5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Don't forget to change those cabin filters guys....just did and WHOA!

x50

Reaction score
I guess if I have issues I can return it. It's Amazon!

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Can't see why anyone would have a problem, I think that these are all the same? Anyone have any issues, take a photo
Haha, I get what you’re saying. There’s some people that have zero common sense. Pair that with zero mechanical aptitude, and you have things like this:
1F562B80-5565-43A2-B36D-3A2F0DCB7F49.jpeg

There’s a bunch of good reasons why auto repair shops stay in business, and this is a great example. I’ve also aeen a guy take 45min trying to change one wiper. He was standing on his hood trying to yank off the blade. It was a true facepalm moment.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I'll change mine soon. Spring pollen season is almost here. When the oaks turn everything green it will have to change anyway.

Funny, when I had a Nissan with free oil changes, the service guy was telling me how bad my cabin filter looked and that I should have them change it for $50. He had the real stupid look on his face when I told him that model didn't come with one....

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Cant seem to find a filter replacement on amazon or autozone when I input 2020 model and see various sizes might be compatible. Anyone know of the real filter size I should be looking for on a 2020 build? not sure if limited means any difference in the size.
Freshbreeze Carbon CF11671 will fit okay can buy it at Autozone....forgot the price but its cheap!

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you installed the k&n, can you tell me which part # for you? I have a 2020 bighorn and the VF2065 seems to work for the 2019 and I assume it will
Work for me also. That said, I saw somewhere on here where someone had an issue with it not being the exact right size. Thanks for any help you can share on this.
the 2019 and 2020 are the same...

CogitoErgoLevo

Reaction score
I have a k&n cabin filter and i wash it every 3 months. It gets very dirty fast out here with pollen and sand and dust.

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score

Buckys

Reaction score
My dealer just quoted $83 to replace mine (10k miles). I guess I'll be going the DIY route.

2021 Ram 1500 Eco-diesel

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have 121,000 miles on my 2017 and never changed the cabin air filter. Never really worried about it. Somehow I’m still alive from breathing dirty air. 😆

Derek916

Reaction score
I remeber seeing somewhere the cabin air filter is N95 or something like that....they look just regular filters??

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have 121,000 miles on my 2017 and never changed the cabin air filter. Never really worried about it. Somehow I’m still alive from breathing dirty air. 😆
It's not so much breathing dirty air, as there really isn't a filter bypass when it gets dirty, but it can/will significantly effect your HVAC performance. If your A/C is subpar in the heat, or the heater is taking longer to warn the interior up, it's probably due to reduced airflow from a clogged cabin air filter.

Users who are viewing this thread