5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exhaust

Truckguy

Reaction score
My truck got pounded in a hail storm Wednesday. My elderly neighbor across the street noticed the PDR company giving me an estimate ($10,300). It was a bad storm busted out my wifes sunroof, pretty sure her car is totaled. She asked me if they were also going to be able to fix the noise my truck recently started making lol...
Woah!!!! That’s crazy. Sorry about your vehicles

popcenator

Reaction score
Yikes, that's terrible. Sorry to hear that. We had some bad hail last year.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

SilverNight2020

Reaction score
My truck got pounded in a hail storm Wednesday. My elderly neighbor across the street noticed the PDR company giving me an estimate ($10,300). It was a bad storm busted out my wifes sunroof, pretty sure her car is totaled. She asked me if they were also going to be able to fix the noise my truck recently started making lol...
Dude....that sucks. Hilarious though, what your neighbor said about that noise.

SilverNight2020

Reaction score
It's here! Now to find a reasonably priced installed if my dealership won't do it for me.

Attachments

• 15905455645402615314640161281061.jpg
    15905455645402615314640161281061.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 52

whetrick1

Reaction score
It's here! Now to find a reasonably priced installed if my dealership won't do it for me.

I went to a muffler shop and all he charged me was 40.00 to do it. That was even making 2 short pipes so he could hook up the dual tail pipes. So I gave him 60.00 for doing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine (Borla 40353) was $100 to install. I had to have an extension pipe on backside, welded it in the front, then 2 hangers welded onto the muffler and clamped to the extension pipe. He also installed it on an angle versus flat, I think for the hangers to work out. Not really sure why he did it the way he did, but no leaks, sounds terrific, and I'm happy.

Last edited:

SilverNight2020

Reaction score
I went to a muffler shop and all he charged me was 40.00 to do it. That was even making 2 short pipes so he could hook up the dual tail pipes. So I gave him 60.00 for doing it.

That's an excellent price if they did good work. I just got the same price quote as Dookie from two shops. Getting installed tomorrow.

SilverNight2020

Reaction score
Mine (Borla 40353) was $100 to install. I had to have an extension pipe on backside, welded it in the front, then 2 hangers welded onto the muffler and clamped to the extension pipe. He also installed it on an angle versus flat, I think for the hangers to work out. Not really sure why he did it the way he did, but no leaks, sounds terrific, and I'm happy.
I looked back at the previous posts, but I could not find where you said what you used to close the weep holes. I want to make mine completely reversible like you did, so what did you use again?

whetrick1

Reaction score
That's an excellent price if they did good work. I just got the same price quote as Dookie from two shops. Getting installed tomorrow.

They did an excellent job. His muffler shop has been in business for 40 yrs. Guaranted his work. It took him about 40 mins to do it. That's fabricating the 2 short pipes to hook up the tail pipes. He told me a lot of shops over charge and don't guarantee their work. So he told 40 and I just gave him a tip for being honest about it. And will take all of my business to him.

SilverNight2020

Reaction score
They did an excellent job. His muffler shop has been in business for 40 yrs. Guaranted his work. It took him about 40 mins to do it. That's fabricating the 2 short pipes to hook up the tail pipes. He told me a lot of shops over charge and don't guarantee their work. So he told 40 and I just gave him a tip for being honest about it. And will take all of my business to him.

Sitting at the dealership getting my headlights replaced right now. I have an appointment to get my muffler installed today when they are are finished. Got two quotes each for $100, so I guess that is the going rate in my area. Less than $200 for a muffler and install. Can't complain too much about that.

kipeharris

Reaction score
Just RTV Silicone, what I have/used is blue & rated at 450F, but any regular clear/black/red/blue RTV Silicone you buy should be fine.
So I recently got into it with the owner of the muffler shop who took off my resonators after I told them not too. He refused to fix it and wanted me to buy USED resonators from him then give me a "great discount" to install them... WHAT A JOKE!!

One of the bigger shops in town told me that if I put another resonator in front of the muffler and leave the rear two deleted it would solve the interior drone noise? Is this even logical or is there room for one?

Bighorned

Reaction score
I have the b2 magnaflow with rear resonator delete. I don't have any drone thankfully and it sounds great.

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I recently got into it with the owner of the muffler shop who took off my resonators after I told them not too. He refused to fix it and wanted me to buy USED resonators from him then give me a "great discount" to install them... WHAT A JOKE!!

One of the bigger shops in town told me that if I put another resonator in front of the muffler and leave the rear two deleted it would solve the interior drone noise? Is this even logical or is there room for one?
Damn man, can't catch a break, so they cut yours off after you told them not to, then said he threw them or scrapped them and want to sell you some used ones that are likely YOUR OWN back to you at a discount???? Me and this d0uche bag would be rolling around in the parking lot and somebody would be bleeding.

A second resonator upfront will help quiet it down I'm sure, but not sure it will solve/cure drone. I believe that is what the rears are meant for. If you don't have another choice, give it a shot I guess. Maybe a member on here who deleted them on purpose has a set they will donate to the cause and you can pay to ship.

SilverNight2020

Reaction score

I am sorry to hear that. Screws you one and then trying to screw you again...

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Wow...that's a BBB report and Google review for sure!

SilverNight2020

Reaction score
The install is complete. I love the sound, cannot imagine having anything louder. I took some sound clips but didn't like how much background noise there was. I'm plugging the weep holes today and I will post a cold start in the morning.

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's just about perfect for me, tone, volume, and depth. Small amount of drone in MDS mode, but not bad at all.

Users who are viewing this thread