5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exhaust

Neyland1500

Reaction score
I'm 2 weeks into owning my 2020 limited with the all black package, 3.92 gears,33 gallon tank. Coming from a 2013 Tahoe LTZ, this Ram blows the doors off my Tahoe in every category. I'm looking at CORSA cat back sport exhaust. Corsa supposedly has ZERO drone.
You sound just like myself... I traded my 2011 Tahoe LTZ two weeks ago for the 2019 Ram 1500 Limited. It feels like I was living in the Middle Ages. Had a 2004 Chevy 1500 Z71 before that and I loved that thing. Granted I went bonkers and added everything except exhaust. Attaching a photo of my old truck and my new Ram. Crazy how far ahead Ram is in comparison to GM. It was a shame as I was a diehard Chevy guy.

Attachments

• F6326490-FF39-4435-BD32-7EE1E6FBFD8A.jpeg
    F6326490-FF39-4435-BD32-7EE1E6FBFD8A.jpeg
    245.9 KB · Views: 63
  • 47201728-EFBA-4FDD-A9A2-4F54ECB0A832.jpeg
    47201728-EFBA-4FDD-A9A2-4F54ECB0A832.jpeg
    261.9 KB · Views: 64
  • 4CB65544-706A-4D67-B798-C11DC0FD45C7.jpeg
    4CB65544-706A-4D67-B798-C11DC0FD45C7.jpeg
    46.3 KB · Views: 59

kipeharris

Reaction score
Once again, you deliver. Thank you for taking the time to post these. Do you still feel the same about keeping the resonators for now, or are you already longing for a bit more rumble?

After watching the video that Dookie keeps providing us... Keep the resonators!

kipeharris

Reaction score
I had my PROXS installed yesterday, I told the guy at the desk (owners son) I wanted to keep my resonators on but he forgot to tell the installer. So now my resonators are sitting in my rambox and they will get me in within the next couple days to reinstall them. The drone is too much for me, clients could hear it while I talked to them on the phone. I have noticed from my 25 miles of driving once you reach cruising speed it levels out and is not bad but getting there, MDS & any inclines it drones .

SilverNight2020

Reaction score
I had my PROXS installed yesterday, I told the guy at the desk (owners son) I wanted to keep my resonators on but he forgot to tell the installer. So now my resonators are sitting in my rambox and they will get me in within the next couple days to reinstall them. The drone is too much for me, clients could hear it while I talked to them on the phone. I have noticed from my 25 miles of driving once you reach cruising speed it levels out and is not bad but getting there, MDS & any inclines it drones .
Thank you for that icing on the cake for my decision process. Hopefully you get yours done without delays.

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The vids are without the boat with MDS able to come on ( not tow/haul) while pulling my boat in tow/haul on the interstate it was fine. Never a problem talking in the cab and never bothered us at all. One guy slept the whole way down to the coast.

Here is a longer vid and windows down towards the end. Ignore that high pitch noise that was not my truck but was the POS Corolla in front of me. Think it was an idler bearing squealing.
deleted vid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

kipeharris

Reaction score
I still feel the same, they are staying on. This is exactly what I was hoping for and I'm not changing anything.
After driving again today, it is way too loud without resonators. I am sooo pissed they took them off and I have to go back for them to be reinstalled.

If you want to hear yourself think, DO NOT remove your resonators

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When they installed mine I was asked 3 times if I wanted to remove them, kept telling them no, leave them on, I'll remove later if I want to, but for now, I want to see what just the muffler nets me, so glad I did. Sorry about your problem Kip, but at least now you know what it will sound like without. Put up a vid if you can, I would like to hear that, and I'm sure others would as well.

kipeharris

Reaction score
When they installed mine I was asked 3 times if I wanted to remove them, kept telling them no, leave them on, I'll remove later if I want to, but for now, I want to see what just the muffler nets me, so glad I did. Sorry about your problem Kip, but at least now you know what it will sound like without. Put up a vid if you can, I would like to hear that, and I'm sure others would as well.

I made some videos today with my resonator delete. Lets honestly compare the two because I think mine is too loud!

Sorry ahead of time for the quality. I used my iphone.

https://youtu.be/B3ACjuMGMQc
https://youtu.be/Z3W9OAIQ2vI
https://youtu.be/rUf7xvYcT0U
https://youtu.be/AcRfOaSACk0

SilverNight2020

Reaction score
Well it is official, my Borla 40353 is on the way. Should be here next weekend and I cannot wait to get it installed. Read from another member on a different thread, I think, that he had the dealership swap his catback for him when he got his new truck. My dealership kind of owes me one, so I think I am going to try to squeeze a set of rear wheelwell liners and see if they will do the muffler install as well.

popcenator

Reaction score
I would be lying if I said I am not having fun driving it.... I don't know how long I will be able to stand it and it is killing my MPG.
Lol I understand that! It took me a while to get out of that phase when I put the S-Type on.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

kipeharris

Reaction score
Lol I understand that! It took me a while to get out of that phase when I put the S-Type on.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
My truck got pounded in a hail storm Wednesday. My elderly neighbor across the street noticed the PDR company giving me an estimate ($10,300). It was a bad storm busted out my wifes sunroof, pretty sure her car is totaled. She asked me if they were also going to be able to fix the noise my truck recently started making lol...

Attachments

• 12B9EA43-8CC3-4D7B-BE62-A86372E613F9.jpeg
    12B9EA43-8CC3-4D7B-BE62-A86372E613F9.jpeg
    161.5 KB · Views: 77
  • AD900046-0FAC-48E9-9669-A89D1A556C98.jpeg
    AD900046-0FAC-48E9-9669-A89D1A556C98.jpeg
    186.3 KB · Views: 78

Users who are viewing this thread