5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FitCamX dashcam

smashweights

Reaction score
has anyone been able to change the wifi passoword?
It pretends to change it until I restart the truck then it goes back to the default. No matter what I do, I can't get it to save the new password.
Yep, first thing I did setting it up. Odd issue there

Philth

Reaction score
Just to confirm, the Limited with digital rear view mirror is "B"?

reapur

Reaction score
Just to confirm, the Limited with digital rear view mirror is "B"?
Ya I have a limited with the digital mirror and I got the B model. I still don't know which trim requires the A model.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have limited without digital mirror and got model B.
Like Bigdodge said said, the digital mirror isn't the determining factor, it is other things. Lower models that don't have all the sensors will have A, trucks that have sensors will take B. If the truck has any of the options that need one of the sensors the module basically has all the sensors, whether you have the other options or not. Low level Bighorns, and lower, will take A. Any higher trim, will take B.

CogitoErgoLevo

Reaction score
Like Bigdodge said said, the digital mirror isn't the determining factor, it is other things. Lower models that don't have all the sensors will have A, trucks that have sensors will take B. If the truck has any of the options that need one of the sensors the module basically has all the sensors, whether you have the other options or not. Low level Bighorns, and lower, will take A. Any higher trim, will take B.

I am just reporting what I have

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I sure am getting tired of waiting for this model A version to be released. Pulling the trigger on a Blackvue is sounding more and more like a great idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I sure am getting tired of waiting for this model A version to be released. Pulling the trigger on a Blackvue is sounding more and more like a great idea.

Check out the Viofo A139 Pro lots of comparison videos out there on it versus the Blackvue newest release and everyone hands down says A139 is better. Check out this guys comparison you will be shocked in quality difference. I’m returning my FitCamX and getting a Viofo. Also, don’t buy on Amazon if you lean that way it’s like double for some crazy reason.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score

I'm getting tired of waiting for the Model A too but I'm going to try and hold out for it because it's exactly what I've been looking for in a camera.

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i have the kingslim D4 and it works like a charm. (front and rear) used the dongle adapter to pull power from the mirror works great!!!

Solracer

Reaction score
Using a 512 card today. Will report back. My truck was rear ended in a parking lot, but by the time I noticed it, (a day later) the footage had been over written. Bummer. I'd say 128gig was not enough for those who have it set to record 24/7.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Using a 512 card today. Will report back. My truck was rear ended in a parking lot, but by the time I noticed it, (a day later) the footage had been over written. Bummer. I'd say 128gig was not enough for those who have it set to record 24/7.
Does it not have a g-sensir that will lock files if it senses an accident?

reapur

Reaction score
it says it does have that and you can set the sensitivity

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
I contacted fitcamx again and still no news on the model a camera Screenshot_20230417_170804_Email.jpg

Scion

Reaction score
Has anyone had any issue with their cameras dropping back to 2k for several loops, then returning to 4k? In the 6.5 hours of footage on my current card, I've had it happen on two occasions, right in the middle of a drive. The first time, it dropped to 2k and stayed that way until the truck turned off and back on. The second time, it dropped to 2k for about four 3 minute loops, then magically started recording in 4k again.
Also curious how those with 265 GB and 512 GB cards are working out.

reapur

Reaction score
I haven't seen that.
But, I've noticed something weird, for some reason some files, even though they all have the same file extension, appear as text files to the OS. I have to right click on them and open them in the video player, other files I can double click on them.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I haven't been able to find a player on PC that will play them. I've using my phone.

Users who are viewing this thread