5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Engine stalled / shut off

welowe

Reaction score
Exact truck as FastFWDtotheend and exact same problem. Had the truck for close to a year and have 30k miles on it. The engine has shut off on appx 6 or 7 coasting right hand turns in that time. I have learned to feather the throttle when making that turn when the truck is cold to avoid it happening. I'll be watching this thread for the remedy.

BluegrassMotorsport

Reaction score
It's very likely something to do with the eTorque system and it's very likely Stellantis will sweep it under the rug. Typical corporate move. Cheaper to ignore than to recall.

Mom's Wagoneer with the same identical powertrain has been flawless this far and mine hasn't repeated it yet. We'll see.

DubC

Reaction score
Exact truck as FastFWDtotheend and exact same problem. Had the truck for close to a year and have 30k miles on it. The engine has shut off on appx 6 or 7 coasting right hand turns in that time. I have learned to feather the throttle when making that turn when the truck is cold to avoid it happening. I'll be watching this thread for the remedy.

i turn off the start/stop and whether or not that mitigates the issue i can't be sure. but it hasn't happened again since doing that.

skny

Reaction score
I posted on this thread previously of it happening during a slow right turn, but I just had it happen again with the cruise control on, going straight around 75mph. It was freaky - engine stayed running, but could not accelerate with the gas pedal, could not turn cruise up or down. Speed was being maintained. Had to pull off the highway, brake to a stop, then turned the truck off and it started back up and is working fine. I just have a CEL on now. Will take it to the dealer again, but they won’t hold my breath on then finding anything.

BluegrassMotorsport

Reaction score
I posted on this thread previously of it happening during a slow right turn, but I just had it happen again with the cruise control on, going straight around 75mph. It was freaky - engine stayed running, but could not accelerate with the gas pedal, could not turn cruise up or down. Speed was being maintained. Had to pull off the highway, brake to a stop, then turned the truck off and it started back up and is working fine. I just have a CEL on now. Will take it to the dealer again, but they won’t hold my breath on then finding anything.
That's exactly what I've been afraid of happening. Tempted while values are still high to trade for a non eTorque truck.

DubC

Reaction score
called my dealer today about this. waiting on a callback. was told they need to do some research on it, pull it up and really see what it entails. good lord. it says right on TSB what it entails. i'm boggled at why they are boggled. perhaps my expectations of a dealer service are still too high. (1" above the ground)

Pierrepage79

Reaction score
Just submitted my complaint to the NHTSA. Mine was pretty much the same as everyone else. Without warning when coasting to a right hand turn the engine shut off. Coasted to a stop, put it in park and started back up. Only 3200 miles on my 2021 1500 Laramie (Etourque).
Mine with the same engine and trim as yours just did this, to me this morning. Have you taken yours to the dealer? Curious to hear what they said.

Users who are viewing this thread