5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exhaust

SilverNight2020

Reaction score
Just RTV Silicone, what I have/used is blue & rated at 450F, but any regular clear/black/red/blue RTV Silicone you buy should be fine.
How long did you let it dry after applying? Package says 24 hours, but I just applied it and I have a trailer to pick up at 8 in the morning. You think I am going to mess up the cure?

SilverNight2020

Reaction score
It's just about perfect for me, tone, volume, and depth. Small amount of drone in MDS mode, but not bad at all.
I agree completely. Also props on getting the videos while driving. I tried and really did not like the results. Glad someone like you knows what they are doing, to make up for the less qualified like myself.

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Forgot to mention, let me know if you notice any difference with the weep holes plugged versus not. I plugged mine prior to installing of the muffler, just curious.

SilverNight2020

Reaction score
Forgot to mention, let me know if you notice any difference with the weep holes plugged versus not. I plugged mine prior to installing of the muffler, just curious.
Currently uploading a video after weep holes plugged. Honestly could not hear the paper bag noise after the Borla was installed. I am curious if it would have been more obvious after sitting for a night and doing a true cold start, but too late for that now.

_StangPGH

Reaction score
B2 Fab Magnaflow still turns a head or two out and about. You'd swear it's stock 90 percent of the time but volume is there if you want it via the right pedal.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Checkmate251

Reaction score
Being installed right now. Not expecting a ton of difference without the resonators being removed. I did plug the weep holes in the resonators (4 each side).
What does plugging the weep holes do, and how do you do it?

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's hard to capture the real sound of it in person, in the video you can hear the real tone of it kinda in the background noise. The deepest note you hear is the main note you truly hear in person. The higher-pitched tones in videos take away from what it actually sounds like.
The more I drive it the more I like it, hope you will too.

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What does plugging the weep holes do, and how do you do it?
You can do it any way you like, but I chose to fill them with RTV, easy, I have some, and reversible if I want to.
I've heard many sound clips of many exhausts on these trucks and you can hear what sounds like a plastic bag flapping in the wind, and some popping when the exhaust is in deceleration, people attribute that to the weep holes in the rear resonators, so you plug them to alleviate that sound pollution. I plugged mine prior to adding the Borla 40353, and it doesn't have those issues, just a clean deep exhaust note, that my ears like.

SilverNight2020

Reaction score
It's hard to capture the real sound of it in person, in the video you can hear the real tone of it kinda in the background noise. The deepest note you hear is the main note you truly hear in person. The higher-pitched tones in videos take away from what it actually sounds like.
The more I drive it the more I like it, hope you will too.
Pulling the trailer this morning and it sounds amazing, especially in the lower gears.

Attachments

• 15907627591234712444333073592774.jpg
    15907627591234712444333073592774.jpg
    241.3 KB · Views: 63

SilverNight2020

Reaction score
Decided to see if there is any difference between the cold start sounds; first one in the garage, second obviously after sitting outside overnight. Honestly thought the garage one would sound significantly different with the truck backed up to a wall.

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was on the passenger side and went around the front to get in the drivers side. I have a fence on the other side that makes it a little tight to get through.

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just wanted to double check before I do it. I really like the sound you guys have. Can't decide if I wanna do this or the sway bar next. :ROFLMAO:

I see Dookie said he went with the 40353 but I feel like I've seen other ppl say 40359? I'm assuming 40353 is correct for the offsets?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread