5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FitCamX dashcam

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Since it's already mounted, the tint prevents a good picture from the outside. here's one from the inside. The wire is tucked up into the headliner and follows the contour all the way to the front.
not really the way I would've designed this mount, I would've done one that allowed more adjustments up/down/left/right. the way it is, the camera barrel rolls on the long axis that you you see, so up/down. the app doesn't have the ability to flip or mirror the image so this basically is the only way to install it. This results is a larger view of the side where the cam is installed, in my case the drivers side, not by much but if you're OCD like me and like symmetry, you'll notice.
also, that rectangular mount you see has a two sided VHB tape on it, should be good for a long time.

Wouldn't the install be cleaner if you mounted it on the passenger side, in the upper corner?

mainjet

Reaction score
I'm confused - can you open your rear sliding window now?
Yes, it just knocks the camera off the window every time. So I just keep a big roll of double sided tape in the truck to reattach it. it's kind of a hassle to be honest :ROFLMAO:

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, it just knocks the camera off the window every time. So I just keep a big roll of double sided tape in the truck to reattach it. it's kind of a hassle to be honest :ROFLMAO:
Now see, that's just stupid. If you were really smart, you'd use Velcro to reattach it every time.

Le_Slacker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Since it's already mounted, the tint prevents a good picture from the outside. here's one from the inside. The wire is tucked up into the headliner and follows the contour all the way to the front.
not really the way I would've designed this mount, I would've done one that allowed more adjustments up/down/left/right. the way it is, the camera barrel rolls on the long axis that you you see, so up/down. the app doesn't have the ability to flip or mirror the image so this basically is the only way to install it. This results is a larger view of the side where the cam is installed, in my case the drivers side, not by much but if you're OCD like me and like symmetry, you'll notice.
also, that rectangular mount you see has a two sided VHB tape on it, should be good for a long time.

Doesn’t the sliding window interfere with this? Or is it on the slider?

campnowhere

Reaction score
I am waiting for model A to become available to order and plan on adding this to my 2019 Ram 1500 Bighorn.

smashweights

Reaction score
Well well look what showed up unexpectedly today. Install was simple, but I swear those four clips holding the stock housing on are the STRONGEST clips I've ever worked with. Pry tool was useless and I thought I was going to rip the roof off. But once that came off it was about a 1 minute install to get it up and running. Did have to just barely bend the Covercraft UVS100 sunshade to get it to fit but otherwise doesn't really impact getting it in place.

Pretty unobtrusive in the driver's view too. Mostly obscured by the mirror

Attachments

• PXL_20230323_215658919~2.jpg
    PXL_20230323_215658919~2.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 114
  • PXL_20230323_212236021~2.jpg
    PXL_20230323_212236021~2.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 107
  • Screenshot_20230323-165322.png
    Screenshot_20230323-165322.png
    708.3 KB · Views: 110
  • PXL_20230323_220643860~2.jpg
    PXL_20230323_220643860~2.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 112
  • PXL_20230324_175654877~2.jpg
    PXL_20230324_175654877~2.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well well look what showed up unexpectedly today. Install was simple, but I swear those four clips holding the stock housing on are the STRONGEST clips I've ever worked with. Pry tool was useless and I thought I was going to rip the roof off. But once that came off it was about a 1 minute install to get it up and running. Did have to just barely bend the Covercraft UVS100 sunshade to get it to fit but otherwise doesn't really impact getting it in place
I just went ahead and snapped the internal stiffeners in two places to aid installation and removal of the Covercraft shade.

D788E3A6-7FEC-4122-ADCE-78F9C408FAC3.jpeg 85C83FA1-52F8-4E7B-A3BA-814D71F6607F.jpeg

Lpsouth1978

Reaction score
I have to say that Fitcam has incredible customer service. I had my windshield replaced last week and my camera has not worked since. I finally figured out that they ripped the wires out of the splitter harness that comes with the FitcamX and didn't tell me about it. Instead they just loosly placed the wires back and plugged it in. 😤

I reached out to the folks @ Fitcam to purchase a new cable, and within 5 minutes had a new one coming @ NO cost to me. It is rare, and unexpected for a company to step up and fix another companies mistake, and I appreciate a company with that sort of integrity. I highly recommend the FitcamX AND Fitcam as a company!

Edmontonram

Reaction score
fixed, and leveled :)

I’m wondering if you have noticed any radio interference from the rear camera? I read somewhere that it causes FM radio issues, have you seen any issues like this?

I want to order the kit with the rear camera but not if it’s going to cause interference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

reapur

Reaction score
I’m wondering if you have noticed any radio interference from the rear camera? I read somewhere that it causes FM radio issues, have you seen any issues like this?

I want to order the kit with the rear camera but not if it’s going to cause interference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I will check for you next time I drive it. I never listen to FM so I won't have a proper frame of reference to test but I'll be able to see if I can get some of the locals

n7qpp

Reaction score
Order 3/17 delivered today. Ordered the dual camera system. Hopefully will get installed tomorrow.

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a box Front and Rear view cameras 4k edition if anyone wants pictures to what anything looks like (still in box) I may be returning mine because I went with my Comma and I just don’t see the use in it anymore so I’ll be returning mine soon.

n7qpp

Reaction score
Well as others have stated the install was easy and painless. The appliaction is anothe story it keep crashing. I have load on a Pixel 7 Pro.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just FYI...

After having mine for a while I went back look at videos and found my 512 card isn't working like I thought. It's recording, but videos are all 3-5 seconds and not consecutive, even after formatting.

So, I put the 64 back in. Might pick up a 128.

Mdhwoods

Reaction score
Just FYI...

After having mine for a while I went back look at videos and found my 512 card isn't working like I thought. It's recording, but videos are all 3-5 seconds and not consecutive, even after formatting.

So, I put the 64 back in. Might pick up a 128.
thanks, this was a concern of mine that the system wouldn't use the space properly. Anyone have a 256 and can check on how the recordings are going?

Users who are viewing this thread