5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exhaust

SilverNight2020

Reaction score
Search that number on here and Google. What I have come across on here is a short clip of a cold start on a 2019, Google yields other rams but not many/any 5th gen's. Mine will be installed next week if you can wait, I'll post up a good vid.
Anxiously awaiting your opinion and video

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Unable to get installed today, my usual guy is backed up, and option #2 has a 2 day wait. Will try tomorrow.

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Auto Tech on Airline near 44. North bound side. Option 2 is St Amant Muffler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sorry, been busy working on my boat.
I am very pleased with it. On a 1-10 scale, I’ll give it an 8. Small amount of drone in with MDS, nothing bad it unbearable, I keep it in tow/haul anyway. Small amount of drone from 1500-2000 rpm when in higher gear and giving throttle while under a load (pulling my boat), but it zips through that pretty quick. Overall tone is deep and bass like, but mellow and not obtrusive. Can hear it in the cab over my M/T tires humming but not loud volume. If y’all remember the magnaflow commercial with Mario Andrettti driving his yellow vette, that’s what it reminded me of as far as tone. It’s a gentlemen’s exhaust, refined yet will let you know it’s there when you are in it.
I will not be removing the resonators, I think plugging them was a good decision. No raspy or poppy sounds at all, just subtle, deep, and pleasant at idle.

If it didn’t drone at all (and its a very small amount) it would get a 10. Very happy with it.

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Forgot to mention, it is a lot more of a difference from stock than I was expecting based on the vids in the thread. That’s a positive not a negative.

Chuck19

Reaction score
Forgot to mention, it is a lot more of a difference from stock than I was expecting based on the vids in the thread. That’s a positive not a negative.

Thanks for your initial thoughts and feedback! I’m anxiously awaiting the vids!! I am still on the fence because I DD my truck for sales and am afraid the drone even though slight may where on my nerves over time. Just can’t pull the trigger and hoping your video helps me make a decision

kipeharris

Reaction score

I can't wait for the "daily driving" videos either. I am also in sales with a wife/baby. I have been staring at this muffler in my office for several days now and the itch is starting to become unbearable but I dont want to regret it.... I make a 5 hour road trip back and forth to DFW every couple weeks and that is another big factor for me.

kipeharris

Reaction score
I can't wait for the "daily driving" videos either. I am also in sales with a wife/baby. I have been staring at this muffler in my office for several days now and the itch is starting to become unbearable but I dont want to regret it.... I make a 5 hour road trip back and forth to DFW every couple weeks and that is another big factor for me.

Attachments

• IMG_5123.jpg
    IMG_5123.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 89

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I DD mine too and am in industrial sales and make long trips like I am this weekend (4 hours) pulling my boat. For me not at all going to be unbearable or nuisance to hear a phone call or speak to customers. I’ll do more testing with MDS engaged just to let you know. The little I did this eve, it wasn’t bad at all. Let me know what y’all want me to vid and I will do my best to oblige.

Chuck19

Reaction score
Wow you might be my doppelgänger :ROFLMAO:. I am in sales with a pregnant wife and a 22 month old. It doesn’t end their though,I also make a trip to Jacksonville which is about a 5 hour trip every 6 weeks or so!

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Lol Chuck. My youngest is 15, so not quite, but your baby should sleep well.
Here is three feet behind on cold start.

Users who are viewing this thread