5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FitCamX dashcam

reapur

Reaction score
I will check for you next time I drive it. I never listen to FM so I won't have a proper frame of reference to test but I'll be able to see if I can get some of the locals
BTW, I tried a couple FM stations in town and didn't notice any issues.

Lpsouth1978

Reaction score
Have any of you installed the hardwire kit yet? If so, what fuse locations did you use? I got my cable today and expected it to have piggy back fuses like my old cam had, but it does not. Just trying to figure out if there are any unused fuse spots that can be utilized, otherwise, I will have to do some rewiring of the FitcamX hardwire cable.

Solracer

Reaction score
Have any of you installed the hardwire kit yet? If so, what fuse locations did you use? I got my cable today and expected it to have piggy back fuses like my old cam had, but it does not. Just trying to figure out if there are any unused fuse spots that can be utilized, otherwise, I will have to do some rewiring of the FitcamX hardwire cable.
I'll try to get time to install on Friday.

Lpsouth1978

Reaction score
I'll try to get time to install on Friday.
Well, I attempted to install the hardwire kit last night. I ran the cable from the camera, under the headliner, down the driver side A pillar, and to the fuse box under the steering wheel. I then located an "acc" fuse and an "always on" (bat+" fuse) only to realize the size provided by FitCam is not used in our trucks. I think I am going to order some fuse taps, like the ones below, and rewire in the correct fuses instead.

Screenshot 2023-03-31 085443.jpg

Lpsouth1978

Reaction score
I am happy to report that the above fuse taps worked perfectly. I simply cut the "fuses" off that came on the hardwire kit, keeping the actual (barrel) fuses intact. I then wired the correct fuse taps I got on Amazon, placed the fuses in it, and plugged them into the corresponding fuse location in the fuse box. Everything is working great now and I couldn't be happier. I have attached a picture of the fuse locations I used for those interested. The bottom location is the "acc" the other is the "bat+". Make sure to place the lower one all the way to the right so it doesn't remain on all the time.

Fuse box.jpg

CogitoErgoLevo

Reaction score
Installed fitcamx model B and it is a great system. thanks y'all for recommending it!
The first one I received had issue with the image being crooked. Replacement arrived 2 days later and image is clear and leveled.

Solracer

Reaction score
I am happy to report that the above fuse taps worked perfectly. I simply cut the "fuses" off that came on the hardwire kit, keeping the actual (barrel) fuses intact. I then wired the correct fuse taps I got on Amazon, placed the fuses in it, and plugged them into the corresponding fuse location in the fuse box. Everything is working great now and I couldn't be happier. I have attached a picture of the fuse locations I used for those interested. The bottom location is the "acc" the other is the "bat+". Make sure to place the lower one all the way to the right so it doesn't remain on all the time.

View attachment 155657
Wouldn't the B+ NEED to be on all the time? Or else how would the camera get power when the truck was off?

Lpsouth1978

Reaction score
Wouldn't the B+ NEED to be on all the time? Or else how would the camera get power when the truck was off?
Yes. In the picture I circled the two fuse locations I used. The lower one is the acc fuse and turns the camera on when you turn the truck on. The upper fuse tap is the bat+ and has constant power. This allows the camera to record while parked and the truck is off. My apologies If I did not make that clear earlier.

Solracer

Reaction score
1680584688652.png

This is how I did mine. Not sure if it matters, but I made sure my Batt fuse was all the way to the left. Works as it should.

Lpsouth1978

Reaction score
View attachment 155853

This is how I did mine. Not sure if it matters, but I made sure my Batt fuse was all the way to the left. Works as it should.
It doesn't really matter which fusees we use, so long as one is constant (bat+) and one is an "acc" fuse. The lower fuse location is for the 12V plug on top of the dash. I like this in the far right position, so my 12V is not on constantly. That is why I used that as my "acc" fuse vs using it as a "bat+" as you have. Either works.

Solracer

Reaction score
It doesn't really matter which fusees we use, so long as one is constant (bat+) and one is an "acc" fuse. The lower fuse location is for the 12V plug on top of the dash. I like this in the far right position, so my 12V is not on constantly. That is why I used that as my "acc" fuse vs using it as a "bat+" as you have. Either works.
Ah, yeah I've got to keep my 12v plug on the top as constant anyhow. Runs my wireless chargers. Thanks for the clarification.

TheLegend

Reaction score
I bought a FitCamX but I am either going to return it or unless someone wants to buy it it’s the B style Front 4k and Rear with 1080p. Brand new just opened the box. If anyone is interested just PM me I think it’s a cool idea and design just didn’t like the way it looked IMO.

CogitoErgoLevo

Reaction score
Interesting timing,
Installed the fitcamx a week ago.
Yesterday on the way home from school some dude broadsided us. (We are all fine).
And started telling me I swerved into his lane. My response was, let me pull the footage right now. He got super fooking quiet.
Then i called my insurance, and they started telling me that assigning responsibility is not a given. Once, i mentioned i had footage of the accident, they said it will help greatly at determining who is at fault.
Video shows us driving in middle lane and a dude coming from the right lane and slam into us like we don't exist.
Without the dashcam insurance said it is a "he said, she said" case and they usually split responsibility.
We will see what a insurance says once they review the video. But it can only help my case.

Update: 4/10
Insurance reviewed my dashcam footage and determined other driver was 100% at fault.

Last edited:

Kicker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Interesting timing,
Installed the fitcamx a week ago.
Yesterday on the way home from school some dude broadsided us. (We are all fine).
And started telling me I swerved into his lane. My response was, let me pull the footage right now. He got super fooking quiet.
Then i called my insurance, and they started telling me that assigning responsibility is not a given. Once, i mentioned i had footage of the accident, they said it will help greatly at determining who is at fault.
Video shows us driving in middle lane and a dude coming from the right lane and slam into us like we don't exist.
Without the dashcam insurance said it is a "he said, she said" case and they usually split responsibility.
We will see what a insurance says once they review the video. But it can only help my case.
If he fills out the police report and is lying he is committing a crime, perhaps someone should remind him of that.
I had someone hit me so hard going through and intersection he flipped me on my side in a 3/4 ton step van, he told the insurance and popo I hit him. I told the insurance interviewer that he hit the last 3 feet of the truck, what did I do, hit him and fall over dead? And furthermore a newspaperman from the Boston Herald just happened onto the aftermath, took a picture and put it in the Sunday edition. The picture showed his car up against the last 3 feet of my truck on it's side.
They charged him with making false statements on an official document. Not sure what happened but he was found at fault.

reapur

Reaction score
has anyone been able to change the wifi passoword?
It pretends to change it until I restart the truck then it goes back to the default. No matter what I do, I can't get it to save the new password.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online