5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FitCamX dashcam

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well that’s what I’m saying like having that much juice running through that one port would worry me. I guess I just wasn’t communicating it correctly thank you lol
See my post #155

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well that’s what I’m saying like having that much juice running through that one port would worry me. I guess I just wasn’t communicating it correctly thank you lol
If a comma mount can be made for the fitcamx mirror cover, power supplies won’t be an issue. Comma (and the DASM) use a different power source and fuse than the mirror and fitcamx use.

Le_Slacker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
First big road trip with this thing. Lots of driving in day/night/snow/sun

No problems reading most plates in most conditions. Sometimes it does help to grab a frame on a pc and blow it up/brighten it up but at 4K most plates are good. The tough ones may have covers, be dirty or damaged (peeling plates very common in Ontario)

Memory…. Went on a long trip with only 64G….. someone wiped out in front of us after hitting slush and losing control. By time I got to my destination (8 hours later) that footage had already been overwritten. I’ve already upgraded to 256G, and kicking myself for not grabbing that sooner!

151m per 1 minute of recording. It eats memory quickly!!

Wife didn’t even know there was a camera there. Last one was stolen when truck was broken into. She knew I was looking for a replacement, she didn’t know it was there already

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

No problems reading most plates in most conditions. Sometimes it does help to grab a frame on a pc and blow it up/brighten it up but at 4K most plates are good. The tough ones may have covers, be dirty or damaged (peeling plates very common in Ontario)

Memory…. Went on a long trip with only 64G….. someone wiped out in front of us after hitting slush and losing control. By time I got to my destination (8 hours later) that footage had already been overwritten. I’ve already upgraded to 256G, and kicking myself for not grabbing that sooner!

Wife didn’t even know there was a camera there. Last one was stolen when truck was broken into. She knew I was looking for a replacement, she didn’t know it was there already

FitCamX says the maximum size SD card that the camera supports is 128GB. Let us know if the 256GB card works.

Lpsouth1978

Reaction score
Just ordered this for my RAM. $189 from Amazon with 5% off coupon and free overnight shipping. Will have it tomorrow. Now I just need to order the hardwire cable and eventually install that as well.

Csjumper2003

Reaction score

Did you install the 256? Did it work? I thought only would support 128

Lpsouth1978

Reaction score
I just received my FitcamX today and have a 256gb card I can try. All I need now is to get my truck back. It has been at the dealer all week for a rear window leak. It is supposed to be ready to pick up in the morning, so hopefully I can get this installed and test the 256gb card and report back, if @Le_Slacker hasn't yet.

smashweights

Reaction score

Does this thing just write to fill the whole card then overwrite the oldest? I thought I saw somewhere it was either 1 or 3 minutes of rolling footage?

6of36

Reaction score
Does this thing just write to fill the whole card then overwrite the oldest? I thought I saw somewhere it was either 1 or 3 minutes of rolling footage?
It segments in to 1 or 3 minute files. You set your preference. It writes until it is full, then rewrites over the oldest file. The size of the card will determine how long before it rewrites.

smashweights

Reaction score
It segments in to 1 or 3 minute files. You set your preference. It writes until it is full, then rewrites over the oldest file. The size of the card will determine how long before it rewrites.
Ok great, I thought rolling 3 minute overwrites was rather short

6of36

Reaction score
Ok great, I thought rolling 3 minute overwrites was rather short
Of course it depends on whether you have in lower resolution, or 4K, and what size card, but I think in high setting, with standard 64 card, it gets at least a few hours.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
When it fills up please confirm it continues to work. Also maybe pull when full and see if its actually used the entire 512.
I'm sure it works the same as every other dash cam that has loop recording. Should be no issues

Users who are viewing this thread