5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Engine stalled / shut off

DubC

Reaction score
based on the fact that it's been going on this long for this many different versions of the trucks without so much as a peep from RAM about how to fix this (since seemingly every fix is a guess anyways, and thought i read that some of those fixes didn't actually fix anything), i'd say it might go away with some upgrade/update to the etorque system, but no systematic fix is coming. my dealership told me they've not heard a peep from anyone and the service manager had it happen to him on his truck the day he was driving it home. it's pretty lame.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I’m glad I don’t have ET. You would think FCA would have this figured out. They have been producing this truck since 2018

Tinshield

Reaction score
I’m glad I don’t have ET. You would think FCA would have this figured out. They have been producing this truck since 2018

That's what I thought and why I was comfortable getting it. Should be long perfected at this point.

Tinshield

Reaction score
I'm at the dealership now. After the initial incident (500 miles ago) the truck has been good. On my way here the check engine light came on. SMH

Anthonyklenk

Reaction score
I hope that fixes your truck. They also replaced the PDC on mine and after a week I had to take it back after it stalled again.
Thanks, seems to be doing fine so far.

Ram Care also reimbursed me for the 23 days it was at the dealership. A+ job on Ram Cares part.

Tinshield

Reaction score
Mine has only done this once so far and since the O2 sensor was replaced it's been fine. Guess we'll have to see how it goes long term.

broomsky06

Reaction score
I actually just picked-up my truck from the dealership after having it sit there for over a week.

Three weeks ago--was on the way back from a friends house late at night and truck just shut off in the middle of the street at about 35 mph. Got it to coast down the hill and off to the shoulder. Had it towed to local dealership. They called next morning and said it was ready for pick-up and said it was too low on fuel. Range on dash showed 78 miles until empty and light wasn't even on. They informed me Rams were notorious for overestimating DTE. (Didn't buy that one bit). I had to pay $89 diagnostic fee even though I only have 3K miles on the truck since they said it shut off because I didn't have the proper amount of fuel in the truck. I didn't argue with it, but now thinking after reading this thread maybe it's the issue others are experiencing and not because I didn't have enough fuel in the truck.

Before then, two times my check engine light has come on without any drivability issues, but noticed it was during both snow storms when temps dropped into single digits. Light would turn off if temps got up around 45/50 degrees. The third time it came on (last Wednesday) I was finally able to drop it off while the light was on. They wouldn't tell me the code, but said it was the E-torque system cooling fan or battery issue and had a ton of harnesses and things to check on the truck. Kept my truck for about a week and had a Chrysler tech come out and run diagnostics on it, drove it over 100 miles and then called to inform me that Chrysler recommended replacing the E-torque system which will be 4-6 weeks for parts. Picked-up the truck this morning and it's running fine, but still has the CEL on. I was at day 31 for my vehicle health report and it finally sent me a report. "Power Train Malfunction- EOBD/Injection System Failure".

Tinshield

Reaction score
The fuel BS is laughable. That malfunction error seems to be a miscellaneous type error on those stalls.

daddyfatsaxxx

Reaction score
Picked up the 2019 bighorn today and dropped off the 2022 rebel. This is the work notes from the battery replacement on the bighorn. When they scanned the rebel, the only code it showed was something to the effect of "Internal combustion engine torque to low." They had never seen the code before and couldn't find any information on it.

IMG_1405.jpg

jtrumbull

Reaction score
Same issue with 2022 Ram 1500 Laramie eTorque with only 967 miles...came to a stop sign and engine died. Red battery light and engine light came on. Restarted the truck and CEL stayed on. Took it to the dealer and he did not tell me the code but I saw he wrote down P1C6400 (Hybrid Perf – Engine Speed Below Target During Autostart) and told me that it may be an eTorque generator issue. He cleared the code and set up an appointment for 2/7. Contacted another Dodge dealer who is getting me in on 1/31. Returned from the dealership and while turning right into a parking spot, I noticed the RPMs dipped way low, almost to a stall. Extremely frustrated that I've had this truck for a month after trading in a 2021 Silverado 1500 with 15K miles when the right side lifters collapsed and I'm back at another dealership getting a $55K+ truck fixed with less than 1K miles.

Tinshield

Reaction score
I would think that due to the fact it’s Happening to so many owners it will hopefully be identified and resolved with a recall.

daddyfatsaxxx

Reaction score
I got my 2022 Rebel G/T with eTorque back yesterday with no resolution. The service tech said this was the first time they had ever seen that service code and had to call FCA engineering support. They seem to know there is a problem but there is no fix yet.

002C677A-110F-4C3D-A1AE-FC34B7CF62CB.jpeg

CDP110

Reaction score
Had my second occurrence of this yesterday - basically same situation as last - slowing from 35-40 MPH to make right hand turn - truck shut off. Got the "Shift to P to Start" message, followed by "Shifter Autocorrect Active", then after restarting got the message "Park Brake Auto Engaged Press Brake + Push Switch to Release" and "Safe-Hold Temporarily Disabled" and "AutoPark Disabled".
I received the shift to park message on dash board today when driviving 25mph then slowing to make right turn and I had to stop in middle of lane and shift to park then back to drive. I have 2019 bighorn 5.7 Anyone else have this issue

MrMisk

Reaction score
sounds like a possible module needing a updated flash. Don't ask me which one. From the issues it could be about 8 of them

CDP110

Reaction score
Ok thanks. Will make appt. I can’t duplicate it and it didn’t trigger a code so I don’t think they are gonna know Wht to fix

Tinshield

Reaction score
This is interesting. I thought for sure this was an eTorque issue. Everyone should report to NHSTA as it is a safety issue:

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/