5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FitCamX dashcam

Scion

Reaction score
I haven't been able to find a player on PC that will play them. I've using my phone.

VLC will play pretty much anything on Windows. IIRC, the instructions gave one or two player recommendations, too.

Csjumper2003

Reaction score
If you save to your phone then can throw in like a drop box on rhe pc and yeah vlc works. And a 256gb and 512 works. I have a high rate reading San disk if you use a lower grade there a big lag trying to play higher rated videos like 4k

SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO® microSD™ UHS-I Card with Adapter C10, U3, V30, A2, 200MB/s Read 140MB/s Write​

Or

SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO® microSD™ UHS-I Card with Adapter C10, U3, V30, A2, 200MB/s Read 140MB/s Write​

reapur

Reaction score
does anyone know if there is way to use the hard buttons on the camera to mark a clip or save an image. Sometimes while driving, you see something interesting and you want to go back to look at the video but it's really hard to do that sifting through so many one minute files.

Last edited:

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was hoping that's what they are for, but they appear to be for turning it on... 🤷

reapur

Reaction score
I emailed their support and I got this:
"
There are two buttons on the camera, there is a camera button, when you are driving, press the camera button quickly and it will lock the current video without being overwritten.

This locked video will be saved in the locked folder. You can test it again."

I'll test this when I drive next time.

Scion

Reaction score
I emailed their support and I got this:
"
There are two buttons on the camera, there is a camera button, when you are driving, press the camera button quickly and it will lock the current video without being overwritten.

This locked video will be saved in the locked folder. You can test it again."

I'll test this when I drive next time.

That's a great feature! Now to make sure I remember which button is in which location...

Csjumper2003

Reaction score
Yeah since the power one is closest to you. And they are side by side. Good to know that is what that button does.

Anyone wire the parking mode? If so what fuse did you use under dash?

Lpsouth1978

Reaction score
Yeah since the power one is closest to you. And they are side by side. Good to know that is what that button does.

Anyone wire the parking mode? If so what fuse did you use under dash?
I have the hardwire kit installed. I purchased some fuse taps on Amazon and spliced them onto the Fitcam X hardwire harness (the harness does not work with our trucks as it comes from them). You can see which fuses I used in the picture below.

20230310_120233.jpg

Drennan

Reaction score
Every review or post on the FitcamX states how easy it is to instal. The available videos seem to confirm this. However, I seem to be missing something when it comes to removing the existing cover on my 1500 Laramie. I can release the main housing but I cannot seem to get access to the small front plate to remove that. I cannot get my fingers in to grasp it and don’t know if I should be pushing or pulling.
Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Every review or post on the FitcamX states how easy it is to instal. The available videos seem to confirm this. However, I seem to be missing something when it comes to removing the existing cover on my 1500 Laramie. I can release the main housing but I cannot seem to get access to the small front plate to remove that. I cannot get my fingers in to grasp it and don’t know if I should be pushing or pulling.
Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks.
Pull. Hard. Until it feels like it's going to break. Then pull a little harder, and it will pop out.

As I recall, you have to pry out the main housing first, then you can find room for fingers to get in there and pull.

Drennan

Reaction score
Pull. Hard. Until it feels like it's going to break. Then pull a little harder, and it will pop out.

As I recall, you have to pry out the main housing first, then you can find room for fingers to get in there and pull.
Thank you for replying. Perhaps my problem is that I can release the sides and bottom of the existing cover but not the top, it seems to be still attached at the top. Im reluctant to pull for fear of damaging something. Does the cover pull down from the top to release it?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you for replying. Perhaps my problem is that I can release the sides and bottom of the existing cover but not the top, it seems to be still attached at the top. Im reluctant to pull for fear of damaging something. Does the cover pull down from the top to release it?
It's been a little while since I did it, but I believe the entire housing came down (and floated, wrapped around the mirror). Then I popped off the small panel and could take the large housing down. I don't remember it being stuck at the top.

Drennan

Reaction score
In trying to free the top lip of the cover, I pulled down a little and ending up dislodging the rear view mirror. This is now hanging by its connection wire/plug. I gues a trip to the dealership in the morning is on. Thankfully they are only 10 miles from me.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
In trying to free the top lip of the cover, I pulled down a little and ending up dislodging the rear view mirror. This is now hanging by its connection wire/plug. I gues a trip to the dealership in the morning is on. Thankfully they are only 10 miles from me.
Mirror just pops back in, no need for trip to dealer

Lpsouth1978

Reaction score
I use a plastic pry tool to get under the top lip of the small part. It is the most difficult part of the install.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
Just got an email stating the Model A camera is now available. I went to their website and made the purchase for just the front camera. Screenshot_20230526_090933_Email.jpg

FM45

Reaction score
Just ordered Model A, if you use Subscribe5 -you will get an extra discount ....

discount.jpg

-=FM45=-

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I just ordered front 4k+rear. And used the discount code. $255 total. Used my PayPal credit for 6 months interest free. easier than taking the whole hit at once.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online

Members online