5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FCA Wishlist

19RamLimited

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I agree with a lot of the posts so far. Cargo Cam for sure. Trailer tow package similar to Ford with side view cameras and an option to extend camera to back of trailer. I feel they have this incredible class leading screen but are behind on camera tech.

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Been talked about and not a truck mod, but with all the delivery delays (and certainly associated tangible and intangible costs) if they put a good leader in charge how fast might FCA/Ram start up a new truck factory pickup/factory tour option instead of waiting weeks/months for room on the rails?

@RamCares send this to some young executive who wants Ram to stand out from the other US brands and make a splash. ;)

Do a cost/benefit design to be financially neutral at worst. Lots of corporate FCA experience with these programs to compare to I’ll bet, important to keep it to American tastes.

NEEDS: Reservation system, nice looking storage/delivery lot and transfer/movement system, on-call transport from airport, lodging if requested, reception center, trained inspectors for walk around, “good feeling” acceptance ceremony... and a sunset to drive off into! Hire a good Detroit tourism professional (theme park model?) to guide it and put it all together.

Buyer would pay a reasonable fee for the experience, while Ram saves the transportation costs. Dealers still get credit for the sale.
$ Bronze, one day, reception w/ snacks, factory tour, truck reveal, inspect, accept and drive off.
$$$ Silver, two days, lodging, Detroit tour and dinner, breakfast, morning “premium” factory tour, plus all other Bronze activities.
$$$$$ Gold. Test track tours? SRT racetrack experience? Driving obstacle course highlighting truck features like dealers get? “Build-a-Bear” but it’s a whole truck, and meet the oompa loompas! (JK)

Last edited:

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Been talked about and not a truck mod, but with all the delivery delays (and certainly associated tangible and intangible costs) if they put a good leader in charge how fast might FCA/Ram start up a new truck factory pickup/factory tour option instead of waiting weeks/months for room on the rails?

@RamCares send this to some young executive who wants Ram to stand out from the other US brands and make a splash. ;)

Do a cost/benefit design to be financially neutral at worst. Lots of corporate FCA experience with these programs to compare to I’ll bet, important to keep it to American tastes.

NEEDS: Reservation system, nice looking storage/delivery lot and transfer/movement system, on-call transport from airport, lodging if requested, reception center, trained inspectors for walk around, “good feeling” acceptance ceremony... and a sunset to drive off into! Hire a good Detroit tourism professional (theme park model?) to guide it and put it all together.

Buyer would pay a reasonable fee for the experience, while Ram saves the transporatation costs. Dealers still get credit for the sale.
$ Bronze, one day, reception w/ snacks, factory tour, truck reveal, inspect, accept and drive off.
$$$ Silver, two days, lodging, Detroit tour and dinner, breakfast, morning “premium” factory tour, plus all other Bronze activities.
$$$$$ Gold. Test track tours? SRT racetrack experience? Driving obstacle course highlighting truck features like dealers get? “Build-a-Bear” but it’s a whole truck, and meet the oompa loompas! (JK)

In high school they took us out on the proving grounds in Chelsea, so it's definitely something they could do. Honestly this would be a fantastic experience. I don't know if im saying that because im originally from the area so I'd potentially be knocking out two birds with one stone (ie. visit family), as opposed to someone coming from Texas who may not want to experience Detroit...ever lol. BUT, no matter where you're from, a tour of the factory, a possible track day in the hellcat vehicles, some white glove service to receiving the truck would make for an incredible experience. I'd certainly pay a few grand for that.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
1. Totally customizable options list. If I want the tow package without the tow mirrors for the 360 cam, I'm ordering damnit, make it happen.

2. Mopar accessories and parts available on the line, at time of manufacturing. If I want a level kit and a mopar CAI... I want it done with factory warranty and prior to delivery.

3. Specific de-badging. If I don't want RAM on the tailgate, I'll gladly pay $100 to have it deleted.

4. Comfort and luxury options on all trims. Ventilated seats, reclining rears with heat... I want those. Sorry sir, if you want our Rebel... no mas.

habu987

Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All
Reaction score
One more wish list item--further weight reduction, to the point that the heaviest model is sub-5000 lbs.

Probably pie in the sky, since it's the creature comforts that add a lot of the weight compared to the lower trims, but still.

