5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Device not supported

OtterRam

Reaction score
My iPhone did this on one of the iOS 13 updates in our Toyota, the recent update fixed it (ios update).

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

ALMETHEN91

Reaction score
I have same issue and still the dealership in Kuwait Middle East didn’t know the problem and I’m waiting from two months my car 2019 rebel 12

fredrk123

Reaction score
Has anyone had this issue fixed? My 3 month old Ram 1500 started doing this same software version listed above its so frequent that I can barley use it for anything, car play doesn't work, it reboots every once in a while when driving, and at one point the rear camera turned on while driving and wouldn't turn off i had to pull over and restart the truck. Brought it to the dealer this morning and got it back after 9 hours still not working they said they were working with FCA but didn't have a solution. The SA did say they are waiting for approval to replace the system.
the exact same thing happened to me last month on my 2019 laramie sport. Also i've had the entire screen go out and not do anything but it started working the next morning. The dealerships don't have anything because i've gone in there multiple times. I'm waiting for FCA to come out with an update.

jdubc72

Reaction score
I have been using google auto on pixel 2 and 3 for 11 months, no issues. Last week this started happening and I have tried all the things and no fix. My truck had all updates last July. I even went back to an older Google auto version of the app and still didn't work. Because it seems that this issue comes from IOS too, its a Uconnect problem. Guess we will wait for a fix. Anyone know if RAM even knows there is a problem?

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Any resolution yet for this issue? What version software is everyone running.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
When your usb and/or CarPlay starts acting up, disconnecting, etc, you need a new media hub. It’s the only thing that will permanently fix the problem. I agonized first a while until I had it done. Tried different cords, reboots, iOS versions, etc. Would work for a little while and then glitch again. Ever since they replaced the media hub many months ago it has been perfect, hasn’t glitched a single time.

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I tried a new cable and the problem stopped. I am now using cable from phone manufacturer, all the cheap amazon cables did this to me.

for many this will only be a temp fix and it will glitch again. True that there are a lot of junk cables out there and even oem cables go bad but there is def a problem with the media hubs, at least on a handful of the 2019’s. YMMV

Scadams3207

Reaction score
Just got a 2020 rebel in mid December. I have the 12” screen. Just started acting up yesterday. The “device not supported” error keeps popping up every couple of second or minutes. Seems completely random but extremely frequent. I do not have anything connected wired or Bluetooth. I erased all setting and disconnected the battery for 30 mins. The issue still persists. Any other ideas? I’m pretty bummed as the truck is only 3 weeks old....

Speterson

Reaction score
Just got a 2020 rebel in mid December. I have the 12” screen. Just started acting up yesterday. The “device not supported” error keeps popping up every couple of second or minutes. Seems completely random but extremely frequent. I do not have anything connected wired or Bluetooth. I erased all setting and disconnected the battery for 30 mins. The issue still persists. Any other ideas? I’m pretty bummed as the truck is only 3 weeks old....
I have a 2020 Rebel as well. Purchased in November. Same exact issues. Very annoying. Any results yet?

Scadams3207

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Rebel as well. Purchased in November. Same exact issues. Very annoying. Any results yet?
Not yet. I took it to the dealer last Saturday and they did several reset on the Uconnect and the main computer. Issue is still happening. They escalated to Ram Engineers same day. I have not received any updates since Saturday. I’m very frustrated with Ram.

R2nD2

Reaction score
I keep getting the message device not supported every 5-10 minutes. Phone is synced and works. Anyone have any idea whats causing that?
Had this issue intermittently. Decided it was a good motivation to upgrade my old phone but problem still persisted. Then one day I forgot my phone and was surprised the problem still existed. So I eliminated the phone as a cause. Dealer didn't offer a fix but the problem has gone away and hasn't presented in over a month. At least I got a new phone out of it.

FrankNBeans

Reaction score
Just picked up a 2020 Limited on Monday, Jan 20th, 2020 and I'm getting this message constantly. Took it to the dealer this morning but of course they haven't heard of the issue and seem to think it's related to my phone. I can confirm 100% this has absolutely nothing to do with your phone, Android Auto, Apple CarPlay, cables, or anything listed above/previously. I encountered this issue with the vehicle even on the test drive over the weekend when I had no phone connected and no bluetooth paired devices. So basically a bone stock truck is exhibiting this issue.

FrankNBeans

Reaction score
Just picked up a 2020 Limited on Monday, Jan 20th, 2020 and I'm getting this message constantly. Took it to the dealer this morning but of course they haven't heard of the issue and seem to think it's related to my phone. I can confirm 100% this has absolutely nothing to do with your phone, Android Auto, Apple CarPlay, cables, or anything listed above/previously. I encountered this issue with the vehicle even on the test drive over the weekend when I had no phone connected and no bluetooth paired devices. So basically a bone stock truck is exhibiting this issue.

Dealer replaced the main head unit and a software upgrade resolved this issue. Had the truck for a week since the fix and its all good now.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Dealer replaced the main head unit and a software upgrade resolved this issue. Had the truck for a week since the fix and its all good now.
Glad to hear!

Pls add your truck's vitals to your signature when you have a chance. This makes it easier for other folks to help in case you have questions or concerns about your rig.

michaelcave1515

Reaction score
So i am at the dealership right now for this issue. I have an iphone X completely up to date. I have a 12 inch screen with the tech package on a 2019 Ram Limited. I eliminated the phone very early in the process by turning off bluetooth and forgetting Uconnect. I also was on the phone with Uconnect for 30 mins the other night when the problem was happening every 5 seconds. This morning as I was headed to the dealership it was only happening every 10-15 minutes. Took 25 mins to even persist this morning.

So the service tech just told me that this is a known issue. A slow start or lower voltage on the battery can throw an error. Well that causes an issue and causes the Device Not Supported issue. The issue will then slowly go away as the radio repairs itself. We will see what happens when they give me my truck back.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
So i am at the dealership right now for this issue. I have an iphone X completely up to date. I have a 12 inch screen with the tech package on a 2019 Ram Limited. I eliminated the phone very early in the process by turning off bluetooth and forgetting Uconnect. I also was on the phone with Uconnect for 30 mins the other night when the problem was happening every 5 seconds. This morning as I was headed to the dealership it was only happening every 10-15 minutes. Took 25 mins to even persist this morning.

So the service tech just told me that this is a known issue. A slow start or lower voltage on the battery can throw an error. Well that causes an issue and causes the Device Not Supported issue. The issue will then slowly go away as the radio repairs itself. We will see what happens when they give me my truck back.
Sounds like the USB hub may be the culprit. Mine used to do that a lot, also disconnecting intermittently. The culprit was a bent connector to the USB hub, and I have not had any issues since dealer fixed this back in January.

Users who are viewing this thread