues with radio reception running the wires that way?

JOzzz

Reaction score
Front Video

Rear Video

Rear video is still processing and will take about 20 more minutes before it finishes processing HD.

Last edited:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

They have stickers now?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I ran mine through passenger headliner. No issues with am/Fm reception
Do you have any pictures of the headliner/wiring/routing that you did? I still haven't run the rear cam - partially because I'm lazy, and partially because I haven't made up my mind how I want to run it. Ideally it would be along the passenger side headliner like you did, but was wondering if it would all tuck into the gaps (and how it would pass across the trim pieces at the doors). I'm curious if it is 100% concealed when it's all done.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Do you have any pictures of the headliner/wiring/routing that you did? I still haven't run the rear cam - partially because I'm lazy, and partially because I haven't made up my mind how I want to run it. Ideally it would be along the passenger side headliner like you did, but was wondering if it would all tuck into the gaps (and how it would pass across the trim pieces at the doors). I'm curious if it is 100% concealed when it's all done.
Pull the seals down for doors, popped the top of A-pillar, B-pillar, and C-pillar loose. You can pull down the edges of headliner slightly to tuck cable up. There about 6' of extra cable I cooked up and have tucked in empty space behind C-pillar trim. There really is nothing to take a picture of because you can't see anything.

I thought about trying to route down and along bottom of doors under the door sills, but that was a lot more stuff to remove.

JOzzz

Reaction score
They have stickers now?

30547b79138591d0b487edbe09487c35.jpg

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ahh, yeah, forgot about that one as you cant really see it once installed

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

I didn't get the front rear, but mine has no sticker. I ordered as soon as it was available though, long before I ordered the truck.

Users who are viewing this thread