5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fender Flares

banditsc

Reaction score
Thanks saved me from ordering a set off the amazon

The online Mopar parts places should be able to get the parts. The only one I had an issue with was the front left, it was on backorder. But I did get a list of dealers that had one in stock, if you need the list, let me know.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
EGR fender flares are available now. Just saw a listing on ebay for the 2019s.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
That’s good news...

Attachments

• D737E0D3-C2B3-4D69-9856-665A6419C307.jpeg
    D737E0D3-C2B3-4D69-9856-665A6419C307.jpeg
    197.5 KB · Views: 215

Yeeyee

Reaction score
I got a reply from a online Mopar parts seller. Attached is the parts diagram for the fender flares.

From what I gathered from the diagram the below is needed.

6FX92TZZAB Rear Right
6FX93TZZAB Front Right
6FX90TZZAB Front Right
6FX91TZZAB Front Left
68349566AB Spat Front Right
68349567AB Spat Front Left
68307196AA Spat Rear Right
68307197AA Spat Rear Left

Are these the correct part numbers by chance, I have been looking everywhere to buy the flares? Also, where did you end up purchasing them from and how did the tape work out over the clips?

Lonestar21

Reaction score
Are these the correct part numbers by chance, I have been looking everywhere to buy the flares? Also, where did you end up purchasing them from and how did the tape work out over the clips?

I keep wondering the same. I got a quote for all the necessary parts but I don’t know if cutting off the clips and just adding tape will work
But I got these for parts

-6FX92TZZAC Mopar Molding-Wheel Opening Flare

-6FX93TZZAC Mopar Molding-Wheel Opening Flare

-6FX90TZZAD Mopar Molding-Wheel Opening flare

-6FX91TZZAC Mopar Molding-Wheel Opening Flare

-6510827AA Mopar Wheelhouse Liner Screw
-6510175AA Splash Shield Screw

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
FYI - Rough Country has flares available now. They don't look like they stick out much though.

banditsc

Reaction score
Been meaning to update the thread.

It does seem to be working out with a couple tweaks. For the clips, I clipped the heads off instead of removing them, so all that is left is the smooth white plastic clip. I did this so the tape is closer to the truck, the flares have a lip, so the tape would have a hard time contacting the body. Also I would double layer the tape on the clips for the thickness. The other tweak is the front mounting holes on the front flares. I elongated the first three holes on the flare towards the front of the truck. This allowed me to push the flare in further and tighten down on the bolts while pushing in, it left the flares pretty flush. The front side of the front flares were the only areas that didn't push in flush by themselves, but elongating the holes fixed that.

I also added the new spats in my original parts list, they are different then non flares, but only like $5 a piece. I didn't need the bolts, but that might be because I have the wheel well liner option.

If your not planning on painting them, I found the black coating they come with is not very durable, it scratches off easily. I ended up cleaning them up, using some adhesion promoter and matte black plastic bumper and trim paint on them.

Attachments

• IMG_20180917_141927.jpg
    IMG_20180917_141927.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 467

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well I got the first fender flare so far and it wasn't what I was expecting. Apparently the fenders have holes drilled in them for the factory fender flares, I was expecting double sided tape like they use to use. I will probably remove all those clips and get some double sided tape to attach them.
I was just looking under my truck and noticed this. Seems like they went to a more permanent mount possibly to get rid of the tape issues from pulling away. If you cut the nuns flush and use a high quality 3m tape, it should work fine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looking forward to pictures of the flares on your truck. Good info in this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread