5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FitCamX dashcam

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
I will have to check mine again, but I was pretty sure it was set to highest resolution out of the box. I went into the settings and didn't see where there was a higher resolution option to go to, only lower resolution.
I'll have to check again later when I get some time

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
I put in a Samsung 256GB MicroSDXC Evo card and have had no issues with it.

SAMSUNG (MB-ME256GA/AM) 256GB 100MB/s (U3) MicroSDXC EVO Select Memory Card with Full-Size Adapter Amazon.com: SAMSUNG (MB-ME256GA/AM) 256GB 100MB/s (U3) MicroSDXC EVO Select Memory Card with Full-Size Adapter : Electronics

I already recorded a bear miss instance.
Near Miss FitCamX
I'm still using the 64gb that came with the camera but I do have a 512gb on deck if I think I'll need it.

U

User_63152

I got my Chinese tracking number. Hopefully won’t take forever to get here.

I just got the front 4K camera. Don’t care too much about rear video. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited by a moderator:

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Shipping went pretty smoothly for me. Once I got the provided tracking number, I want to say I had the camera in like 7 days. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to install it yet. I have the incorrect digital rear view mirror currently mounted in my truck for the mirror trim bezel. I've been living with it for months now, but when FitCam offered to send me one of these to do an unboxing video I used it as motivation to finally order the right mirror. The mirror is taking significantly longer to acquire than the dash camera lol. Should be here by Sunday though. Super pumped to get this camera installed in the truck.

Removing my old camera and the 3M sticky adhesive pad from the windshield has been my biggest concern through all of this. I'm hoping my removal goes as smoothly as yours did @HSKR R/T . I really don't want to pay for new windshield tint if I can avoid it.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Shipping went pretty smoothly for me. Once I got the provided tracking number, I want to say I had the camera in like 7 days. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to install it yet. I have the incorrect digital rear view mirror currently mounted in my truck for the mirror trim bezel. I've been living with it for months now, but when FitCam offered to send me one of these to do an unboxing video I used it as motivation to finally order the right mirror. The mirror is taking significantly longer to acquire than the dash camera lol. Should be here by Sunday though. Super pumped to get this camera installed in the truck.

Removing my old camera and the 3M sticky adhesive pad from the windshield has been my biggest concern through all of this. I'm hoping my removal goes as smoothly as yours did @HSKR R/T . I really don't want to pay for new windshield tint if I can avoid it.
I was ready to just leave the pad for old camera on the windshield. When I went to try and peel it off the mount pulled off from the sticky pad pretty easily. Then it was just a matter of rolling the pad off the windshield tint, vs trying to pull it.

Kicker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I put in a Samsung 256GB MicroSDXC Evo card and have had no issues with it.

SAMSUNG (MB-ME256GA/AM) 256GB 100MB/s (U3) MicroSDXC EVO Select Memory Card with Full-Size Adapter https://a.co/d/3tEyTcR

I already recorded a near miss instance.
Near Miss FitCamX

Does the camera see it as 256GB or just when you plug it into your computer?
I have a 256 card I can plug in and may try it out.

How are you guys grabbing the video (off the card I know) and post it on Google or You tube? Any special software you using?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

How are you guys grabbing the video (off the card I know) and post it on Google or You tube? Any special software you using?
Just my ohone

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score

Can't speak of the SD card but I'm downloading the camera clips to my phone via the wifi connection and uploading them to YouTube to share then. A bit of a pain but it's not too bad

campnowhere

Reaction score
Anyone notice the right side of the cam doesn’t seem to snap in as tight as the left drivers side? I installed this today and it was pretty easy but I noticed that the right side of the camera mount doesn’t quite snap in as tight as the left side.

I thought maybe I didn’t have it lined up so I took the rear view mirror & it’s bracket off the windshield so I could fully see from the top & side view that I was lining up the connectors correctly and I was. The camera housing clips in fine but with nominal force I can pull down and the right side will come right off.

I only question this in case I get into an accident or go over rough road etc… that something strong enough could cause it to fall down.

Am I the only one or am I doing something wrong here?

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone notice the right side of the cam doesn’t seem to snap in as tight as the left drivers side? I installed this today and it was pretty easy but I noticed that the right side of the camera mount doesn’t quite snap in as tight as the left side.

I thought maybe I didn’t have it lined up so I took the rear view mirror & it’s bracket off the windshield so I could fully see from the top & side view that I was lining up the connectors correctly and I was. The camera housing clips in fine but with nominal force I can pull down and the right side will come right off.

I only question this in case I get into an accident or go over rough road etc… that something strong enough could cause it to fall down.

Do you have Model A or B?

campnowhere

Reaction score
I can confirm that the 512gb SD card works just fine. For anyone that is interested, this is the card I got from Amazon:

SanDisk 512GB Extreme Pro Durable, Captures 4K UHD Video, 200MB/s Read and 140MB/s Write microSD UHS-I Card for Recording Outdoor Adventures and Weekend Trips https://a.co/d/gX6Sxgq IMG_6599.jpeg

Anarki

Reaction score
Thank you everyone for sharing info on this dashcam. I read this thread on Monday, decided to order it from Amazon Tuesday morning, received it Wednesday and installed it. So far so good!

I will say, installation was a breeze. It took me more time trying to get the stupid thing setup. Pro tip - if you have carplay (or android auto??) being used wirelessly, I suggest plugging your phone into the truck, disconnect wireless carplay (or AA!) and then you consistently connect to the dashcam for settings, downloads, etc.

I have a 6 hour drive this weekend so will put it through it's paces and report back what I think.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score

It did feel like it clipped on a little weird but it seems to sit normal

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This may be a good time for a reminder that the default recording resolution is 2k. You need to go into the settings in the app and change it to 4k (assuming that's what you want). It naturally uses more storage, but the quality is way better, especially when you're trying to make out license plate numbers.

Disclaimer: This information was at least correct on the model "B" about 2 months ago.
Just checked mine yesterday. I did not change the resolution from what it was OOTB, and it was set to 4k from the factory.

Users who are viewing this thread