5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Don't forget to change those cabin filters guys....just did and WHOA!

Skud

Reaction score
It’s also good to keep in mind that some filters will look black even when new. This is because some contain carbon to remove odors. So, going by color isn’t always the best.

It looks like this filter had enough “crud” that a replacement was a good idea.

Riley

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

tdager

Reaction score
It is part of the 20K service, which I just had. Mine was as bad as yours, so they definitely work AND need to be periodically replaced!

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I replace mine at each oil change. Maybe slight overkill but they're cheap, and I live in a very dusty environment for 7 months of the year.

Firebird

Reaction score
I assume the cabin filter is an upper level trim option?

CornTrucks

Reaction score
I just find the varying opinions on air filters funny. Some people (not aimed at OP) freak out at the first visible signs of dirt and others just blow air on a dirty filter and use it until they sell their pickups after 100,000 miles.

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just find the varying opinions on air filters funny. Some people (not aimed at OP) freak out at the first visible signs of dirt and others just blow air on a dirty filter and use it until they sell their pickups after 100,000 miles.
I agree with you on that actually. I'm just a little on the anal side when it comes to the maintenance. Plus there's all kinds of bad things in the air these days! Lol

drect

Reaction score
Cant seem to find a filter replacement on amazon or autozone when I input 2020 model and see various sizes might be compatible. Anyone know of the real filter size I should be looking for on a 2020 build? not sure if limited means any difference in the size.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Mopar part number is 68406048AA, not sure if they can reference it with stock part number.

Fram Fresh Breeze CF 11671 will fit too.

Last edited:

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Cant seem to find a filter replacement on amazon or autozone when I input 2020 model and see various sizes might be compatible. Anyone know of the real filter size I should be looking for on a 2020 build? not sure if limited means any difference in the size.

All 2020 RAM 1500 using same in-cabin airfilter which also the same as 2019.

drect

Reaction score
Mopar part number is 68406048AA, not sure if they can reference it with stock part number.

Fram Fresh Breeze CF 11671 will fit too.
Thanks for this, has anyone tried the Fram Fresh with carbon or just Fram Fresh with Arm & Hammer. Trying to guage if the carbon might restrict air flow any.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Thanks for this, has anyone tried the Fram Fresh with carbon or just Fram Fresh with Arm & Hammer. Trying to guage if the carbon might restrict air flow any.

Yes I have the Fram one in now(carbon). No flow restriction at all.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the 5th gens use the same filter as the 4th gens? I have a couple new filters for my 2017 Rebel I'd like to use if I can. I guess I could just try one and see if it fits.

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the 5th gens use the same filter as the 4th gens? I have a couple new filters for my 2017 Rebel I'd like to use if I can. I guess I could just try one and see if it fits.
I very doubt they will work.

Users who are viewing this thread