5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exhaust Manifold Options

JOzzz

Reaction score
Damn! Hopefully I have better longevity than that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Great thread. I was planning on BBK shorties if something ever happened. Not sure if that would be better than stock or not.

What about flowtech?

Last edited:

2020GCM

Reaction score
I was also thinking of going with headers if mine ever cracked but if they give similar problems, I think I may just stick with factory manifolds just for the ease of changing them out vs headers (ie bolt access).

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

taco2ram

Reaction score
My truck is having both replaced under warranty today (2019 / 58k miles). Has anyone had the new parts crack or are they holding up better?

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My truck is having both replaced under warranty today (2019 / 58k miles). Has anyone had the new parts crack or are they holding up better?
It's too early to tell. The redesign was done less than a year ago.

stebo

Reaction score
I replaced my cracked stock manifolds with JBA shorties and now the JBA header on my passenger side has cracked and sounds worse than when the stock ones cracked. It's so bad, I can hear the tick while driving on the expressway. JBA has agreed to replace the cracked header, but I am going on two months waiting for the replacement. I feel like I'm driving an old beater. It's embarrassing to drive it like it is.

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I replaced my cracked stock manifolds with JBA shorties and now the JBA header on my passenger side has cracked and sounds worse than when the stock ones cracked. It's so bad, I can hear the tick while driving on the expressway. JBA has agreed to replace the cracked header, but I am going on two months waiting for the replacement. I feel like I'm driving an old beater. It's embarrassing to drive it like it is.
I've seen BBK, JBA and even AFE have issues.

TheWaterman83

Reaction score
Headers have been around so long and yet they still have issues like cast manifolds. 🙄

People seem to forget the abuse these things endure between heat, getting rapidly cooled from a hot state if you run over a puddle, numerous heat cycles, etc.

I rarely make an excuse for Mopar but it seems to be a running theme among so many manufacturers. They all seem to eventually go.

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
People seem to forget the abuse these things endure between heat, getting rapidly cooled from a hot state if you run over a puddle, numerous heat cycles, etc.

I rarely make an excuse for Mopar but it seems to be a running theme among so many manufacturers. They all seem to eventually go.
Yup. My `97 Expedition`s finally rusted out in 2016 with 240k miles on her.

stebo

Reaction score
Just a quick update on this issue. It took two months of waiting, but JBA sent me a replacement set of headers. I only asked for the passenger side, so I feel like they went above and beyond. Now I just have to find to to replace the cracked one.

stebo

Reaction score
Glad they sent me both, as both were cracked. Getting pretty good at doing a header swap on this vehicle.

Users who are viewing this thread