5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Engine stalled / shut off

LV426

Reaction score
That's bs ! I would refuse to pay monthly payments on something that sits for 3 months, regardless if they give me a loaner or not.
Yeah, unfortunately the banks give no ****s about things like that. It was not a good experience but I could only do so much. It was great when VW got busted with the diesel scandal and had to buy the damn thing back, the whole thing was crazy...

I can say that my ride to work every day consists of 16 lights to work, and 16 back. I generally hit most of them (it sucks) and that works the hell out of the start/stop system and it has not acted up once and trust me, I am always skeptical of it.

Now as for the "almost stall" glitch that I have experienced, I have no idea what's up with that but it was not under start/stop circumstances.

I hope you get it sorted out, it sucks letting these guys have to hack into a new truck already...

Last edited:

Snekpete

Reaction score
the techs said that they have been advised to replace the fuel injectors and the fuel rail
That's the first that I've heard of injectors and rails. It doesn't make any sense to me. Please keep us updated, thanks.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Sounds like BS. Injectors maybe if it was running bad. Probably electrical or ecu related.

RPP

Reaction score
Report submitted to NHTSA: Same exact issues with my 2022 Rebel 5.7L V8 Hemi E-Torque, currently at 2500 miles. Has shut off (4) times now. Three of those while turning from a rolling stop in a neighborhood (first start of day). Yesterday it shut off, E-brake applied and shifted itself to Park while slowing for speed bumps (first time it happened mid day). Took it to the dealership last week with no resolution and is back there since yesterday evening. Really wish I would have come across this thread before purchasing the truck 3 weeks ago, brand new. Seems like a pretty prevalent and serious safety issue that is being covered up and not tracked correctly. Will update when I get any information from dealership.

Also sent message to @RamCares but we will see how much they care.....

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Report submitted to NHTSA: Same exact issues with my 2022 Rebel 5.7L V8 Hemi E-Torque, currently at 2500 miles. Has shut off (4) times now. Three of those while turning from a rolling stop in a neighborhood (first start of day). Yesterday it shut off, E-brake applied and shifted itself to Park while slowing for speed bumps (first time it happened mid day). Took it to the dealership last week with no resolution and is back there since yesterday evening. Really wish I would have come across this thread before purchasing the truck 3 weeks ago, brand new. Seems like a pretty prevalent and serious safety issue that is being covered up and not tracked correctly. Will update when I get any information from dealership.

Also sent message to @RamCares but we will see how much they care.....
Hi RPP,
We care. We responded to your message, please take some time to review it and get back with us at your earliest convenience.

Rob
Ram Cares

Reactions: RPP

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Just heard from a friend with a 2021 F150 that his was doing something similar. Turns out there is a software bug which caused A.S.S. to malfuntion when Oil life is under 25%. Maybe FCA and Ford share this chip.

Nekroh11

Reaction score
This is really concerning. I too wish I had seen this thread before placing an order for a 2022 Rebel. I definitely would not have ordered the truck. I have two turns coming out of my place and heading to work which fall under these conditions and both would put me into significant danger due to high traffic if there is a stall.

This is not a problem that is ok to have going on.

RPP

Reaction score
This is really concerning. I too wish I had seen this thread before placing an order for a 2022 Rebel. I definitely would not have ordered the truck. I have two turns coming out of my place and heading to work which fall under these conditions and both would put me into significant danger due to high traffic if there is a stall.

It sucks that it is such a nice looking at comfortable truck only to have this major safety issue with no resolution. I am hoping that the NHTSA isn't waiting for something traumatic to happen before doing something about it.

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

EVERY new truck out there has its handful of what some consider safety issues some worse than others. For instance my last truck, the boosted brakes would randomly go out on you making it almost impossible to stop but it was a fairly rare issue.

So Take things you read on the forum with a grain of salt as they represent a VERY small portion of trucks on the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chiefsfan

Reaction score
I have 18,000 on my 2022 Dodge Ram 1500 Longhorn with etorque and for the last three mornings I have stalled out going through a stop sign with no pedals activated, just turning and coasting. When I stop, the rotary dial gear shift turns automatically to Park and the emergency brake is activated without any contact from me. I can start up and take off but it usually does it one more time before it runs the rest of the day without any problem. I contacted one dealership and they didn't know what it was. I contacted another one nearby and they knew what it was and scheduled me for an appointment. Apparently it is a problem with the auxiliary battery in the etorque array that is causing the truck to stall. I'm scheduled for an appointment tomorrow morning so I'll know more after they are finished - said it would take about 3 hours and it is covered under warranty.

