5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

F-150 Lightning Epic tow test fail

RamSteel

Reaction score
Thanks for mentioning this. I have a cordless drill, and trimmer so I feel better about myself now. ;)
Awesome! My friend has a full-on Ryobi riding mower and just had to replace the batteries after three years...ouch. He feels good about the thing but it's also not ready to supplant commercial mowers. We really do use a lot of battery-powered lawn tools but the mowers are gas. 5 acres on battery is not happening :)

@JC

Reaction score
Awesome! My friend has a full-on Ryobi riding mower and just had to replace the batteries after three years...ouch. He feels good about the thing but it's also not ready to supplant commercial mowers. We really do use a lot of battery-powered lawn tools but the mowers are gas. 5 acres on battery is not happening :)
Well why don't you just do a 1/3 of the yard and sit back with a beverage while the batteries charge, what do you mean you need to do it all in one sitting? Jeez you're only comparing extreme situations, batteries are obviously better, yada yada, why don't you just relax and go slow like in the old days when we pushed a reel around until you collapsed from exhaustion... /s :p

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The obvious solution here is horses. When you need to go somewhere (pulling something or not), the horse can get you there. And when it's time to refuel your ride, it will take care of the lawn for you.
Boom! Two birds with one stone.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well why don't you just do a 1/3 of the yard and sit back with a beverage while the batteries charge, what do you mean you need to do it all in one sitting?
You mean you don't already take beverage breaks when mowing? You're doing it wrong if you don't. Of course most modern riding mowers have cup holders to hold your beer so you can drink and mow. Nothing like starting out with straight lines, and ending up with looking like you are avoiding trees that aren't there.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The obvious solution here is horses. When you need to go somewhere (pulling something or not), the horse can get you there. And when it's time to refuel your ride, it will take care of the lawn for you.
I bet a governor whose name rhymes with gruesome would love that. Less strain on the grid from electric vehicle charging. Although, there will be the big issue of global warming from horse farts.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I don't know about that. Some governments say that animals create too much CO2 when they breathe, not to mention the methane from the horse farts. batteries dont do that!

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I’ll just drop this here.

Good thing the Raptor didn’t fit on the trailer. If it did he’d be sitting on the side of the road with a dead Lightning and would have to pull the gas guzzling Raptor off to save the day.😆

Last edited:

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I’ll just drop this here.

Good thing the Raptor didn’t fit on the trailer. If it did he’d be sitting on the side of the road with a dead Lightning and would have to pull the gas guzzling Raptor off to save the day.😆
In b4 the EV crowd complains about you posting a realistic video about towing with an EV.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
What bothers me most is one of the main things they brag about with these EV’s is the towing capacity. What good is that with no range? That last video clearly shows just how laughable it is. I say if your gonna advertise towing capacity you better be able to back it up with some numbers that are acceptable to a majority of the customers.

Do you know why a Prius doesn’t advertise towing capacity? Because it’s not engineered for that. I would say that Lightning fits that mold pretty well unless your only towing very short distances.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
What bothers me most is one of the main things they brag about with these EV’s is the towing capacity. What good is that with no range? That last video clearly shows just how laughable it is. I say if your gonna advertise towing capacity you better be able to back it up with some numbers that are acceptable to a majority of the customers.

Do you know why a Prius doesn’t advertise towing capacity? Because it’s not engineered for that. I would say that Lightning fits that mold pretty well unless your only towing very short distances.
It's a truck, towing capacity is a feature of a truck. Being able to tow X amount of weight safely is the towing capacity. Range is a different metric that effects EVs and is not going to be great until battery technology vastly improves

Goes back to my comments that when ICE vehicle were first produced, many of the same issues were effecting it, and being used by the deniers to say how bad ICE vehicles were. Now look at us

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I can't image how much pollution those burning batteries put off, probably enough to run several thousand gas trucks for 10 years.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I can't image how much pollution those burning batteries put off, probably enough to run several thousand gas trucks for 10 years.
Yup. And the firefighters can’t even put the fire out. So it’s gonna pollute until it’s finished burning.

Users who are viewing this thread