Kramersp

Reaction score
1) refocus initial quality (the small stuff)
2) more input from customers more thought in complete design (really? Same ol tow mirrors? No 360 with TTP?)
3) more investment in new vehicle materials. Aluminum infrastructure is there now and c'mon, carbon fiber was a no brainer.
4) pay your interior designer anything he/she wants because WOW.
5) put that TT L6 moter through its paces before launching it. Not just on the dyno testing, but in a truck. Beat it good. Tow with 11k lbs in death valley, race it in baha, tow 11k in the northwest territories with the air suspension, ect. Then actually work out all the bugs and do it all again.

habu987

Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All
Reaction score
Talked to a friend over the weekend who has a beat up base 2004 F-150 XLT. We started talking about desired powertrains, based on the 2019 F-150 Limited getting the Raptor engine, and without me telling him about my thoughts on future engines, he said he'd love a diesel hybrid that supplements the highway efficiency and muscular torque with the city fuel economy of a hybrid.

Great minds think alike! :D

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Here are a couple of things I hope get addressed in current model, in a software update:

- You can set a delay on the backup camera to stay on when shifting out of reverse. The time is 10 seconds. I would like for it to stay on and just disable when a certain speed is achieved (currently 6 MPH, but it still has the 10 second timer).

- Vehicle travel guidelines would also be nice on the front camera. Mercedes has this and front camera turns on when switching from R to D, to aid in parking.

- Ability to adjust brightness on the cameras. Sometimes it's just too bright.

- Screen auto-dimming is too dark. During twilight, where it's dark but not dark enough, the screen dims to the point where you can barely see it. There is a setting for manual mode, but when left in auto, it's just too much. I will have to play with the settings and see if I can tweak it thought.

- Auto zoom navigation. There's a setting to auto-zoom or not. When left in "no auto zoom, navigation does not retain the last zoom level chosen. Could be bug, not sure, but would like to remember the last zoom selected instead of having to resort to auto-zoom feature.

- Stored settings: This is pretty cool. It even retains the media source so pressing the memory button adjusts the seats, mirrors, and seat heating/cooling. I did notice that the seat cooling comes back on in low instead of high like I had it set. IDK. May be working as designed, but would like it to retain the setting chosen.

- Need a configurable setting for rear door locks to unlock when stopping the engine just like it does for the front doors. Right now, I have to unlock manually to let people out from the front door, or they have to pull on the manual lock knobs, which are kind of short and stiff (perhaps they will loosen with time).

- Center information display in instrument cluster - Moving up/down between the different menus could be faster. There's a slight lag which becomes apparent when you have to move through several screens, so it would be great if they could speed up scrolling through the menus.

- Auto-folding mirrors when shutting down the engine. I've had it on all my other vehicles. This is a must, specially on these huge mirrors.

Added to list on Feb 2019:

- Truck's thermometer takes way too long to update.

- I would love for reg. start / remote-start to remember if my seat was in cooling / heating mode, and resume where I left off.

- Or... make the temp trigger for seats configurable in UConnect. Right now, seat warming comes on <40 and cooling at >80. I pretty much always want my seats turned on <50 and >70, and even if it is 39 degrees, the built-in thermometer takes forever to update (specially in Houston weather where we can have 70 deg at lunch time, and be around 40 a couple of hours later. So remote starting to get the seats warm does nothing. This could easily be programmed in UConnect. Let the end user configure it to their liking.

Neurobit

Last edited:

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
1. 360 view w/ tow mirrors
2. Power fold tow mirrors
3. Utility rails on bed floor like my Titan. These proved to be incredibly useful on multiple occasions and never got in the way.
4. Aux/trailer camera inputs for Uconnect
5. Sport/monochromatic package for limited trim
5. Heads up display
6. GMC multipro style tailgate
7. Different interior options for Rebel. I don't like the red.
8. Make advanced safety group available on all trim levels without requiring a ton of other packages.

The power fold tow mirrors will be coming. I saw a window sticker of a truck in transit when I was searching and it listed Power Fold Tow Mirrors.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Crew cab 8' bed 1500, atleast with the quad cab.

Get the stuff Mopar promised released.

The TRX will take care of the dream list...wish the price could be lower (but that goes for all trucks, including used)

The hydro blue, sublime, and night editions to return...and high impact colors on Rebel just these colors having the 392 hemi. (Hills Green and Macho Mango)

A manual transmission for every engine (but this is a driver thing not a FCA issue, people abandoned them)

The Powerwagon package, that is currently offered on the Tradesman 2500 to be available with Regular Cab longbed.

ProMaster StreetVan

A Hellcat and a Redeye version of the Regular Cab shortbed...like the SRT 10 and Lil Red express

I can go on and on...

Users who are viewing this thread