5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Device not supported

AndreiV

Reaction score
I keep getting the message device not supported every 5-10 minutes. Phone is synced and works. Anyone have any idea whats causing that?
Would be nice to know what unit you have in the truck and what phone... How would you expect someone to give you any feedback

Lize

Reaction score
Are you bluetooth or with wire?
I'd recommend trying another wire if that way, also have you got it plugged in on the USB nearest the driver?

Damion

Reaction score
My truck was doing this as well 8.4 with iPhone X Dealer did an update to the stereo works fine now.

Its wort noting the dealer had an update available but the uconnect website said there were no updates.

Hemileadfoot

Reaction score
Really wierd, yesterday it would not connect thru USB, then android auto updated and now its fine.

Hemileadfoot

Reaction score
Well, It's doing it again. Connected to USB or bluetooth, either way. I already got the latest update a couple months ago for the same thing. getting frustrated. USB the phone shows it is charging, but The USB on source select is not lighting up.
notsupport.jpg usb.jpg

Damion

Reaction score
Mine started doing this again the other day, dealer says theres an update in the works for this. I also noticed my CarPlay won't work while its acting up either

Hemileadfoot

Reaction score
Here is my software version. Also noticed flash drive is not being seen by the radio. 0909191143.jpg

Hemileadfoot

Reaction score
Ok, uninstalled Android Auto, reinstalled app, Plugged in phone prior to starting truck and viola it worked. It then said unplug and replug in phone to use new version and everything works, kinda. For a bit, my phone was playing 2 songs at the same time. Had to go to sirius and back to android auto to get it to stop doing that.

john94si

Reaction score
Happened to me today. 500 miles and one week old.
it maybe related to whatsapp. I was using wired CarPlay andmade a whatsapp phone call and it started. I shut off truck and locked it for a few minutes and it went away

but I noticed the touch was slow to respond after this issue and Mx channels took longer to load.
I have no other device or usb connected at all.

inteus

Reaction score
I have a Google Pixel 3 that worked with Android auto very well. From the beginning though, I was getting the unsupported device notification on the screen, but hit ok and it worked anyway. Unfortunately, around 700 miles, I would connect the usb to my Pixel 3 and it would cycle the charging on the phone and Android Auto would not start. I've never had a problem with the bluetooth however. I haven't deleted Android Auto from the phone and reinstall yet. I'll try that next.

RAMpage

Reaction score
Noticed the same error on my 12” last night when connecting my work phone (Android) but it still worked for AA anyways despite the error. Never any error with my personal phone (iPhone on 13.1.2).
Android connected to USB 1 and iPhone to USB 2.

Tomb124

Reaction score
Has anyone had this issue fixed? My 3 month old Ram 1500 started doing this same software version listed above its so frequent that I can barley use it for anything, car play doesn't work, it reboots every once in a while when driving, and at one point the rear camera turned on while driving and wouldn't turn off i had to pull over and restart the truck. Brought it to the dealer this morning and got it back after 9 hours still not working they said they were working with FCA but didn't have a solution. The SA did say they are waiting for approval to replace the system.

john94si

Reaction score
Has anyone had this issue fixed? My 3 month old Ram 1500 started doing this same software version listed above its so frequent that I can barley use it for anything, car play doesn't work, it reboots every once in a while when driving, and at one point the rear camera turned on while driving and wouldn't turn off i had to pull over and restart the truck. Brought it to the dealer this morning and got it back after 9 hours still not working they said they were working with FCA but didn't have a solution. The SA did say they are waiting for approval to replace the system.
Do you use WhatsApp? That’s what seemed to cause my issue

inteus

Reaction score
I thought I fixed mine by uninstalling the updates to Android Auto, deleting the data and reinstalling the updates on my Pixel 3. Worked again for almost a week before disconnecting and cycling the charging over and over. It does the same on my Pixel 2. Frustrating.

JWrath66

Reaction score
Mine started doing this again the other day, dealer says theres an update in the works for this. I also noticed my CarPlay won't work while its acting up either
I have been dealing with the exact same issue this past week! It’s so annoying. I took it to the dealer and they told me they don’t have any updates so they are going to replace my radio lol.

Users who are viewing this thread