5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fender Flares

Lonestar21

Reaction score
DO these come painted??

No they don’t. I had them painted and installed by a body shop for $200.
They come in ‘matte’ black but you will have to touch them up even if you want the ‘matte’ plastic look, because the scratch easily

BigHorn-SV

Reaction score
fenders the same
bumper, fascia trim, front flares, grille, skid plate...unique to REBEL
slimmer fascia trim between headlight & REBEL bumper = shorter flare
Got it. Thanks for the explanation. I looked at the pics too and can see the differences now. I need the other (non-Rebel) flares. Too bad, as I wanted the durability of the molded black plastic flares that are used on the Rebel.

19Jake

Reaction score
Got it. Thanks for the explanation. I looked at the pics too and can see the differences now. I need the other (non-Rebel) flares. Too bad, as I wanted the durability of the molded black plastic flares that are used on the Rebel.
note that trucks with factory flares are stamped for flare clips...surgery/VHB tape required for trucks without

Last edited:

BigHorn-SV

Reaction score
note that Laramie fenders are stamped for fender flare clips
for a BigHorn go aftermarket
Aftermarket would be fine, but I want a flare that's slim (i.e., doesn't stick out more than @ one-half inch) like the OEM flares. I'm not putting oversize tires on my truck and I think a fatter (i.e., wider) flare would look lame on a truck like mine that will be running a stock 18x8 rim and 275/65R18 tire combination. Is there an aftermarket slim black ABS flare available, and if so, does anyone have a suggested supplier?

2019Bhorn

Reaction score
At 40 dollars its worth buying one to see how it looks, I put bigger tires on mine, and they stick out just a little, I would like to see how it brings everything together..

banditsc

Reaction score
Aftermarket would be fine, but I want a flare that's slim (i.e., doesn't stick out more than @ one-half inch) like the OEM flares. I'm not putting oversize tires on my truck and I think a fatter (i.e., wider) flare would look lame on a truck like mine that will be running a stock 18x8 rim and 275/65R18 tire combination. Is there an aftermarket slim black ABS flare available, and if so, does anyone have a suggested supplier?

The OEM ones work fine on trucks that didn't come with them. You just need to double sided tape them like in the past, no alterations to the truck are required.

2019Bhorn

Reaction score
So no drilling, or cutting, just some 3m tape, and use the holes in the lip???

Steveo

Reaction score
I also was going to have the two tone paint added to my Big Horn after I purchased it,until I got prices.Anywhere from $2900.00 to $3700.00.That did not include color matched fender flares.I would like to add small chrome trims around the wheel wells but cannot find them for a 2019.

banditsc

Reaction score
I also was going to have the two tone paint added to my Big Horn after I purchased it,until I got prices.Anywhere from $2900.00 to $3700.00.That did not include color matched fender flares.I would like to add small chrome trims around the wheel wells but cannot find them for a 2019.
Same here, wanted two tone, but wanted a Big Horn. DIdn't price out the paint, it was my plan, but after adding black fender flares and black side steps it was enough contrasting color for me.

TonyHill376

Reaction score
Here are some pictures everything is good only thing is the 3m mounting tape I don’t know if I mounted them wrong but since I put double the tape for thickness now it has a little gap. I will be removing them later to see if I can mount them better but overall it came out good

Would this be the same rear flares for a 6’4” bed ?? I’m assuming the wells are the same dimensions. Thanks

bmobuell

Reaction score
Crap crap crap.
I should have know that the front flares are a bit shorter for the shorter front painted cover.

bmobuell

Reaction score
BTW , FWIW.....The last part number is
5ZH15GXHAC for the LR Rebel flare.

bmobuell

Reaction score
If I can get access to the mopar flare kit I will post the number here. They have fake rivit detents, and don’t use any holes in the fender face to attach.
Fit all non rebel.

Lonestar21

Reaction score
This Thread got all confusing with the parts numbers people are adding I will stick to the OP part numbers For the oem flares.
I don’t know why people added the Rebel flare numbers as the rebels already come with the flares stock

Lonestar21

Reaction score
MOPAR has a pocket flare kit? :rolleyes:

A “concept Mopar truck ” has them in the auto show. Nothing out yet, again confusing information being put out. No one has information about this and if they will be the same as the current flares that require mounting holes etc...

bmobuell

Reaction score
I’ve seen and installed the new mopar flares coming out.
That pic of the low mopar truck has the pocket mopar flares but they are smooth and painted. Not sure mopar will offer the smooth paintable versions. But I do know they will have the textured black ones. No part number yet tho. Not released.
And the mopar pocket flares do not have clips to go into factory flare equipped trucks. Mopar ones use tape.

Users who are viewing this thread