5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Engine stalled / shut off

Drano1277

Reaction score
Having same issue 2021 1500 laramie v8 etourque under 2k miles. Same story was at a stop sign, took a right under 30mph stalled, all warning lights went off truck just shut off. Took a few minutes was able to restart. Wife and kids in the truck. Dealer says nothing wrong and they haven't heard of the issue. Had a full tank live in Massachusetts, just happened last week wasn't extremely hot or cold. Sad no one knows how or why! I filed with NHTSA like others.

Tdb94tim

Reaction score
I experienced the stalling problem with my 2021 Ram 1500 Laramie crew cab with the Hemi etorque. I currently have 2300 miles.

While traveling at approximately 35 mph I slowed to make a very sharp right hand turn. Truck was moving slowly enough, maybe 5-8 mph through the turn that I did not apply the accelerator, nor did I have any brake pressure applied to complete the turn. Before I could straighten the truck out of the turn, it stalled. Center screen stated to place vehicle in park before starting. I did not recall seeing an error message "no bus" as the previous post asks

As I eased to the side of the road 1-2 mph, the truck automatically applied the parking brake and abruptly stopped. I placed the shifter dial into Park and restarted without any issue. I have had the truck stall before, but I do not recall the exact conditions under which it did. Heading to the dealership on 4/1, I am fairly certain that they will not find or be able to duplicate the problem. I will be sure to post any answers. I did log into the mopar connect feature and it does not detect any codes or issues.

Would this have anything to do with the auto start/stop feature, or possible crankshaft positioning sensor, as mentioned in another article online?
I had the exact same thing happen to my 2021 ram 1500 Larime w/1200 miles tonight! Slow right turn, no acceleration or brake, coasting through and boom turns off……pull over put it in park and got the same message as you, brake, e brake etc! Really weird! First time I had this issue take the same road every night. Power stayed on radio, dash, lights etc. did u ever get an answer?

Tdb94tim

Reaction score
The exact same thing just happened to me this morning in 2021 1500 Limited. It restarted in the same manner as yours, but I don't have a good feeling about this. I've only had the truck for two months with less than 1,000 miles driven.
Me too, same thing….1200 miles tonight it happened

Tdb94tim

Reaction score
Yesterday my truck did exactly the same like yours did. 3rd time on the last 10 days, while turning to the left at around 10-15 mph the truck just die. Insane, parking brake engage and the guy behing me almost hit me. Was luckly enough to not get hit. Dealer say they can't duplicate the issue and they are not doing anything. Called FCA and they offered me a courtesy vehicule on the meantime. I wont be driving that vehicule until something is done with this. Also to everyone on this forum with this issue, reach me directly if you are willing to file a complaint. i do have a case open with FCA and thinking on this can be worsen.
You can count me in, same thing. Just happened to me. Brand new 2021 with less than 1200 miles, 66k truck!! Email me @[email protected]

Tdb94tim

Reaction score
Yesterday my truck did exactly the same like yours did. 3rd time on the last 10 days, while turning to the left at around 10-15 mph the truck just die. Insane, parking brake engage and the guy behing me almost hit me. Was luckly enough to not get hit. Dealer say they can't duplicate the issue and they are not doing anything. Called FCA and they offered me a courtesy vehicule on the meantime. I wont be driving that vehicule until something is done with this. Also to everyone on this forum with this issue, reach me directly if you are willing to file a complaint. i do have a case open with FCA and thinking on this can be worsen.
You can count me in, same thing. Just happened to me. Brand new 2021 with less than 1200 miles, 66k truck!! Email me @[email protected]

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
@RamCares

It seems the rate of occurrences is growing rapidly. Has FCA said anything? This should be a recall for sure. Major safety hazard.

Drano1277

Reaction score
Mine is at dealer as we speak. Same story they plugged into computer but couldn't generate error code they claim to be still looking into. They mentioned I am first case they have had. Lucky me! Will.keep you posted!

Shorty44

Reaction score
Well just had it happen again after the crank sensor replacement. Going back to dealer tomorrow

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Curious if anyone has the issue when auto stop start completely disabled

LV426

Reaction score
It's really hard for me to believe that no engine code/data/warning is not generated for something like this. Windshield wiper low, constant fancy warning... Potential engine stall or full blown stall, nothing to say about it....

Shorty44

Reaction score
There should be a button right below the dial shifter to turn auto start/stop on and off.
Yeah I know just wasn’t thinking when I was asked, whether disabled or not it’s happened from my research. Either way it shouldn’t matter.

Drano1277

Reaction score
So as expected heading to dealer to pick it up, they found absolutely nothing wrong with the vehicle. I have asked for what they did in writing to have it documented. I did ask for them to buy it back which they offered $4k less than I paid for it 3 months ago. Sounds like the sales team wasn't made aware of the fact that it had issues. Gotta love it!

deese

Reaction score
Of course after reading this post yesterday and knocking on wood thinking I’m lucky thus far not having this issue, what happens? Today it stalls on me for the first time slowing up to a red traffic light. Well that was fun.
Guess I better avoid reading the dreaded water leaking into the cab thread.

Reactions: c3k

skny

Reaction score
It's really hard for me to believe that no engine code/data/warning is not generated for something like this. Windshield wiper low, constant fancy warning... Potential engine stall or full blown stall, nothing to say about it....
I have a Tazer DT and pulled the code thrown after mine occurred. Something about the electronic parking brake if I remember correctly. Think it was a result of what occurred and. It the reason for the occurrence.

ReynierA

Reaction score
Today i got a call from nhtsa, the person helping me told me that they are opening an investigation for all the complaints submitted by us. If you know anyone with this issue a complaint must be submitted

Jstro

Reaction score
Today i got a call from nhtsa, the person helping me told me that they are opening an investigation for all the complaints submitted by us. If you know anyone with this issue a complaint must be submitted

I received an email from NHTSA earlier this week as well. Seems like we are getting some traction here. Thanks everyone who submitted an issue with NHTSA!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drano1277

Reaction score
I filed but haven't heard back. Got the response they received my complaint. Let me know how it goes. Not putting my family in this death trap.

Users who are viewing this thread