Reactions: RPP

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Someone had to have a fix for this soon. There’s so many examples of this

Anthonyklenk

Reaction score
Update: Stopped at the dealership Friday 12/10/21 ( Day number 11 it's been at the dealership ) to get a status update and make my presence known ( To keep them on their feet ) and the service manager and the woman in charge of my case both greeted me. They went back to talk to the technician about the current status of my truck and he told them that he discovered that the "PDC" was bad, causing 8 separate modules to not receive power.

This is good news considering RAM has not contacted them back yet after their initial contact 7 days prior.
Upon receiving this news I was also informed that the part had to be ordered, nobody has them in stock, they are backordered with no estimated ship date. The service manager told me he will try to get me in a Truck for a loaner instead of this compass I'm in to try to ease the pain of not knowing how long this is going to take.

Snekpete

Reaction score
Update: Stopped at the dealership Friday 12/10/21 ( Day number 11 it's been at the dealership ) to get a status update and make my presence known ( To keep them on their feet ) and the service manager and the woman in charge of my case both greeted me. They went back to talk to the technician about the current status of my truck and he told them that he discovered that the "PDC" was bad, causing 8 separate modules to not receive power.

This is good news considering RAM has not contacted them back yet after their initial contact 7 days prior.
Upon receiving this news I was also informed that the part had to be ordered, nobody has them in stock, they are backordered with no estimated ship date. The service manager told me he will try to get me in a Truck for a loaner instead of this compass I'm in to try to ease the pain of not knowing how long this is going to take.
This is the fuse box under the hood. There appear to be many of them available via parts distributors like mymoparparts. Along with replacing injectors/rails I consider this a WAG at best. Good luck and keep us informed.

RPP

Reaction score
I have 18,000 on my 2022 Dodge Ram 1500 Longhorn with etorque and for the last three mornings I have stalled out going through a stop sign with no pedals activated, just turning and coasting. When I stop, the rotary dial gear shift turns automatically to Park and the emergency brake is activated without any contact from me. I can start up and take off but it usually does it one more time before it runs the rest of the day without any problem. I contacted one dealership and they didn't know what it was. I contacted another one nearby and they knew what it was and scheduled me for an appointment. Apparently it is a problem with the auxiliary battery in the etorque array that is causing the truck to stall. I'm scheduled for an appointment tomorrow morning so I'll know more after they are finished - said it would take about 3 hours and it is covered under warranty.
Any luck?

Eric9621

Reaction score
New to this forum but thought I would share the information I found out today. My truck has done this stall thing twice in the last week with between 900-1100 miles on it. After spending 4 hours at the dealership this morning they came to the conclusion that the auto start/stop module or whatever it is called was faulty and causing it to stall out. Huge downside to this is the part is on back order and they will have my truck for roughly three weeks due to them not wanting me to drive it. I did get a loaner though, thank god! Hope this helps everyone out.
Do you know how they finally found the problem? I have had the same issues with stalling 2x, and got the servi e auto start stop error several times. They are never able to find a code.

Eric9621

Reaction score
This same thing happened to me back on Oct 24, 2021. Rolling up to a stoplight, truck stalled, parking brake engaged, hazards came on. I brought it in that week, and no codes were found! Gave me the truck back after 2 days of them driving to tey to replicate the problem.

In addition I have brought the truck in for a auto start/stop service light. Again, no codes to determine an issue.

The dealers solution was to drive it to the dealership when it happens again!

LV426

Reaction score
The lack of engine code, error code or whatever is just crazy for this type of vehicle especially with the eTorque. I always thought it was weird that more information was not presented to the driver regarding this system. My refrigerator offers more diagnostic data than this...

I'm also surprised no one has come up with an after market gadget to monitor or maybe even tweak the eTorque system.

Eric9621

Reaction score
This same thing happened to me back on Oct 24, 2021. Rolling up to a stoplight, truck stalled, parking brake engaged, hazards came on. I brought it in that week, and no codes were found! Gave me the truck back after 2 days of them driving to tey to replicate the problem.

In addition I have brought the truck in for a auto start/stop service light. Again, no codes to determine an issue.

The dealers solution was to drive it to the dealership when it happens again!
Ohh, and mine is not an etorque

Users who are viewing this thread