5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Device not supported

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I have been having this problem since I got my truck in 2020 I even posted a thread about it myself and I finally fixed it!!! It's the media hub. I have a 2019 1500 laramie 12 inch uconnect. I went to the dealership and picked a new one up for 50 bucks and it's super easy to change. You have to remove the console which is only 6 bolts 10mm. The old one pulls out and the new one snaps in. I youtubed 2019 ram console removal and a guy was putting lights in his interior but during that he gives instructions on removing console. It to me about 45 minutes to get it done and back together. Hope this helps someone.
Why would you not have it taken care of under warranty?

1GlockFan

Reaction score
I all of a sudden started have the same promblem and receiving the error message. I took it to the dealership and they said that it was he hub below my 12" screen. They replaced it with a new one and all has been well thus far. Granted I just picked my truck back up yesterday.

Captainmerl

Reaction score
I keep getting the message device not supported every 5-10 minutes. Phone is synced and works. Anyone have any idea whats causing that?
Me too. disconnected phone and even had the dealer swap out stero/display and I still gets it. any help?

Kevin5069

Reaction score
Mine just started doing this yesterday. 2021 1500 Warlock. 21k KM's. It's under warranty, but will need to book an appointment to get it in. It's nothing to do with the hub (never had my phone plugged in via cable). And the issue continues when I did the factory reset and disconnected my phone (Pixel 5). Has anyone found an easy fix for this? The message appears within seconds when I start the truck, and when I keep hitting 'ok' or cancel.

stalkerish

Reaction score
Mine just started doing this yesterday. 2021 1500 Warlock. 21k KM's. It's under warranty, but will need to book an appointment to get it in. It's nothing to do with the hub (never had my phone plugged in via cable). And the issue continues when I did the factory reset and disconnected my phone (Pixel 5). Has anyone found an easy fix for this? The message appears within seconds when I start the truck, and when I keep hitting 'ok' or cancel.
It may still be the hub. I figured it out after I had my screen replaced by the dealer and it was still an issue (nothing plugged in). Ended up cleaning the hubs ports and it worked fine for several months. Weather changed and it started again along with a blue screen backup cam! Try compressed air on your hub. Worked for me. For a while.

Jim L

Reaction score
Is this still an issue for folks? My 2020 tried an ota update that didn’t work and now I get this device not supported message

kg26wulf

Reaction score
Happened to me today. 500 miles and one week old.
it maybe related to whatsapp. I was using wired CarPlay andmade a whatsapp phone call and it started. I shut off truck and locked it for a few minutes and it went away

but I noticed the touch was slow to respond after this issue and Mx channels took longer to load.
I have no other device or usb connected at all.
Mine doing the same thing with nothing connected via usb or bluetooth, happen to find a solution? Thx.

Jim L

Reaction score
Update: took my truck to the dealer for the device not supported message and nav not working since it tried downloading the OTA update. Dealer took me right in no appointment and i even had the service tech and advisor come out and talk to me. He disconnected the battery and did a reset and all works fine. He even had paperwork from Ram on the issue. When i drove around today I got the ota update which of course made me nervous. Anyway, it downloaded fine and all is well. Hopefully it holds

Viking42

Reaction score
Hi, driving my 2019 Ram since a while now,
I have this issue also, even with not a signle device connected, either USB or bluetooth
I have a screen reboot every 3 minutes

so the solution is to disconnect the battery for a while?

klotz50

Reaction score
It’s actually pretty easy. The center console comes out with just some minor trim removal, removal of 6 fasteners, and a couple of harness plugs. Once out there are two long pieces of trim that snap off and then you remove a housing assembly for the CD player and media hub. The hub itself has 3 plugs for wiring and and it’s retained with clips only. This video covers the center console removal pretty well.
This one is pretty good for showing removal as well...

klotz50

Reaction score
I have been having this problem since I got my truck in 2020 I even posted a thread about it myself and I finally fixed it!!! It's the media hub. I have a 2019 1500 laramie 12 inch uconnect. I went to the dealership and picked a new one up for 50 bucks and it's super easy to change. You have to remove the console which is only 6 bolts 10mm. The old one pulls out and the new one snaps in. I youtubed 2019 ram console removal and a guy was putting lights in his interior but during that he gives instructions on removing console. It to me about 45 minutes to get it done and back together. Hope this helps someone.
This vid for a wireless charger shows the removal in simple fashion.

jhaislip86

Reaction score
Just replaced my USB/media hub and still getting the issue. iPhone 13, Bluetooth connection, forgot device on both phone and truck and re-paired. Still doing it. Could it be the rear USB hub?

Flatop

Reaction score
Yesterday could not get AA to start. Bought a new cable...nothing. Returned cable. Tried 3 other cables and nothing. hour on the phone with Samsung customer tech support....nothing.. Blew dust/dirt out of usb hub and updated AA and all is good.

Users who are viewing this thread