5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fender Flares

BigHorn-SV

Reaction score
Do you recall how many screws of each part number did you end up ordering to install the flares and spats on your truck?

Also, did you end up buying 6 spats for your truck (i.e., 3 for the left side and 3 for the right side)?
Been meaning to update the thread.

It does seem to be working out with a couple tweaks. For the clips, I clipped the heads off instead of removing them, so all that is left is the smooth white plastic clip. I did this so the tape is closer to the truck, the flares have a lip, so the tape would have a hard time contacting the body. Also I would double layer the tape on the clips for the thickness. The other tweak is the front mounting holes on the front flares. I elongated the first three holes on the flare towards the front of the truck. This allowed me to push the flare in further and tighten down on the bolts while pushing in, it left the flares pretty flush. The front side of the front flares were the only areas that didn't push in flush by themselves, but elongating the holes fixed that.

I also added the new spats in my original parts list, they are different then non flares, but only like $5 a piece. I didn't need the bolts, but that might be because I have the wheel well liner option.

If your not planning on painting them, I found the black coating they come with is not very durable, it scratches off easily. I ended up cleaning them up, using some adhesion promoter and matte black plastic bumper and trim paint on them.

Thanks for creating this post. Your Big Horn looks great with the flares. I've ordered a Big Horn and it's due here in about 8 weeks. I want to add the flares like you did to your truck.

Did you end up buying 6 spats for your truck (i.e., 3 for the left side and 3 for the right side)?

Also, how many screws of each part number (i.e., 06510827AA & 06510175AA) did you need to install the flares and spats on your truck?

banditsc

Reaction score
Do you recall how many screws of each part number did you end up ordering to install the flares and spats on your truck?

Also, did you end up buying 6 spats for your truck (i.e., 3 for the left side and 3 for the right side)?

Thanks for creating this post. Your Big Horn looks great with the flares. I've ordered a Big Horn and it's due here in about 8 weeks. I want to add the flares like you did to your truck.

Did you end up buying 6 spats for your truck (i.e., 3 for the left side and 3 for the right side)?

Also, how many screws of each part number (i.e., 06510827AA & 06510175AA) did you need to install the flares and spats on your truck?

I bought the new spats, four total, two for the front and two for the rear. I actually reused all the existing screws, I also have the wheel well liners, so not sure if that changes things. I actually did buy two screws as I had two missing, I swear they were missing from the factory, I have yet to find those two screws in the garage.

Lonestar21

Reaction score

I just installed the oem flares on my big horn this weekend like said above just 4 spats total 2 front, 2 back. If you don’t have the wheel well liners you will need 8 total screws the rest come with the truck already

BigHorn-SV

Reaction score
I bought the new spats, four total, two for the front and two for the rear. I actually reused all the existing screws, I also have the wheel well liners, so not sure if that changes things. I actually did buy two screws as I had two missing, I swear they were missing from the factory, I have yet to find those two screws in the garage.

OK thanks. It's just I saw in one of your posts on page 2 that you added some spats to your initial list on page 1 and then when I looked at the <<FENDERFLARE.pdf>> diagram, thought you might've added item #10; SPAT, Box Side, Front. Good to know that's not the case. I'll take those two items off the list I'm sending to the dealership where I'm buying my truck. Parts Manager said he'd give me a discount on anything I want for the truck.

BigHorn-SV

Reaction score
I just installed the oem flares on my big horn this weekend like said above just 4 spats total 2 front, 2 back. If you don’t have the wheel well liners you will need 8 total screws the rest come with the truck already

Gonna share a pic of them installed?

BigHorn-SV

Reaction score
Looking forward to your pics. Yup, "more agressive" exactly why I am choosing to do this mod. I was gonna make mine Big Horn a Rebel clone (without black rocker paint), but with OEM Rebel wheels, blacked-out grill, black powder-coated bumpers, but am gonna wait and do mods one at a time once I get the truck - starting with the fender flares.

Lonestar21

Reaction score
Looking forward to your pics. Yup, "more agressive" exactly why I am choosing to do this mod. I was gonna make mine Big Horn a Rebel clone (without black rocker paint), but with OEM Rebel wheels, blacked-out grill, black powder-coated bumpers, but am gonna wait and do mods one at a time once I get the truck - starting with the fender flares.

Here are some pictures everything is good only thing is the 3m mounting tape I don’t know if I mounted them wrong but since I put double the tape for thickness now it has a little gap. I will be removing them later to see if I can mount them better but overall it came out good

Attachments

• 868E4ECF-8CB8-4B61-A945-A13D222184B9.jpeg
    868E4ECF-8CB8-4B61-A945-A13D222184B9.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 493
  • CE59E5B3-F81E-4568-B904-FF1B7B938F18.jpeg
    CE59E5B3-F81E-4568-B904-FF1B7B938F18.jpeg
    966.1 KB · Views: 501
  • 7FBD6C0D-0F71-422B-9205-74FE0F37970C.jpeg
    7FBD6C0D-0F71-422B-9205-74FE0F37970C.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 484

banditsc

Reaction score
Did you loosen up the bolts and try to push in hard and tighten them down? You can also elongate the holes so you can push them in more .

Lonestar21

Reaction score
Did you loosen up the bolts and try to push in hard and tighten them down? You can also elongate the holes so you can push them in more .

No :oops:
I remember you told me to do that but that’s the only thing I didn’t do. But now that you mentioned it I think that should help it close the gap I will definitely will have to redo it again soon

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have IMG_3291.JPG IMG_3406.JPG IMG_3296.JPG IMG_2910.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: Taz

bmobuell

Reaction score
The part num previously listed are for the primer black ones. If you want Rebel blackbtextured ones, the part numbers are .....
6EK56GXHAD
6EK57GXHAD
5ZH14GXHAC
5ZH14GXHAC

They mount with holes in the fenders.

Also mopar accessories will be releasing a slightly wider ones that mount with tape for guys without the holes in the fenders. Checkout the mopar trucks, that have been to Detroit and LA auto shows.

Bram2019

Reaction score
The part num previously listed are for the primer black ones. If you want Rebel blackbtextured ones, the part numbers are .....
6EK56GXHAD
6EK57GXHAD
5ZH14GXHAC
5ZH14GXHAC

Also mopar accessories will be releasing a slightly wider ones that mount with tape for guys without the holes in the fenders. Checkout the mopar trucks, that have been to Detroit and LA auto shows.
Part number for the new wider flares or other reference. I am interested.

BigHorn-SV

Reaction score
6EK56GXHAD
6EK57GXHAD
5ZH14GXHAC
5ZH14GXHAC

Thanks a ton! The Rebel ones are exactly what I want - good catch. I will update the parts list send to my local dealer for purchase.

Also, can you check the part numbers listed above? The last two you listed are the same...

Last edited:

2019Bhorn

Reaction score
Here are some pictures everything is good only thing is the 3m mounting tape I don’t know if I mounted them wrong but since I put double the tape for thickness now it has a little gap. I will be removing them later to see if I can mount them better but overall it came out good
DO these come painted??

19Jake

Reaction score
What? Aren't Rebel front fenders the same as Laramie/Limited?
identical fenders stamped for flare clips
bumper, fascia, front flares, grille, skid plate...unique to REBEL
slimmer fascia between headlight & REBEL bumper = shorter flare
IMG_2604.JPG IMG_2615.JPG CjBfEpzSAK5._UX970_TTW__.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online