5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FCA Wishlist

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
1. Open up Uconnect to third party app developers
2. Trailer back-up camera display on Uconnect
3. Blue tooth headset support (both received and transmit)

speedgtp

Reaction score
360 - Camera in tow mirrors. (Like ford) Power tow mirrors. (Like ford) Massage seats would be awesome in the limited.

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I also think a dash cam should be in all vehicles as standard equipment. While I was back in Florida picking up this truck there was a fatal crash that multiple eye witnesses claimed a red Chevy with a Florida specialty tag caused it and was a hit and run. The guy in the red Chevy luckily had a dash cam that clearly showed he had nothing to do with it. It did show the Mustang spinning across his path and crashing head on into an oncoming vehicle.

I really need to check Into them.

habu987

Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All
Reaction score
Some of these are pretty out there, doubt they'd happen during the DT lifetime, if ever, and they're mostly targeted at the Longhorn/Limited trim levels:
  • Diesel hybrid (plug in?) with total output of 350+ hp, 500+ lbft, 30+ mpg highway
    • The battery would be big enough to use as a generator when parked
  • Massage seats
  • HUD
  • Absurd sound system as an option above the HK, something like the B&O in the upper end Audis
  • Valet service appointments for Longhorn/Limited owners where they pick up your truck for service appointments
  • "Ram Select" design options during the ordering process that allow you to select custom paint and interior colors like the Germans do
  • A Mopar tailgating accessory package that includes a swingout grill that attaches to the utility rails
  • A native Android OS on the center stack with OTA updates, no uConnect (this is on my wishlist for every manufacturer out there, not just Ram)

JXL118

Reaction score
1. 360 view w/ tow mirrors
2. Power fold tow mirrors
3. Utility rails on bed floor like my Titan. These proved to be incredibly useful on multiple occasions and never got in the way.
4. Aux/trailer camera inputs for Uconnect
5. Sport/monochromatic package for limited trim
5. Heads up display
6. GMC multipro style tailgate
7. Different interior options for Rebel. I don't like the red.
8. Make advanced safety group available on all trim levels without requiring a ton of other packages.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
1. 360 view w/ tow mirrors
2. Power fold tow mirrors
3. Utility rails on bed floor like my Titan. These proved to be incredibly useful on multiple occasions and never got in the way.
4. Aux/trailer camera inputs for Uconnect
5. Sport/monochromatic package for limited trim
5. Heads up display
6. GMC multipro style tailgate
7. Different interior options for Rebel. I don't like the red.
8. Make advanced safety group available on all trim levels without requiring a ton of other packages.

1) Agreed and likely coming, I just don't know when
2) Agreed as well, Fords tow mirrors would be good to emulate
3) I've always thought those would be useful
4) Agreed
5) I heard a rumor thats coming when the refresh hits
6) It looks like thats coming as well
7) Agreed
8) Also a good idea, all new Toyotas come standard with something comparable.

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Parking Lot Defense Mode - ok....not a thing but Elon Musk would make it a thing. At tight parking spots like airports or sporting event parking, I'll raise the truck all the way up and deploy the running boards. It virtually renders any shopping cart or car door powerless. It'd be fun to have a "you pick what function you want" on the key fob and have this be an option.

How does the HUD patent work? I know Honda, BMW and GM have it (and maybe more). I cant figure out why any manufacturer wouldn't include it.

sgk

Reaction score
More exterior and interior colours, some cranberry leather seats would be nice.

Zeronet

Ram Guru
Reaction score
#1 on my wish list - Please can we have power folding and power deployable tow mirrors with 360 camera. It was a HUGE mistake to not have these for the 2019 launch.

#2 I know we have barely seen any eTorques yet but it’s a wish list so here goes. Since electrification seems to be the way FCA is going, how about an upgrade to the eTorque system that actually ADDS torque at higher engine rpm to really improve acceleration and performance. As opposed to the under 1500 rpm (maybe 2000 rpm depending on which Ram engineer you listen to) offered for 2019 which is mostly about mpg. We haven’t seen any real HP/torque increase in a while and the competition is not standing still. Oh and I still need to tow and haul with it, so not just a specialty performance motor, a motor for the masses.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
#1 on my wish list - Please can we have power folding and power deployable tow mirrors with 360 camera. It was a HUGE mistake to not have these for the 2019 launch.

#2 I know we have barely seen any eTorques yet but it’s a wish list so here goes. Since electrification seems to be the way FCA is going, how about an upgrade to the eTorque system that actually ADDS torque at higher engine rpm to really improve acceleration and performance. As opposed to the under 1500 rpm (maybe 2000 rpm depending on which Ram engineer you listen to) offered for 2019 which is mostly about mpg. We haven’t seen any real HP/torque increase in a while and the competition is not standing still. Oh and I still need to tow and haul with it, so not just a specialty performance motor, a motor for the masses.

New mass market engine is coming as well.

Users who are viewing this thread