5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Don't forget to change those cabin filters guys....just did and WHOA!

jimk hunt

Reaction score

Firebird

Reaction score
Just changed mine this morning at 22,000 miles, man it was nasty! Thankfully, it took less than 2 minutes to swap out.
20200422_075818.jpg

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Just changed mine this morning at 22,000 miles, man it was nasty! Thankfully, it took less than 2 minutes to swap out.
View attachment 53551
Where do you drive? I'm in NYC and I think my filter looked worst with 1/2 the mileage. Also did you notice the interior getting "dustier" prior to the change versus when the ram was new.

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Where do you drive? I'm in NYC and I think my filter looked worst with 1/2 the mileage. Also did you notice the interior getting "dustier" prior to the change versus when the ram was new.
Hi. I'm in New England, but the truck was from down south, (used). No idea of what the environment was before I got it. Just glad I checked it!

yankeefan31569

Ram Guru
Reaction score
mine looked the same at 19k took about 4 min to change...piece of mind glad i got my swapped out

Firebird

Reaction score
I live in Florida, and we just came through pollen season, so my interior was already looking bad from that.

Taegee2

Reaction score
No... My Bighorn has one i swapped it out for a K&N cabin filter..
I got a K&N too but haven't installed it yet. It doesn't seem to have the air flow indicator on the K&N filter. How did you figure out which way to install or does it matter on the K&N?

BGC

Reaction score
I got a K&N too but haven't installed it yet. It doesn't seem to have the air flow indicator on the K&N filter. How did you figure out which way to install or does it matter on the K&N?
If you installed the k&n, can you tell me which part # for you? I have a 2020 bighorn and the VF2065 seems to work for the 2019 and I assume it will
Work for me also. That said, I saw somewhere on here where someone had an issue with it not being the exact right size. Thanks for any help you can share on this.

zlman

Reaction score
Just replaced mine, 11k miles and 1 yr of ownership. It was dirty but not terrible, I rarely drive gravel so I wasn't expecting it to be too bad.
Didn't unhook cable from the box, just gave a little tug and it popped of its hinges, 5 min job, easy.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So reading this, I got stuck to trying to understand the oil change at 20k miles. Sure enough, I checked my manual and like OP said, first oil change is at 20k miles. Is that accurate...and why so long?

Owner of a 2020 Ram Laramie (leveled with 2" rc struts and 1" rear spacer on 33.5" toyo open country) , 16 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 21 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)

BowDown

Reaction score

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I recently bought a KN washable but have not received it yet.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just replaced mine, 11k miles and 1 yr of ownership. It was dirty but not terrible, I rarely drive gravel so I wasn't expecting it to be too bad.
Didn't unhook cable from the box, just gave a little tug and it popped of its hinges, 5 min job, easy.
After 2+ years and almost 16K miles, I changed mine (as part of my "20K service"). My OE filter didn't appear to be very dirty either, but I was noticing a lot of dust in the cabin (a fact of life in Texas). I went with a Fram CF11671 "with Arm & Hammer" from Amazon. The trickiest part was getting the hinges to "pop back in" and seat themselves correctly.

Jako

Reaction score
Additional Info:

fridge

Reaction score
After 15 months and 11,000 miles, I changed mine today. It was the original filer and was it ever nasty. Took me longer to reseat the hinges of the glovebox than everything else.

x50

Reaction score
Mopar part number is 68406048AA, not sure if they can reference it with stock part number.

Fram Fresh Breeze CF 11671 will fit too.

I was looking at getting one of these but I read this in the reviews.

2022-03-13_9-17-01.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread