5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fender Flares

BigHorn-SV

Reaction score
I don’t know why people added the Rebel flare numbers as the rebels already come with the flares stock
That digression was my doing, as I wanted the durability of ABS vs. paint. I was curious about Rebel part numbers, because I was hoping to use OEM black ABS flares and not OEM paint-ready on my Big Horn.

TonyHill376

Reaction score
So how is the 3M tape holding up for you guys???. About to get mine painted and then out on without the drilling option and using tape.

TonyHill376

Reaction score
I got a set of flares. Painted satin black and on the fence of installing. Truck looks awesome without them. May sell if any Ramies are interested. Message me

rceagle1a

Reaction score
I got a reply from a online Mopar parts seller. Attached is the parts diagram for the fender flares.

From what I gathered from the diagram the below is needed.

6FX92TZZAB Rear Right
6FX93TZZAB Front Right
6FX90TZZAB Front Right
6FX91TZZAB Front Left
68349566AB Spat Front Right
68349567AB Spat Front Left
68307196AA Spat Rear Right
68307197AA Spat Rear Left
Were these flares Painted satin black/Primered or just black abs? How are they holding up??

banditsc

Reaction score
Were these flares Painted satin black/Primered or just black abs? How are they holding up??
The factory coating that comes on them easily scratches. I used a black bumper paint on them and they have been holding up very well.

EPrice

Reaction score
The factory coating that comes on them easily scratches. I used a black bumper paint on them and they have been holding up very well.

So just so I am clear, the MOPAR fender flares that can be ordered and put on the Bighorn:

Are you able to secure them with the clips/pins that come on the flares or is the double sided tape required or just a precautionary item? Just really want to know if the flares will "hang" on the Bighorn and then you secure more snugly with the double-sided tape..?

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So just so I am clear, the MOPAR fender flares that can be ordered and put on the Bighorn:

Are you able to secure them with the clips/pins that come on the flares or is the double sided tape required or just a precautionary item? Just really want to know if the flares will "hang" on the Bighorn and then you secure more snugly with the double-sided tape..?
They will be secure to the truck as they screw in underneath the fender with the same screw/hole as the liners. The clips will not be useful unless you plan to put holes in your fenders to mount them with.

rceagle1a

Reaction score
So, some scotchbrite, wax and grease remover, rattle can adhesion promoter, and rattle can bumper paint?

banditsc

Reaction score
I went with an adhesion promoter the first time and it had a bad reaction to the bumper paint, had to strip them all down and start over. I just went with the bumper paint the second time and it worked well.

Users who are viewing this thread